Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
OP Offline
G
Earlier this year I found out that my H had a fling w/someone he met on the net. He met her 4 times, and it was all sexual. I found pictures. We've stuggled through, but....now someone has come into our life who I'm very attracted to. I know better, but he just seems to know how to say the right things. My h has never been able to turn me on with words, something I've always liked!<P>This guy is helping him do some work in the house, and he called last night (while he knew my h was at worked, and said that "it's your secret admirer").<P>After what I've found out about my h, and his strange needs, I've often considered whether I wanted to stay or not. Lately it's been really good between us, but I wonder if it's because "things seem back to normal".<P>I know attractions throughout life are normal, but I've been very faithful and have avoided these situations where now I want the attention.<P>He has a little one the same age as my child, and I wonder if we'd make a good fit.<P>WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME...???

Y
Y
Dragonfly,<P>Nothing's wrong with you. You're human. You're hurting. It feels good to feel attractive to <I>someone</I>. The problem is that someone needs to be your H.<P>If you follow the policy of honesty, you need to tell your H about your attraction and obtain his assistance in helping you fight it. If you keep it secret, that will only feed the affair-monster.<P>I realize that telling your H you're attracted to another man is not exactly easy, nor is it a desirable thing to do. However, would you rather tell him now and try to work with him to avoid situations where you'd be tempted? Or, would you rather wait, have an affair, feel horribly guilty, and put him through what he's put you through?<P>You know what the right thing to do is. It may not always be the <I>easy</I> thing, or the fun thing. But, it's the <B>right</B> thing.<P>Hope I've helped. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>/// Lone Star * ///<P>

G
OP Offline
G
Lonestar,<P>I know your right. I knew the answer when I asked the question, but it is nice to have someone who is attracted to me.<P>Luckily I've pulled myself together, and stopped thinking about the thrill. I had a long talk with myself, and went through all of the heartache I know it causes.<P>I know that thru life I'll always run across men who have qualities I find attractive that my h may not have (not necessarily a bad thing), but I also know that I'm happy with the man I have! Why else would his affair bothered me?!<P>I realize too that this other man would have characteristics that I may not necessarily like, and Lord knows I don't want to have to get used to someone all over again!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Both my H and I agree about that last comment!!<P>The only thing that I haven't done is tell my h that I'm attracted to this man! I don't know if I should now or not! I may!<P>Thanks Lonestar!<P>Dragonfly

T
TCL Offline
T
Yes, you have definitely been affected by your husbands affair this way. You are very vulnerable to having an affair now because of your raw emotions. Since my wife's infidelity I have been more aware of other women and their availability. I have not acted on these feelings and in fact have intentionally stayed away from private contact with some women friends because of my feelings. I will not do what my wife has done. <P>Create a distance and stay away from this OM. Tell your husband about your attraction/feelings to the OM and that you want to be true to him. This guy is obviously out to get you. He calls when he knows your husband is gone and flirts with you. He knows you are married and yet is trying to interfere with your relationship with your husband. This is not a person you can trust. Please do what you know is right. Good luck.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 341 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation