Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#396959 08/29/00 09:28 AM
L
Lora Offline OP
OP Offline
L
My H is planing on moving out soon for a trial seperation. I think he is seeing it as a way to let me down easy and get out of here, but I know it does not mean it is nessesarily over.<P>My question is about how much to talk to him about things at the house. He is planing on me keeping the house. He has several projects going that will not be finished. I can't do them and to hire them out will be several thousand dollars.<P>Do you suggest I mention them and ask what he wants to do about it? Or let it slide and say nothing or ask if he wants me to hire them out and ask if he would slit the cost, or suggest we take it off the equity of the house in the future? I can see it leading to a fight, and am reluctant. But they sort of need to be done this fall .<P>Any suggestions on how to handle this?<BR>Lora

T
T
That's a really good question. I have had to ask similar things of my H. He has no interest in the house. Seems he disconnected from that as well.<P>I am currently getting half of his monthly salary, which does pay the bills and then some. Howver, I pay a lot of expenses that i would not do in any other circumstance. It is a big house and a big yard. I pay someone to cut the grass and take care of some of the outside work. <P>I needed to have extensive tree and bush care, due to lots of insects.... I just paid for it. Other things too, I just ended up paying for it, because I didn't want to ask. It's kind of like I am a guest.<P>So, I am putting the house on the market and going to move to a place that I can take care of better and utilize my $$$ better.<P>Still I have to repair a window and a few other things...and he will still get half the equity. I just don't feel like dealing with him about it. <P>As for answering your question, which I didn't...sorry....I got lost thinking about this house.<P>I guess I would try to talk to him about the repairs that have been ongoing and come up with a plan. I think it is fair to split them 50/50 because he will get half the equity.<P>Do you currently have a legal arrangement??? I would thing that is the type of thing that should be in writing if you are staying in the house. <P>I hope this helped....

I
I
I too have a large house and yard to take care of. The house is 8 yrs old (we designed and built it. I have a br to finish, porch railing that needs sanded and painted, stuff to get rid of and move, yard work. I have been asking the friends that are supporting me to help so far. I have been getting something done once every week so far but it this is only the 4th week. I will have to look into paying someone as well eventually.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 119 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation