Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#384334 06/08/00 10:09 PM
C
CDA 72 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
well.. he promised me to go with me to the attorney, and the police.. regarding the harassment. guess what... he avoided.<P>mr conflict avoider himself. well i told him, that's it. after 2 years of this. <P>i said, i'm going away, and when i get back you either make up your mind about what is important to you. Protecting your wife, or protecting your lover. I give up. If he hasnt made a decision by the time i come back, i'm leaving. <P>CDA

#384335 06/09/00 01:20 AM
B
B
CDA:<P>Well, he didn't really lie, he just wants to avoid having to do anything that will upset either one of you. Since he knows the OW better then you do, maybe you should follow his lead on this. The few times I have tried to restrict my husband's OW she has considered it a challenge and tripled her efforts to annoy me. And he made absolutely no effort to stop her....just said he couldn't do anything with her.<P>I'm afraid the legal remedies you have available may not be adequate to bring you any real relief. In some states you can have OW arrested for harrassment...but usually that has to be some type of physical harrassment. Any remedy for phone calls and e-mail would be a token jesture...and not particularily enforceable. In the realm of police work this type of thing is low priority. <P>The one thing your H could do is to make former OW understand "It is over" and "I don't want to be involved with you again." Because he is an avoider, perhaps he has not made that clear to her and she thinks that you are the reason he has not come back to her.<P>If you husband really wants the marriage to work, then you have to make him understand that you must have closure and that he has to do it...you can't do it for him.<P>Hang in there and we'll pray that your H can decide what's really important to him.<P><BR>Buffy <BR> <P> <P>

#384336 06/09/00 06:14 AM
C
CDA 72 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Buffy,<P>I'm pressed for time right now. Have to do the obligatory job thing.<P>I understand everything you are saying. I've had this trouble before. I've tried to stop her legally myself, but since i "never had any time of relationship, live in or otherwise" i can't do anything about her harrasing me. I need him to actually do it, in order to PROTECT me. She has physically tried to hurt me on more than one occasion.<P>Anyhoo.. thanks for the reply. I'll try to give an update after work.<P>Have a nice day all!<P>CDA

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 295 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation