Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#371116 03/23/00 08:38 PM
J
OP Offline
J
I am going through the most difficult time right now. My H came home from a month long separation on Feb 1st. Right after he came home she told him that she was pregnant.<P>He knew I would stay and support him and he said he really wanted to be here. So we were going to try and work this out. <P>A month later she left a letter in his car. About a week after that he started contact with her again. I found out a week after it started because she had called me and told me. He left to think that night and didn't come home. I called him out there and he wouldn't come home. He said he would be home when he was ready.<P>I lost it that morning and ended up in the hospital. I was there for 4 days. In that time I just told him that I needed the truth and if he wanted to leave to leave but if he was going to stay that I wanted to go to counseling with him. <P>So he agreed to see the counselor. We saw him twice and H agreed to a no exit for 90 days which meant he would not leave the marriage in any way. To give us time to work on it.<P>Last weekend went good...too good. Then yesterday he said he was going out of town for work and I just felt weird about it. So I told him I would meet him down there to give him money. He had a fit and said if I was going to check up on him he would be mad at me. That got me really worried. So I told him I was going down there. <P>I went down there and there was the OW. So I confronted him in front of her and he said he didn't want to be married anymore. I was crushed. I did not cry I told him to file for divorce then.<P>He came and told the kids. It about killed me. I am hurting so bad. I love this man with my whole heart and will have been married 6 years on April first. Now it is all falling apart.<P>I didn't want to see or talk to him but he showed up today and I lost it. I asked him why he wanted a divorce and he said it just seems like the right thing. I told him that I still love him and that this is not the right thing for me or the kids. <P>I don't even know why I am still hanging on. He has all but said I don't mean anything to him anymore. Yet I still love him and I still believe that he loves me. He won't tell me he doesn't love me. He said he can't say that...<P>So here I am and I don't know what to do anymore. So if you could just keep me in your prayers, I would appreciate it.<P>Stacy<P>------------------<BR>Jaded Heart<BR>____________<P> <A HREF="http://journeys.webprovider.com" TARGET=_blank>http://reflect.to/journeys</A> <P> <P>

#371117 03/23/00 09:05 PM
M
M
Stacy,<P>I am so sorry!! I really don't have any advice, just prayers and <BR>big ((((((((HUGS)))))))))<P>Take care,<BR>Mitzi

#371118 03/23/00 09:28 PM
C
C
I don't have any advice either, keep posting and posting and get the support YOU need.<P>He can't work on your marriage while in another relationship.<P>But it is a good sign he won't tell you he doesn't love you.<P>(((hugs and prayers jadedheart))))<P>Keep posting and talking, it will help to talk to someone.

#371119 03/24/00 01:15 AM
S
S
Stacy,<P>You know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I just wanted to post here and let you know I am trying to cover all the angles.<P><B>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Jadeheart/Stacy}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}</B><P>------------------<BR><B>God bless you and all of us. We are all going to make it, all of us! laugh With God on our side we can't lose! wink What God has joined together let no man put asunder. <P>Samantha</B>

#371120 03/24/00 11:35 AM
S
S
Stacy, are you there today???<P>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{stacy}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>I remember when my h said he was leaving and didn't want me to beg him to stay. Then he went on a bus. trip.<P>While he was gone, I wrote like mad in my journal and somehow found the strength to really let go of him. I believed it would be useless to try to hold on if he didn't want to stay, and that I and the kids would be truly better without him unless he had a change of heart.<P>I'm a great wife and I sure don't want anyone here that doesn't want to be here.<P>You know what??? He found that strength extremely attractive and he changed his mind.<P>Stacy, why did you end up in the hospital??<P>What would you like us to pray?? That he come back, that you find the strength you need??<P>

#371121 03/24/00 11:54 AM
T
T
First let me say, I wish i was there to give you a very deserved hug! I agree with Schizzo. It is time to find your own strenth. No begging, pleading is going to work. It only gets pity and that is the last thing or reason why you would want anyone in your life, it just never turns out in happiness. You can't make someone stay or even love you. I am not saying that your H doesn't love you, but by asking over and over again WHY is not going to help you. It is not going to put any control of anything that you feel is out of control. By showing that you are worthy of better treatment is a start. By showing him that you will survive without him and believe me you WILL survive. NO where in the world is it written on anyone's birth papers that you need a certain someone in order to live! Be strong and start thinking about you and only you for a change.

#371122 03/24/00 08:06 PM
N
N
Schizzo & Trying24Give have some really great advice.<P>Stacy, I'll be praying for you and your family. Stay strong okay? Hugs...

#371123 03/25/00 11:15 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Thank you all for the kind words and support. I am trying to hang in there. I know right now I just can't see him. It is too hard. I am praying and just trying to gain strength. I have no idea what to do from here. I don't know if there is any hope left for us. <P>So for now I am focusing on the kids and I.<P>schizzo: I was in the hospital because I just lost all control. My depression was so bad that I was having suicidal thoughts. That has past and I am now on meds.<P>I just would like prayer for God's will in my life and the strength to handle whatever comes my way.<P>Thank you all for being here for me on this.<P>Bless you all<P>Stacy<BR><P>------------------<BR>Jaded Heart<BR>____________<P> <A HREF="http://journeys.webprovider.com" TARGET=_blank>http://reflect.to/journeys</A> <P> <P>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 293 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation