Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
I thought I'd post some references to funny pictures which can get your internet affair addicted spouses to think.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.olleysplace.connectfree.co.uk/cybersex.jpg" TARGET=_blank>http://www.olleysplace.connectfree.co.uk/cybersex.jpg</A> <BR> <A HREF="http://homepages.go.com/~nut8936/chatter.jpg" TARGET=_blank>http://homepages.go.com/~nut8936/chatter.jpg</A> <P>Maybe you can use it as background picture on computer ;-)<P>scandinavian

H
H
Hi Scandinavian,<P>I posted to you a few days ago but not sure if you read it. I enjoyed the cartoons, but, in my case, the woman is flesh and blood. I know because I introduced her to my H and knew they would "get along" as they have a few similar interests (silly me?)<P>Anyway, I had asked if there is any way that I can go in and see what is said when they IM afterwards?

T
T
Made me laugh! I will always remember those BEAUTIFUL people when I'm chatting with someone I have NEVER MET. Then maybe I will never be tempted to take them too seriously!!!

H
H
Thank you for those, I think I'll save them for a while. If I get mad enough I'll e-mail them to my husband. Have to be careful about those love-busters though.

T
T
Hannah,<BR>You asked the question:<BR>"Anyway, I had asked if there is any way that I can go in and see what is said when they IM afterwards?" <BR>What do you mean by IM afterwards?

S
OP Offline
S
Hannah,<BR>If IM is Internet Mail I guess the ways to see what has been sent is either to check OUTBOX, SENT ITEMS folder or maybe even TRASH. Another option is to install a keystroke detection tool on the PC (get one from <A HREF="http://www.tucows.com" TARGET=_blank>www.tucows.com</A> under PARENTAL CONTROL).<P>scandinavian

H
H
Thanks, y'all, but, no... IM stands for Instant Messaging via ICQ. Sorry, I should have said that up front. As for tucows, I think H already has it loaded somewhere and that is how he knows I was snooping.. I think... Is there any way for me to check/ I wish I was more literate with these darn PC's....but even if you don't have any suggestions beyond what you've said, THANKS for trying.. really ...

H
H
Hi newbie, I did not write that question correctly anyway.. What I meant was "After they have instant messaged together, is there any way or anyplace that I can search to see what was actually said? I think I am barking up the wrong tree but I know my tolerance for brutal truth and frankly, I'd rather know what is being said even if the marriage is over because I am the type that will possibly imagine a lot worse than it is/was. He once told me that they just talk about stupid stuff like "Ouch, I stubbed my toe today." I find it really hard to belive that this level of conversation is what made him give up on the marriage, risk it all & start moving the computer into his bedroom on his days off. I mean, I know we had problems but I was not the ice queen. So, I suspect, there conversations are a tad deeper than this and I am (perversely perhaps) curious as to what the content is.<P>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have written on another thread that I am considering leaving but even if I do, I think that having this info would help me in my future life..

S
S
Hannah,<BR>I found out about my Fiance's EA by using a logger. They communicated via IRC, not IM. If you don't want to use a logger, you can set the preferences in IM to save log files of everything. Of course he could always go in and change it back and you do need his password to do this. Hope this helps. I can really appreciate your need to know what's going on!

B
B
He probably knew you were snooping from the access time. Every time you open and do an operation in most software it records a last accessed time that can be examined from the properties (left click on the mouse of the software program icon) of that program. <P>(Boy end of the school year and my english goes already...)

D
D
Sad to say, Hannah, but I know the answer to your question. You can get software which runs invisably. You enter a series of keys to reteive information. It will show every site, every keystroke, including passwords.It is available from winroot.com (guardian series),for a fee, or free from Netscape. <BR>My internet service provides a chat log, which you can activate.Of course, he could unactivate that feature.The guardian series is available on trial basis, so you can see how it operates, but you must purchase it,or<BR>it shows window every 20 seconds.<BR>Of course, both are only good if you can keep<BR>quiet about having it.<BR>Good luck

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 597 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation