Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
There is a country song out that I would like to know the name of the actual song and who sings it. Some of the words are: are you just going to live with the love you have or are you going to have the love you can't live without. To me that gives me a lot to think about and says alot! I don't know if this really pertains to this forum but when I think of my kids I want them to have a love they can't live with out, that adds such beauty to their lives and not just live with something that they already have. Does this make sense?

M
M
Lemme think about this... i think it is a new one?<BR>give me a day.<P>I agree.. kids are so special and they need such a steady constant special love only parents can give.<P>mercy

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Mercy, I appreciate it. Why is it we want the absolute best for our kids but sometimes for ourselves we will just settle? Sheila <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mercy:<BR><B>Lemme think about this... i think it is a new one?<BR>give me a day.<P>I agree.. kids are so special and they need such a steady constant special love only parents can give.<P>mercy</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

W
W
Here are your lyrics:<P><BR>Love She Can't Live Without (Clint Black)<P>He gives her attention, he's constantly, carefully planting the seeds<BR>The only thing missing, is really the only thing she needs<BR>And he can't give that to her and she can't find it with him<BR>So she'll have to find her way out of love she's not really inChorus:<BR>She can live with what goes with leavingShe knows it's the only way<BR>Though it kills her to give up believin'She can't live with herself if she stays<BR>She could settle for what she'd be feelingIf she gave in and worked this one out<BR>She doesn't want the kind of love she can live with<BR>She wants the kind of love she can't live without<BR>She looks in the mirror and sees all the sadness in her eyes<BR>It's never been clearer what he's asking her to sacrifice<BR>But she can't be his forever, she can't even be his for now<BR>She'll have to be kind to them both and let go of him somehowRepeat Chorus<BR>And hardest part is she loves him<BR>But she doesn't want the kind of love she can live with<BR>She wants the kind of love she can't live without

M
M
Yep, Wrong1, I think that's the song she was talking about. That's exactly the song I was thinking of when I read this thread.<P>That song's a killer for confused WS's. It can confuse someone so much. That is one thing I struggled w/for a long time. Songs like that just confused me more. I heard that song and wanted to analyze it. But, I can't do that anymore. <P>I've come to <B>truly believe</B> that my H is the only one for me and the one that I cannot live w/out. Like SKM said, I would be sad/upset if XOM died. But I would be TOTALLY devasted if my H died. I truly do not want to live my life w/out him. I love him more than I ever have before, and that's what counts now. <P>So, songs like that, I just have to take w/a grain of salt. I have felt like that in the past, I <B>did</B> feel exactly like that in the past. But that's exactly where it is now, in the past.<P>Sheila, that may not have been the song you were talking about, but thought I'd throw my 2 cents in!

Y
Y
The words to that song made me cry...must be PMSing...I heard another song a couple of weeks ago...that tore me up. Bonnie Raitt's "I Can't Make You Love Me" I'll share it with you:<P>Turn down the bed,<BR>Turn down the lights,<BR>Turn down these voices inside my head<BR>Lay down with me, tell me no lies<BR>Just hold me close, don't patronize<BR>Don't patronize me<BR>Cause I can't make you love me if you don't<BR>You can't make you heart feel something it won't<BR>Here in the dark, in these final hours,<BR>I will lay down my heart and I'll feel the power<BR>But you won't, no you won't<BR>Cause I can't make you love me if you don't<BR>I'll close my eye, then I won't see<BR>The love you don't feel when you're holding me<BR>Morning will come and I'll do what's right<BR>Just give me til then to give up this fight<BR>And I will give up this fight<BR>Cause I can't make you love me if you don't<BR>You can't make your heart feel something it won't<BR>Here in the dark in these final hours<BR>I will lay down my heart and I'll feel the power, But you won't no you won't<BR>Cause I can't make you love me if you don't<P>This song breaks my heart even more. It's exactly how I feel.<BR>

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks everyone. I am going out to get that cd(my kids laugh because I still always want to say album). I also have Bonnie Riatts CD. It is nice to know that I am not the only one that really listens to the words. I think that is why I have really begun to listen to country, but wonder if the guys singing the songs are just singing the words or feel them in the heart. Maybe we all need a good ole country boy. I also cry to them if I am alone in the car. Thanks so much!!!!!

F
F
A good cpountry song about a remorseful spouse who takes off and then misses his family is "Ordinary Life". I'm not sure who the artist is.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 118 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation