Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#383172 06/01/00 05:51 PM
T
OP Offline
T
<B>LOVE</B> - When your eyes meet across a crowded room.<BR><B>LUST</B>- When your tongues meet across a crowded room.<BR><B>MARRIAGE</B> - When you try to lose your spouse in a crowded room.<P><B>LOVE</B>- When intercourse is called "making love."<BR><B>LUST</B>- When intercourse is called "screwing."<BR><B>MARRIAGE</B>- When Intercourse is a town in Pennsylvania.<P><B>LOVE</B>- When you share everything you own.<BR><B>LUST</B>- When you steal everything they own.<BR><B>MARRIAGE</B>- When the bank owns everything you have.<P><B>LOVE</B>- When it doesn't matter if you don't climax.<BR><B>LUST</B>- When the relationship is over if you don't climax.<BR><B>MARRIAGE</B>- When ... uh ... what's a climax?<P><B>LOVE</B>- When you phone each other just to say, "Hi."<BR><B>LUST</B>- When you phone each other to pick a hotel room.<BR><B>MARRIAGE</B>- When you phone each other to gripe about work.<P><B>LOVE</B>- When you write poems about your partner.<BR><B>LUST</B>- When all you write is your phone number.<BR><B>MARRIAGE</B>- When all you write are checks.<P><B>LOVE</B>- When your only concern is for your partner's feelings.<BR><B>LUST</B>- When your only concern is to find a room with mirrors all around.<BR><B>MARRIAGE</B>- When you're only concerned as to what's on TV.<P><B>LOVE</B>- When you are proud to be seen in public with your partner.<BR><B>LUST</B>- When you only see each other naked.<BR><B>MARRIAGE</B>- When you never see each other awake.<P><B>LOVE</B>- When your heart flutters every time you see them.<BR><B>LUST</B>- When your groin twitches every time you see them<BR><B>MARRIAGE</B>- When your wallet empties every time you see them.<P><B>LOVE</B>- When all the songs on the radio describe exactly how you feel.<BR><B>LUST</B>- When the song on the radio determines how you do it.<BR><B>MARRIAGE</B>- When you listen to talk radio.<P><B>LOVE</B>- When breaking up is something you try not to think about.<BR><B>LUST</B>- When staying together is something you try not to think about.<BR><B>MARRIAGE</B>- When just getting through the day is your only thought.<P><B>LOVE</B>- When you're only interested in doing things with your partner.<BR><B>LUST</B>- When you're only interested in doing things TO your partner.<BR><B>MARRIAGE</B>- When you're only interested in your golf score.<P><B>LOVE</B>- When a rainy day means more time to stay inside and talk.<BR><B>LUST</B>- When a rainy day means more time to stay inside and have sex.<BR><B>MARRIAGE</B>- When a rainy day means it's time to clean the basement.<P><B>LOVE</B>- You only leave the house to buy coffee and doughnuts.<BR><B>LUST</B>- You only leave the house to buy condoms and tequila.<BR><B>MARRIAGE</B>- You only leave the house when you're allowed.

#383173 06/01/00 06:06 PM
D
D
I am so weary of 'humour' that disparages marriage.

#383174 06/01/00 06:37 PM
C
cl Offline
C
Dear Alex, this is not a nice post!<BR>Hope you are doing well. cl<BR>

#383175 06/01/00 06:46 PM
T
OP Offline
T
<B>dragantraces, cl:</B><P>Hi, sorry that this post bothers you.<P>You are missing the subtle meaning of this "humor" that doesn't disparage marriage, but rather exposes some of the attitudes that have put many people (I, above all), in a position where first, one of the spouses cheats on the other one (in my case, the W), and later that the marriage comes to an end.<P>It's not a nice position, but if we don't put some humor in our disgrace we may become miserable.<P>Alex<P>------------------<BR><B>Live fully and always learn</B>

#383176 06/01/00 06:56 PM
C
cl Offline
C
okay alex....I guess I find it bothersome. I will lighten up, as long as you do! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>How are you and your daughter doing? You ignored that part in your response!

#383177 06/01/00 07:41 PM
W
W
This Alex,<P>Hey,thanks.......I loved it!<P>What a riot!... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Take it easy!<P>Gina<P>

#383178 06/01/00 08:01 PM
H
H
Hi Alex,<P>How's it going?<P>I liked the post, guess I've been married long enough to see the humour.<P>Take care.

#383179 06/01/00 10:45 PM
711 Offline
I thought it was pretty funny. I needed a joke right now.<P>

#383180 06/02/00 07:12 AM
T
T
I thought it was a riot!

#383181 06/02/00 08:00 AM
P
P
ThisAlex,<BR>I thought it was indicative of the pathetic mindset society thinks is the truth. I understand where it is coming from. It just shows that SOCIETY has it ALL WRONG. <P>We need to get back to God's truth and not the delusions of OUR feeble little minds.<P>------------------<BR><B><I>God Bless,<BR>Rob</I></B><BR> regilmor@swbell.net

#383182 06/02/00 09:16 AM
F
F A Offline
F
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B><P>"I am so weary of 'humour' that disparages marriage."<P>"I thought it was indicative of the pathetic mindset society thinks is the truth. I understand where it is coming from. It just shows that SOCIETY has it ALL WRONG. <P>We need to get back to God's truth and not the delusions of OUR feeble little minds."<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>You guys need to lighten up, sometimes humor is just the thing that is needed during painful times. I could be wrong, but I'm sure God doesn't have a problem with a joke every now and then. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>

#383183 06/03/00 07:49 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Hi guys, [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P><B>cl, hanora</B>,<P>Sorry that I didn't answer sooner, I've been pretty busy working, doing my chores in the 2 associations that I belong to, attending a real estate specialization course every Saturday, having fun with my daughter and... partying <B>yes!</B>. I even partied with the wife last night and the night before. No... not trying anything, just being "friends" (<B>ugh!!</B>); some of the other parties have been business engagements (hey, I gotta do what I gotta do!) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>My daughter is a riot and is fine. Thanx for asking, Hanora. Right now she is upstairs with 2 little friends who may stay over tonight (at least one is). I am glad you liked the post. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P><B>711</B>(do you work there or do you have a store?)<B>TruthSeeker, Gina, F A</B>,<P>I guess we are in the same channel; the way I see it laughing about someone else's disgrace is insulting, but finding humor in our own problems helps us to find the brightest side of ourselves.<P><B>Rob</B>,<P>We disagree on this one. I don’t believe my mind is in any way feeble by allowing me to smile or even laugh at my problems or any situation. I don't think that revolving over and over the same issue can make me stronger, rather it would be comparable to consistently rub a physical wound: it would never heal.<P>There is not a single person who can know God in all His Magnitude; we may try to understand Him and live up to what <B>we</B> believe is the truth, but THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH (God Himself) is out of our reach... that's why there are so many religions.<P><B>Ultimately, it was just a joke!!</B> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Alex<P>------------------<BR><B>Live fully and always learn</B><p>[This message has been edited by ThisAlex (edited June 03, 2000).]

#383184 06/04/00 04:14 PM
P
P
Alex,<BR>I understand it was a joke. God has gifted me with being able to relate to these things more than in the past. I just don't always say or write the other thoughts that would make that very clear.<P>We really are on the same page. I am not saying that I know God well enough to know the truth. I am saying that I chose to let Jesus be the Lord of my life which means that His truth is spoken from Him through be as He has said that it is to be if we truly love Him. It is not being a doormat. It is putting our complete trust in Him to do the right thing because we are incapable of understanding all that He is. We get closer to that understanding from Jesus living His life through us. I am sure I have confused you with what I have said. <P>I know this is the case because as Jesus lives His life through me, I realize why Paul said that he was a wretched man: he did those things he does not want to do and the things that he wanted to do he does not do. The more Jesus lives His life through me the more I feel like Paul. Don't have the exact scripture for what I just said but I am beginning to understand and relate more closely to it with each new day.<P>I can speak for myself about the feebleness. I once thought I was better than average when it came to intelligence. But as Jesus lives His life through me, I realize how truly feeble I am because He shows me new exciting things that exceed my wildest dreams. I have been called really intelligent by others. Yet, I know that what they see is not me but Jesus speakng to them. I am like the loud speaker which His voice comes through. His thoughts are coming through. When I am in error then I know it is my thoughts that are ruling the moment.<P>When I am no longer burdened with imperfect flesh, then I know my thoughts will be pure and right because there will be no imperfection in me. This won't occur until after judgement day has come and gone.<P>------------------<BR><B><I>God Bless,<BR>Rob</I></B><BR> regilmor@swbell.net <p>[This message has been edited by professorg (edited June 04, 2000).]

#383185 06/20/00 09:38 AM
C
C
I found this late and I like it. I have been divorced long enough to see some humor, truth, and sadness in it.<P>You need some humor to survive.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 883 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation