Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
I have never really paid much attention to the lyrics of popular songs, but after D-day I'm constantly irritated at my new interest in really listening to what is being sung in those slow going pop-songs. The reason? Well, they're all making me miserable, because all they ever sing about is lost love, betrayal etc. etc. Can't they ever sing about something else even if it's songs with slow rhythm???<P>Here's what I don't want to hear:<P>R Kelly - If I could turn back the hands of time (If I could turn back the hands of time you'd still be mine)<P>Westlife - Fool again (Can't believe that I'm the fool again, I thought this love would never end, how was I to know? You never told me)<P>Backstreet boys - Show me the meaning of being lonely<P>The list is endless, and feel free to add more.<P>Why can't they just stop using these miserable lyrics and sing about something nice even if the rhythm is slow?<P>I guess there's a reason why they call them love songs, but do they really need to be that sad?<P>scandinavian

T
T
Scandanavian, I've been listening to lyrics lately (used to like the music more), and find them VERY depressing too. I think it's just music in general though...I listen to alternative/progressive/etc., but I've heard the same motif in certain folk, classic/hard rock, country and bluegrass (ESPECIALLY!), reggae, etc. lyrics....<P> Probably the best way to get away from it is to turn off your radio (...or listen to a classical station or any other type of music with no lyrics!...)<P> Could be worse... i.e., we COULD be complaining about television [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>theo

S
S
Dear friend: With all my mental ailments, one of the steps I have taken to help me keep focused and mentally up is not listening to the so called "easy listening" music. It's almost getting as bad as country music.<P>I think Whitney Houston has an old song that alludes to her relationship with a married man despite knowing it's wrong. <P>I won't listen to love songs, break-up songs, complaint rock, complaint rap, country cry in your beer stuff if I can avoid them. <P>I try and listen to upbeat songs or listen to my own renditions via cd(s) or tapes. I have even listen to kiddie songs like "Toy Story" or "Nightmare before Christmas". <P>Listening to sad songs is like adding salt to an already infected wound. And...we don't need that.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation