Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#377294 04/26/00 12:07 AM
B
bethn Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Just found a website under H,s "favorites in AOL.<BR>Greeting cards "LOve and romance,LOving you."<P>H has never sent me a card.<P>How could he love this woman who he has only met phsically once?<BR>(H is having EA on internet)<P>Ow lives out of state,Iam so afraid she will move here.<P>When will my marriage get better,is there hope?beth

#377295 04/27/00 12:02 AM
G
G
Beth<P> There is always hope. The methods you'll find around here will work for you also. I think you will also see that the majority view an emotional affair just as bad on a marriage as a sexual if not worst. Many times someone will start coming here a total basket case depressed about what is going on in there life. With time you can rebuild you marriage to a much better state then it was before it all started. If you haven't done it yet look over the material on this web site.<P> A guy by the name of NSR will come along and give you some advice(he is on vacation till next week). He has been around here for a lot longer then I have. He refers people to the following web page<BR> <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum29/HTML/000002.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum29/HTML/000002.html</A> <P>Read it, learn the basics here IT DOES WORK. This road is long, hard and full of hurt but it does work.<P>Good Luck and keep posting<P>Joe<BR>

#377296 04/27/00 12:20 AM
S
S
bethn,<BR>I don't know if this helps you much, but if your H is anything like me finding such a favourite on the web-browser doesn't necessarily mean anything. Often I will just take a bookmark for a site thinking that it might come in handy one day. So even if you haven't received a card from him it doesn't necessarily mean that anyone else has received one either.<P>BTW: using the LOG-feature on Internet Explorer has come in handy now and then though ;-)<P>scandinavian

#377297 04/27/00 12:22 AM
L
LMS Offline
L
I just wanted to let you know your in my prayers and <B>NEVER NEVER</B> give up hope.<P>Lesa<P>------------------<BR>"It took me quite a while to realize that <B>the real deal</B> is to be able to be enough of a person on your own to know when somebody loves you and cares about you"<BR>----Stevie Ray Vaughan<P>"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and<BR> lean not unto thine own understanding." -Proverbs 3:5<BR>Take care and God Bless.<P> lms20ish@fidnet.com

#377298 04/27/00 12:26 AM
K
K Offline
K
bethn:<P>It's pretty easy to "fall in love" with someone over the internet. Does that love last?? No, not usually. But if you're unhappy in a marriage, the net is a great medium in which to put your best foot forward and be romanced by a bunch of other people doing the same thing.<P>My wife's affair started over the net. We lived over a thousand miles away---until I took a new job, that put us with a 100 miles of the OM. <P>Your best focus now would be to get "Surviving an Affair" and get into counseling with Steve Harley. He can help you improve your marriage, but you've got to be willing to do the work.

#377299 04/27/00 12:27 AM
B
B
LOG feature? How do you access. I've got to check that one out. Is it like a history?

#377300 04/27/00 12:40 AM
B
B
I wish I could give you some ideas. We went through a little internet EA too, but the methods of ending it were less than admirable.<P>The computer mysteriously had a little internet accident and didn't function correctly. At that point I would have been devious enough to not pay the bill and let the internet company cut off access, or even called and ended access myself. I was really lucky though because the computer didn't belong to either of us anyway. When our living situation changed the computer went bye bye. It was a calculated LB and I'm really lucky it worked out the way it did. <P>Attempt a POJA on internet use. Is he amennable to any kind of comprimise at all or is it his way or the highway?<P>I know early on in the EA before I really was convinced it was one, he was more willing to set up a no contact agreement. As the EA got more involved though the no contact thing became darned near impossible. He was verbal enough to tell me absolutely not, not in a million years, not even knowing it hurt me. <P>We took a little mini-vacation from the computer. He softened up a bit.<P>I'd love to see less LBish ways of reaching that little mini-vacation. Just don't have any ideas right now.<P>Anyway, I sympathize. There's a veteran here with a PA who could give you ideas on a more effective plan A. Maybe one where the OP stayed in the picture because of job obligations or something.

#377301 04/27/00 12:51 AM
B
bethn Offline OP
OP Offline
B
LOg feature on internet explorerer shows not only H has sent greeting cards also divorce source and divorce support he has visted also he is spying on MB site.

#377302 04/27/00 12:54 AM
B
bethn Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Found info on history in internet explorer.How can I get that off of there today I was in something I dont want him to see.

#377303 04/26/00 02:46 PM
B
B
ohhh goodness. Preferences. I think you can clear the history there.

#377304 04/26/00 03:12 PM
A
A
you can right click and delete just about anything.. but it will still go into your recycle bin...! good luck<P>AV

#377305 04/26/00 03:21 PM
B
B
Ok, I looked it up. Preferences is netscape. In internet explorer you would go to Internet options which is in one of the top menu bars. From there you would clear the history. Also clear the temporary files. I think that is internet explorer's equivalent of the Casche. Empty your trash.<P>Really though honesty is a good policy. If you want him to be honest with you then you have to be too, even when it is not pleasant.<P>

#377306 04/26/00 04:27 PM
L
L
Hi beth, <P>Hang in there. I don't have any computer advice, but want to let you know I'm thinking of you. Don't get too worried over the divorce sites, its so easy to look things up on a whim on the computer. <BR>Lora

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation