Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#461095 02/19/02 04:13 PM
S
sosad Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I am new to this kind of forum and I do not understand all the abbreviations and all the talk of plan A and plan B. Where can I find info or a cross reference on all the shortcuts and lingo that I have missed?

#461096 02/19/02 06:19 PM
R
R
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by snowman88m:
<strong>I am new to this kind of forum and I do not understand all the abbreviations and all the talk of plan A and plan B. Where can I find info or a cross reference on all the shortcuts and lingo that I have missed?</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Welcome to MB, check out the link under my signature below ... General Welcome and acronym links, what brought you here ?.

#461097 02/20/02 11:05 AM
S
sosad Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the reply redhat! I will be checking out those links. As to why I came here, my marriage is falling apart and I am desperate to save it. To make a very long and complicated story short, my wife does not feel "emotionally connected" to me and does not think that she ever has or will ever be able to. She wants a divorce and all of this is hitting me from out of the blue. I am in counseling, she is in counseling, but she does not want to go to marriage counseling because thats "not where she's at right now". I don't know if I should @$#! OR GO BLIND. So here I am trying to get some information to try and fix this mess.
Not much Hope,
Snowman

#461098 02/20/02 11:34 AM
J
J
Welcome Snowman! There is a lot of good information here, and there are a lot of good people willing to help, advise, or just talk. Good luck! JK

#461099 02/20/02 12:39 PM
R
R
snowman88m,<p>How could I help you ?. Could you post your profile or your story ?. There is nothing new, I am still battling to save my M while my WW sabotaging my effort. Please learn as much as you can by following the links on my signatures. MB might be the answer to your problem. Keep us posted.

#461100 02/22/02 01:02 AM
S
sosad Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Red hat, Just Kay
I am the artist formaly known as Snowman88m. I changed my display name cause I sent the W a link to a Q&A on MB and I didn't want her to come across my display name and have some kind of melt down because I was using this forum for advise. I know sounds like I want to hide something. That's not it at all. It's just that she finds so much fault in what I am doing to make our relationship work that I don't want to try and explain this to her,not right now anyway. So I do have a story and I have posted it under the new name sosad. I posted it yesterday 02/20/02 subject Help. Again I am so new to this kind of thing I'm not sure how or where to put my postings or even how to go about finding out if anyone is responding. Although I did manage to get back here to you guy's. So maybey I am starting to get it right. PLease get back to me. I am going to a MC today the W went with me Monday night but she refuses to go again. Say's it's just tnot where she is at right now. I really love my W but she is really trying my patience right now. I am totally consumed with trying to get things worked out. It is driving me crazy. I went to a shrink and he wrote a script for anti D I took them for a couple of weeks and it seemed to help but they were making me sick so I stopped. I don't feel quite so depressed now but I do feel like I am getting numb to all the pain. It's just so freakin weird.
Hope to hear from you guy's again. sosad

#461101 02/22/02 01:20 AM
S
sosad Offline OP
OP Offline
S
(I originally posted this a couple of days ago)
This is probably going to be fairly long I appologize if its kind of a ramble. Here goes. About a year ago my wife finally expressed to me that she was unhappy with the way things were in our marriage. One of the primary reasons for this unhappiness was how I was handling siuations with my X concerning my 12 year old son. This part of the story is very difficult to explain but to make a long story short my son is not doing well in school and my wife is a teacher. Anyway she really has a hard time dealing with the issues that surround all of the blended family. My problem is I had no idea just how big of a problem it was for that matter just how huge a problem it was to become. Fast forward about a year from the time I found out about her concerns regarding my son. My wife finally goes back to a counselor and after much probing on my part I get her to begin to speak about what is on her mind. To say that I was floored by what she had to say would be putting it mildly. BAsically she is questioning if she has ever loved me and if she is even capable of loving me. (Her words were emotional connection not love)
I don't know what the difference is to be honest. She says that she and I are only connected on a cognitive level and that we are great roommates but we do not have the kind of marriage that she wants. So... she wants a divorce. After getting smacked over the head with this information I go to counseling. Get depressed and basically begin to fall apart at the seams. I eventually convince her to see a marriage counselor but she is resentful of this because her counselor has advised that she not focus on our marriage issues but on our personal issues. I feel that we should be doing both. Right now she is not cooperating at all. She says that she has been trying for years to make the marriage better (wish I had know it was that Sh@#$)and that she is not in a place right now where she can work on it. Couple all of this with she can not stand to be at home, spends more time with friends (she has more single male friends than I do) than she would care to spend with me. Seems to have lost interest in anything she use to do that was spiritually related. All this from a woman that converted to Catholicism and pushed me to get my first marriage anulled by the Church and stood on an alter not once, but twice to tell God and witnesses that she was committing to me for the rest of her life you all know the routine. Its like whatever I suggest in the way of trying to get back on track she has some kind of answer for it. Usually it sounds like a bunch of pshyco babble but I try to be understanding of what it is she says that she is going through. I asked he once if my son was not a factor in her misery would she be able to get past this and work on making things better. She said yes. I was shaken to my core. It was like she picked the one thing that I have no control over and made it a deal breaker. This is so hurtful to me and I said that she was cold for having admitted this, she agreed that she was in fact cold. At any rate, I am starting to feel that there is more to her story than she is telling me. I have even begun to think that she might be having an affair and for the very first time in my life I am having feelings of jealousy. So I don't know if I should scratch my watch or wind my BUTT.
I desperately want to make my marriage work and make it the kind of marrige that she wants it to be, but she is miserable and wants out so badly that I am having a hard time even attemting to do things that might pull us back together. I feel so much resentment from her that I just do not know how to approach her any more. Please someone help me!! Most of all remember me and my wife in your prayers. Its like all the people I want to pray for us are related to me and I'm not ready to unload this on them just yet. So that is it. My story, probably not a new one, but certainly new to me.<p>[ February 21, 2002: Message edited by: sosad ]</p>

#461102 02/21/02 04:57 PM
R
R
sosad,<p>Learn MB as much as you can. Learn about EN, LB, LB$, plan A/B. Ask her to fill in LBQ and ENQ, if you have not yet. If she refuse, you could do it for her and guess it. Those lists on LB you have to stoped it, no but or if. Then try to remember or ask her about her complaint in M. List them out and work on it one by one and show to her that you could changed, this is plan A. Read HNHN and SAA.<p>About snooping, it is up to you to find out if your W has A. You could take a look at 50 signs and judge it yourself. If you decide to snoop, please do not confront W with the result, even you know there is A. Come back here and get opinions.<p>Also we are here to offer support as a lay man so if you could afford it, get conseling from MB. It has been helping me a lot.<p>God bless you.

#461103 02/22/02 12:06 AM
S
sosad Offline OP
OP Offline
S
RedHat,
Thanks for the tips. I am working the program MB style. I went to the marriage counselor tonight. The one the W refuses to go back to. The MC is helping. This is very hard when I get no Coop from the W. Thanks again I'll be in touch.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (still seeking), 368 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation