Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#380411 05/15/00 02:12 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Ok. Time for the latest rant.<P>Doesn't anyone value marriage anymore?<P>I talked to Larri. She said she is taking OM to her sister's wedding this weekend. It would be too uncomfortable to "uninvite" him. She doesn't want to hurt his feelings! God forbid that she should hurt his feelings!<P>Now both her sister and her mother say that they will support her 100% in any decision she makes to bring whomever she wants to the wedding. I see. It is OK that your daughter and sister bring a man who you have never met to a celebration of marriage, knowing that your daughter and sister walked out on her family for this guy. And while she is still married.<P>Sometimes I really wonder where this world is headed.

#380412 05/15/00 03:03 PM
B
B
Sounds like blood is thicker than water...so thick that it's made them thick in the head. I'm so sorry for your pain.

#380413 05/15/00 03:16 PM
B
B
Just because they support doesn't mean they agree. They are probably going to be just as disappointed, uncomfortable etc... as you expect them to be.

#380414 05/15/00 07:02 PM
S
S
Hi Grandpabri -<P>It is sad that they are allowing such an example to be shown.....but, I have a thought I would like for you to ponder.<P>Do you think that it is preferable to them to have her leaving her current life for what may be deemed more "acceptable" and/or "normal"? Do you think that they don't like her living with her husband, children and ANOTHER WOMAN in her "family"?<P>Just some food for thought...they could be saying your first and last lines about "marriage" and the "world" about you!!!<P>What do you think? Does it fit? <P>Hugs, <P>Sheba

#380415 05/15/00 08:32 PM
G
G
Y'know Sheba, as I was posting I figured that someone would call me on that.<P>I don't think that her family has thought much about that. They tend to want to keep up appearances. Don't rock the boat and all that.<P>I know that they are not in favor of our "family" as it was constituted. And I am sure that Larri has made me look like the bad guy here. At least that is what I hear.<P>Nevertheless, I was devoted to my family. Everyone that is there knows us as a couple. Now she will show up with some guy that the mother and sister have never met, let alone anyone else.<P>BTW, I have written a goodbye letter that I will give her tonight after she gets off work. I can't deal with this anymore.

#380416 05/15/00 09:17 PM
H
H
Hey, GP!<P>I'm sorry that the wedding went this way. I know you really wanted to go with Larri for a whole host of reasons.<P>Does your last post mean that you have made up your mind about what family you want to have five years from now?<P>Do you need anyone to give you a few more "hands" to consider? I have a few to spare... <g><P>Good luck to you, GP. I know you'll make the best decision for you. --HBC

#380417 05/15/00 09:32 PM
M
M
I guess I'm a little behind here. I sort of know your story, but....who are you giving that letter to? I'm sorry for asking....as I am sure you explained that in a previous post...but humor me...please.<P>Nancy

#380418 05/15/00 09:32 PM
S
S
Hi Grandpabri -<P>What do you mean "goodbye letter"?<P>Cuz she won't take you to the wedding? <BR>That's enough to make you quit?<P>She has told you some things along the way in this mess....why are you ignoring them and making it have to be your way or no way? <P>Take a very close look at your motivations Gramps.....there is something keeping this marriage from being on a level playing field and I don't think that the OM is the root cause.....<P>Just think a bit....<P>Hugs,<P>Sheba<BR>

#380419 05/15/00 10:27 PM
N
N
Just want you to know that I read your thread and that I'm sorry for your pain....

#380420 05/15/00 11:15 PM
G
G
Thanks for all of your thoughts.<P>HBC: I'll take all of the hands offered. Yeah, I have made the decision as to what family I want five years from now. I cannot go on with Larri any longer. For the reasons you all have heard, and many that you have not.<P>Sheba: Yeah, a goodbye letter. This is what she wants. I can no longer protect her from herself. What she thinks is her happiness is more important than anything else, including her children. And I have to protect my family from her.<P>What things has she said through this that make you think that she wants it any differently? I would be interested to hear what you see that I don't.<P>Nancy: No, I didn't explain it in a previous post. I can't go on with Larri. I have decided that it is inevitable that we will divorce. There is no way she sees anything differently.<P>NoTrust: Thanks.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 672 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation