Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lucks:<BR><B>John--<P>What are these frailties of OW's that you mention?<P>Laura</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>OW suffers from being constantly underweight (not Anorexic, in that her body image isn't inappropriate). That causes quite a bit of pain, now and then.<P>And to Alexys:<P>To learn things that would help me build better relationships, now and in the future, with whomever I might meet. My BS, My OW, or someone else.<P>For the information and different point of view. <P>To learn about the help I can get and how I might go about rebuilding my life at some future date.<P>BTW, OW says I have her ENs all wrong. So I'll be finding out what those are. Who knows, maybe that will teach me that this A is not a good thing going forward.<P>Peace<BR>

B
B
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seattle_john:<BR><B>...I'm still addicted. I'll stay addicted awhile longer...<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That's right! It's up to you to make better choices in order to reap better consequences. Just remember lust is insatiable. It can never be satisfied, so you might as well not even try! It's a trap!<P>Sexual addiction is a spirit that can take advantage of vulnerable children! Please protect your daughter, be the spiritual head of the house that God called you to be, and get some help for your addiction! You are right, what you are doing is NOT normal!<P>If you don't decide to get counseling and try to work on your marriage exclusively, then why not read this letter to Dr. Harley called, <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi5032c_qa.html" TARGET=_blank>Unfaithful Husband #3</A>.<P>OH and BTW, urethritis is an inflammation of the urethra caused by a sexually transmitted disease (STD). There are two types of urethritis, gonococcal urethritis (GCU) caused by Ngisseria gonorrhoeae or gonorrhea, and non-gonococcal urethritis (NGU) caused mainly by two types of Chlamydia, chlamydia trachomatis or chlamydia psittaci. (!!!)

S
OP Offline
S
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BINthereDUNthat:<BR><B> OH and BTW, urethritis is an inflammation of the urethra caused by a sexually transmitted disease (STD). There are two types of urethritis, gonococcal urethritis (GCU) caused by Ngisseria gonorrhoeae or gonorrhea, and non-gonococcal urethritis (NGU) caused mainly by two types of Chlamydia, chlamydia trachomatis or chlamydia psittaci. (!!!)</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Two things: one is that isn't my understanding of the only reason for such inflamation. I've heard of this problem from multiple sources relating to intercourse after a long absence. I believe they used to call it honeymoonitis.<P>Secondly, my wife suffered from this long before I met her. It is believed, strongly but unproveably, that my wife infected me with clamydia contracted from before we met. Finally, OW does not suffer from same.<BR>

B
B
Well, that's a relief. Take care of yourself, please! My prayers are with you and with your wife and child & OW.

D
D
Ah, so you believe your wife, the one you really didn't want to marry, infected you with Chlamydia. Sounds like part of your motivation with this OW is to get back at her for that. I think you feel trapped into your marriage, and your A with OW is motivated not by "love" for OW but rage at your W.<P>I think you need to get in touch with that rage before you can make any kind of decision.

R
R
This post has made me unbelievably sad.<BR>Please do not doom a 47 year old woman to spending the rest of her life with a man who, with calendar regularity, betrays her.<BR>Please leave so your wife has a chance at having a monogamous relationship. Then you can do whatever you want. <BR>

S
OP Offline
S
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dazed and Confused:<BR><B>Ah, so you believe your wife, the one you really didn't want to marry, infected you with Chlamydia. Sounds like part of your motivation with this OW is to get back at her for that. I think you feel trapped into your marriage, and your A with OW is motivated not by "love" for OW but rage at your W.<P>I think you need to get in touch with that rage before you can make any kind of decision. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No rage, and Clamydia impacts me not at all. It may have damaged my wife's fertility. I guess I can understand why you thought that.<P>**** Probably absent for next 2 weeks or so. *****<P>OW nearly crippled due to dropping a mirror on her feet, in addition to underweight etc. Hard to listen to someone you care about screaming.<P>Peace<P><BR>

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the risk of seeming rude, you strike me as very narcissistic. If I were you, I would try to use my "genius" IQ and channel my energies more productively, possibly toward rebuilding the lives of those people you have no doubt hurt.<P>Just my opinion.<BR>

S
OP Offline
S
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by amyz:<BR><B>At the risk of seeming rude, you strike me as very narcissistic. If I were you, I would try to use my "genius" IQ and channel my energies more productively, possibly toward rebuilding the lives of those people you have no doubt hurt.<P>Just my opinion.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well, certainly not about my looks.<P>As for rebuilding lives, my W currently has absolutely no complaints. She hasn't worked outside of the home in a decade, and she is in her 7th week of vacation this year with another (probably) to follow.<P>I can safely say there will be no rebuilding if I don't confess.<P>Peace<P><BR>

S
S
I have to agree with amyz about your self-love. Your smugness about your affair, your wife's happiness with the scraps of a marriage you give her, the OW's desperate desire to kiss the feet of yourself and your wife, your own intelligence, etc., make your posts hard to read.<P>Just thought I would add the following: I have IBS which caused me internal pain during sex, and also used to suffer from burning pains and even vaginal tears during intercourse. Also, my husband and I weren't emotionally intimate during most of our marriage--talking and communicating was my thing, not his. These two problems made me uninterested in sex to the point that my husband went begging and finally gave up. He, predictably, had an affair. In the painful aftermath, he has been telling me constantly of his love and care for me, opening his heart and connecting with me as never before. In turn, this made me eager to give myself to him, to carry our emotional intimacy to a physical level. Guess what? Those pains have "magically" disappeared! Although we still struggle with rebuilding trust and learning to meet each other's other needs, our lives are fulfilling in amazing new ways. <P>Why not stop focusing on reasons why the OW and W are best off as they are, and ask yourself if you are following an honorable, moral path or just making elegant-sounding rationales for yourself?<P>Sad<P>P.S. OW suffers from being underweight? please....

S
OP Offline
S
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SadButHopeful:<BR><B>P.S. OW suffers from being underweight? please....</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>5'7" and 90 lbs. A consistent weight of less than 101#s in a woman of that height is considered presumptive proof of disability due to the effects of malnurishment Re: Social Security Disability criteria.<P>Your casual dismisal of someone's suffering does you no credit.<P>Earned self-esteem is no vice. Indeed, it is a critical virtue.<P>That being said, the fact that I have not dwelled on failures and faults does not mean I don't know they exist.<P>Peace<P>

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 83 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation