Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Believe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
<B>My Friend...........</B><P>When things were confusing I would discuss my feelings w/you until they made sense.<P>When something good happened, you were the first person that I could share my <BR>happiness with.<P>When I didn’t know what to do in a situation I would ask your opinion and weigh it heavily w/mine. <P>When I had a problem I would ask for your help,bc your are so wise. <BR>You have such a positive outlook on life.<P>When I was lonely I could talk to you, and than not feel so alone. Your words were always encouraging.<P>When I wanted to talk w/someone it would be you, bc you seem to have such a great understanding of me. <P>When I wanted the truth, I could talk to you <BR>knowing that you are so honest.<P>There is not a day that goes by that I do not think of you. I think of happiness <BR>and laughter and how lucky I am<BR>to have known you.<P>I do miss my friend.<BR>

K
K
Believe...<BR> Hang in there. You remain in my prayers thru this hard time...<BR>Kathi

C
C
Hmmm?!? Pining away about how great it was to be in love with a married man is NOT the best way to get over it.<P>Seems all you have done on this website is agree with everything everyone has said, but do not seem to have tried to actually do anything about it.<P>So exactly why are you here? Is there something you actually need help with?<P>p.s. If you see my wife around anywhere with her boyfriend, tell her she can see her kids if she wants. After all it has been over a year now.<P>------------------<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<BR>For relationship info check out <A HREF="http://www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html" TARGET=_blank>Marriage & Relationship Resources</A>

T
T
As I see you struggle I wanted to share this passage from the meditations of ANthony de Mello.<P>Be Awake<P>Blessed are those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes--luke 12:37<P>"Everywhere in the world, people are in search of love, for everyone is convinced that love alone can save the world....but how few understand what love really is. It is frequently equated with good feelings towards others with benevolence or nonviolence or service. But these things in themselves are not love. <P>Love springs from awareness.It is only inasmuch as you see someone as he or she really is here and now and not as they are in your memory or your desire or in your imagination or projection that you can truly love them, otherwise it is not the person that you love but the idea that you have formed of this person, or this person as the object of your desire not as he or she is in themselves.<P>THerefore, the first act of love is to see this person or object, this reality as it truly is. It involves dropping your desires, your prejedices, your selective way of looking. When you set out to serve someone whom you have not taken the trouble to see, are you meeting that person's need or your own. <P>The other important ingredient is to see your motives, your needs, your dishonesty, your self-seeking, your tendency to control and manipulate. If you achieve this kind of awareness of the other and yourself, you will know what love is."

B
Believe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
<B>Kathi,</B><P>Thank you! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>I do appreciate it.<P><B>Tootrusting,</B><P>Thank you so much.......that is really beautiful,and that is exactly what I needed to hear/read,to keep me focused on doing what is right and to continue in the right direction.<P>You have made my Week!.......<P>I wish that there were more of you on this board!<P>Thank you! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>

S
S
Hi Believe -<P>I am just popping in to ask Tootrusting if she would make a thread for that Passage.....<P>So, will you Tootrusting? <P>It is wonderful and I think it would benefit many here....could be a great addition to the notables that NSR puts together!!!!!<P>Thanks if you would be so kind.<P>Also, I am glad that it helped you Believe!!!! <P>Hugs,<P>Sheba

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 240 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation