Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
Is there anyone else out there who is having trouble gaining weight? Or, maybe not weight but gaining back inches? <P>I haven't really lost that much weight - only about 5 - 7 pounds - but I went from a size 10 to a size 4. I'm 5'9" and weigh 135lbs - I just look a lot thinner. I don't have skeleton arms, some people think I must work out too much but the truth of the matter is that I don't do anything!!!! I know, I need to have a complete physical [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] could be a thyroid problem, list is endless.... <P>I realize that this seems insignificant if you don't have this problem, but it is just as much of a problem as excess weight. No one stops a person in the grocery store to tell them how fat they are, yet everyone seems to think that it's okay to tell me how skinny I look to them! And it's not that I look unhealthy, everyone wants to know how I keep myself so "slim and trim...." if they only knew.<P>Okay - So - recipes (I need to find that cheesecake recipe) and/or lifestyle changes? Other than eat more, I know that one. I'll start excercising more once my Doc has given me the okay to play golf again. And, I'm going to start eating breakfast (I never really have before) I'll let you know if it helps. <P>I know I can't be alone in this.....come on, confess to me that I'm not the only one who can't gain weight.....please?!?!?!?

K
K
Geez... I wish I could help you. My problem is just the opposite. <P>I don't even have to eat to gain weight. If I <B>think</B> about food I start swelling up like a balloon. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>You probably should go to a doctor first. After you eliminate the possibilty of a medical problem then you can work out a plan to try to gain some weight back.<P>Good Luck<BR>Keo

M
M
RC,<P>I lost 22 lbs. on the great diet that we're all on. I've gained 2 of that back but lost those 2 this weekend. <P>I had a girl I know ask me how I lost weight because she wanted to try my way. I assured her that she didn't want to lose it my way and left it at that. I had a friend that told me she knew how I stayed so thin, chasing after my kids. I told her that it had nothing to do with chasing after kids. I told her to separate from her husband and see if it worked for her! <P>I have a medical problem where I'm required to eat at least 3 times a day and it's very hard to do. <P>I don't necessarily want to gain weight, just maintain what I have. I hope you get some good suggestions.<P>Mitzi

W
W
Here ya go RCoaster,<P>This is my Grandma's cheese cake recipe. I have this for my birthday cake every year. It holds a very special place in my heart because my husband and I always used to bake it together. I don't know if you saw my thread last weekend, "He Baked Me a Cheese Cake", well, that was a pretty big deal to me! Of course I probably blow everything out of proportion these days! Anyway, here it is and enjoy! It is totally sinful! My mouth is now watering! Hmmm, maybe when my h bakes me that lasagna tomorrow, I can get him to bake me another cheese cake! LOL! I am weighing in at 110 or so right now! I don't need to work at gaining any!<P>Cheese Cake Elegante' <BR> <BR> Ingredients: <BR> <BR> Crust:<BR>1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs<BR>1/3 cup melted butter<BR>1/4 cup powdered sugar<BR>1/4 teaspoon cinnamon<BR>1/4 teaspoon nutmeg<P>Filling:<BR>3-8 ounce packages cream cheese at room temperature<BR>1 cup sugar<BR>3 eggs slightly beaten<BR>2 teaspoons vanilla<P>Topping:<BR>1 1/2 cups sour cream<BR>4 tablespoons sugar<BR>1 teaspoon vanilla<BR>pinch of salt <BR> <BR> Directions: <BR> <BR> Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine crust ingredients and press on bottom and up the sides of a springform pan. Beat filling ingredients until creamed and smooth. Pour into crust and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and set oven temperature to 450 degrees. Blend together topping ingredients and spread over top of cheesecake. Return to the oven and bake for 7 minutes. Cool on the counter and then refrigerate for at least two hours.<P>Woozy<BR> <BR>

K
K
Wow!! And I thought I was the only one who had lost weight because of this!!!<P>I have lost 15 pounds in 6 months...from 175 to 160. I am ready for some new pants! I walk around work all day trying to keep my pants up around my waist.<P>I think the ultimate recipe is this:<P>1 Faithful spouse<BR>Honesty<BR>Openness<P>Might want to try some love, understanding, comfort, or other things for flavor!!!<P>Enjoy!<BR>Doug<BR>

T
T
I went from 147 to 130lbs. I just couldn;t eat. A lot of people know whats going on coz my H moved out. I have gained back about 8 lbs. which is good because I was looking pretty emaciated.<P>I just began eating. I think I allowed myself some snacking. (like chips and dip)<P>I had to buy size six jeans and they were too big, which is ugly when you are 5'8'' and big boned!!!! I even have been having problems with lots of cramping in various muscles.<P>I began taking antidepressants because I could not sleep. I think they helped me eat also.

B
B
well so far I think I win the infidelity diet contest. I've lost 28 lbs, down to 191 since Jan 5th and still going. When my W and I split the first time in May I lost 30 lbs in 30 days, but gained it all back and then some when we got back together. I know this, rapid weight gain and lose is not good for your health, of course either is infidelity. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Brent

R
OP Offline
R
Kinda Blue,<P>Oh, if it were only so! It would definitely help the process, wouldn't it? <P>tootrusting,<P>The biggest problem is that they don't make size 4 to 6 in Long lengths!!! Guess I'll just have to succumb to wearing Capri Pants. Every pair of jeans seems to become peddle pushers (I'm showing my age here - that's what we called 'em when I was a kid).<BR>I know, my problems - someone else's dreams, right? If you know of any catalogs where I can get small sizes in long, let me know!!!<P>brent,<P>Hope you can maintain at whatever is comfortable for you. Infidelity really is a Roller Coaster ride, not just emotionally.<P>{{{{{{{{{{{woozy}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>Ooh la la!! Thanks bunchies, you gave me the munchies [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

W
W
RCoaster,<P>LOL! I am glad you are happy with the recipe! It is to die for! It is almost as good as sex! LOL!<P>Woozy

C
C
Taco Bell, Pizza Hut & McDonalds worked for me!<P>------------------<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<BR>For relationship info check out <A HREF="http://www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html" TARGET=_blank>Marriage & Relationship Resources</A>

R
OP Offline
R
woozy,<P>Sex is great, yes, but you can always count on a cheesecake - and you'll always know that it is really you it's staying with!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Chris,<P>Unfortunately, only a McDonalds in my neck of the PNW woods (not really the woods, exactly, closer to suburban). I wish there were more places that weren't quite so 'fashionable' where I live. I'll just have to stuff my refrigerator with caloric junk. Unfortunately my sons will probably eat it all before I even get much of a chance to look at it. But that's another problem....<p>[This message has been edited by RCoaster (edited March 19, 2000).]

M
M
RC,<BR> I've had trouble keeping weight on most of my life.I always had a slender build,a high metabolism,and when wifey had her affair,I lost valuable weight.I started lifting free weights to help burn off the stress.It helped my body physically,and mentally.You don't want to fall into the trap of eating a bunch of fatty foods.You want to put on healthy weight,not a beer belly.I eat a lot of cooked chicken,veggies,potatos,yogurt,and drink lots of water.You'll have a hard time putting on weight if you're dehydrated.Once or twice a day I'll mix together a cup of low-fat yogurt,a 1/2-1 cup of low-fat cottage cheese,and a sliced banana.This will give you extra protein,potassium,and some extra calories.Doesn't taste too bad with different flavors of yogurt,either.You really need to eat some food in the morning,even just a bowl of instant Quaker oats.Don't worry about other women calling you skinny,they're just jealous.--Murph

R
OP Offline
R
Murphy,<P>I can tell you're from the Seattle area.....<P>Yes, I think lifting weights appeals to me the most - when my Doc says okay. I had surgery in January on my left index finger and the bone is so thin that he won't even let me play golf (I am crushed, crushed, crushed - I love that game). I was really into ballet but classes are hard to find for 'older' women, so I <B>do</B> need to find something to keep those muscles toned. I think I carry so much weight because of earlier physical fitness - a lot of muscle weight. <P>I like the junk food angle though, too.

R
OP Offline
R
I just realized one of the reasons that posts are so slow this afternoon.....March Madness. Guess I better get my **** upstairs to see what's happening!!! I loved watching Gonzaga last night!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 697 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation