Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#382645 05/30/00 11:51 AM
G
Goober Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Before even getting my plan B letter done, I'm being served seperation papers on Thursday. She's going with a one year seperation instead of an immediate divorce that would come from admitting to infidelity. You see in my state you can only divorce for three reasons, Infidelity, Abuse or legal seperation.<P>We had a difficult weekend because I was at home and I think it broke the routine of him coming over to boink my wife. I don't know what to think anymore. I just don't want to be involved with my wife anymore. She is so addicted right now that she can't see the damage that will be caused with the kids or to me, like she cares.<P>I do still feel bad for her though, her world will come crashing to an end and no one will be around to help pick the pieces.<P>I'll stand up for the kids sake but as for me, I'm looking forward to starting my life again. I'm in mid 30's and looking for a fresh start. Now I think I will head to the divorcing section or maybe the MB dating service..... just kidding<P>I want to thank everybody here for the support and wonderful advice. I'm sure I will still be around as this is going to be the most difficult year of my life and will need all the support I can get.<P>I just don't care anymore.

#382646 05/30/00 11:58 AM
N
NSR Offline
N
Hey Goober,<P>It doesn't stop...<BR>...send her the Plan B letter...<P>...and grow through Plan B!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

#382647 05/30/00 11:58 AM
T
TMD Offline
T
Why don't you countersue for divorce on the grounds of adultery? What are the terms of the separation as far a custody etc? Are you being treated fairly? Hopefully you have a good attorney

#382648 05/31/00 12:42 AM
G
Goober Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks Jim, I will give her the letter anyway. I read your post on the divorcing section. Sorry to hear about your situation. It is obvious you are a good person and like myself, we will survive and grow stronger personally to be the best role model for our children. I will continue to pray for you.<P>I will be fighting based on infidelity if the lawyer thinks its a good move. I haven't seen the papers yet, I get them on Thursday. In the meantime, I have a couple of apppointments set up to get legal advice. <P>This is going to be a long, drawnout expensive year. I'm glad I spent so much time and effort in settin our family up for financial security only to hand over everything to lawyers bills.

#382649 05/31/00 12:54 AM
C
cl Offline
C
HI Goober,<BR>I am sorry to hear abt your rough weekend.<BR>Being served separation papers is not the end of the marriage. Legal counsel is imperative to protect the kids, but maybe you are hearing your wife waffling? <BR>I am not familar with your story (not in the sunglasses and I have been away for awhile), but lots of people here have been served 'papers' and have either reconciled or are making steps toward recovery.<BR>I would suggest the plan b letter, and then stick to the plan as much as possible. <BR>(((((hugs)))) cl

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation