Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41102 12/13/99 12:27 AM
T
OP Offline
T
It is 10 o'clock local time, usually a time of the night when I am still wide awake, W & I both are used to go to sleep late- 12 or 1 am every night, then one of us gets up at 6 with our daughter to get her ready for school (they get in at 7, poor children). When I was my daughter's age (7) my mother caught me several times watching TV or reading at 11 at night so it's nothing new.<P>The last few nights I've been up until almost dawn reading and posting at MB, learning from you and trying to understand what is going on in my life.<P>Tonight she is not here as usual, but she's not with OP but away for a few days with an older couple of close friends/clients (my daughter used to call them "my big friends" when she was 2). They tell her (daughter) stories, play with her, and in this season they always tell her merry tales of Christmas with snow outside and real winters.<P>Her not being in town is somehow a relief; at least knowing that she is not with OP takes a big load off my neck. Although I don't show it when I first meet somebody I am trusting in nature. And about W, you know: you meet this person, get to know her, believe her, have confidence in her and later you trust her. You don't know when you began trusting this person, all you know is that she has never lied to you, that she never fails you intentionally, that is one of the very few of whom you can absolutely be sure. 100%. You trust her not because you love her. You love her not because you trust her. You love her. You trust her.<P>Years ago when we started dating and later when we moved in together, I was jealous because I didn't know her. Today she is out of town and I don't feel jealous because my friends are with her and I do not longer know who is she.<P>Jealousy is a bad adviser; it doesn't leave you one second alone, it doesn't let you sleep, think, work, or function in any other way. I thought that I was never going to feel jealousy again, but I am very jealous when she is with OP, it's a terrible feeling. It is not a terrible pain; the pain was caused for the betrayal, and is still caused by the daily lies.<P>Jealous, when she is with OP I feel jealous of those fingers that can walk her body while mine barely type on the keyboard, jealous of those other eyes that can see her when I can't, eyes that now receive a smile that is no longer mine, jealous even of the unfamiliar pillow that holds her head when she sleeps. But not tonight.<P>This morning daughter & I took W to the airport and spent a happy father & daughter day. She ate a "Happy Meal" at the closest mall while I ate very well for the first time in almost 2 weeks. We did some shopping and later put up the lights outside the house, changed the appearance of the computer and a while ago she fell asleep in my arms, my little angel.<P>Tonight I won't ramble, mumble, rant & rave, wand, babble no more. I'll be asleep sooner that I say good night. It'll be a somewhat peaceful sleep. Tomorrow will be a new day, a new beginning.<P>I hope.<P>Alex<P>------------------<BR>Live and learn

#41103 12/13/99 12:45 AM
W
W
Alex,<P>At least you are getting in touch with your feelings. That is a starting place for taking care of you. It also lets you know your weaknesses, they will come in handy at game time. Now you have to start looking for your strengths. They will help you move the ball down field.<P>I now know my feelings so I can use them to help me, check out my rant on my thread, I realy unloaded some anger. If we don't want to LB we have to vent our detrimental feelings some where. This is the best place I know.<P>We can also see our strengths in the reply our friends give us. Thats why we are here support.<P>Take this opportunity to work on your game plan.<P><BR>Hang In,<P>Bill<P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,015 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation