Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#422341 02/14/03 02:07 PM
A
OP Offline
A
You have mentioned that you believed that your H previously showed symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder.

Because my wife shows almost every symptom of Narcississtic Personality Disorder, I was wondering how you were able to deal with this.

#422342 02/14/03 02:32 PM
V
V
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by IsIt2late:
<strong>You have mentioned that you believed that your H previously showed symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder.

Because my wife shows almost every symptom of Narcississtic Personality Disorder, I was wondering how you were able to deal with this.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Is your wife having an affair? Often times people whose spouses are having affairs will exhibit all or many of the symptoms of NPD... but for it to be true personality disorder those things need to have been present long term and in many aspects of life.

How to deal with it? I don't talk much about the specifics of my life on the forum any more. I have strong ethical feelings about how that impacts marriages in general and mine in particular. And the more I work with people the stronger my feelings about this get. If you want to email me, I would be happy to talk strategies. help@saveyourmarriagecentral.com

My personal feeling is that we all have emotional and mental handicaps... things that make certain aspects of relationships difficut. Some of us have more of those things than others... like perhaps your wife. Is that an excuse for treating others badly... nope, not in my book. Does it make some things more difficult? Certainly. But here's the thing, if you want to have the benefits of a relationship ( of any sort... intimate, career, friend) then there are certain things you need to do. Figure it out, do them. I think for most people if they want something badly enough they figure out how to bring their behavior in line with that goal.

(Can you tell I'm a tough love mom of many boys??)

Now if she's having an affair... we have a whole 'nother topic altogether.

C

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 154 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation