Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#466740 07/15/03 03:32 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Well as some of you know, I have not posted in long time. I thought you might like to hear the update. D-Day was 7/10/02. We separated 9/02/02. She went to live with OM. And, my wife has continued to have serious issues with alcohol. As does her new "love".
After a Plan A that really started in Novenmber of '02, and a her desire to come back and get treament for alcohol I thought we might have a chance again. In fact, I was very hopeful.
ButI soon found out that she was in contact with him in re-hab.
And then the weekend jaunts back to be with him that initially would start on Friday...then she would come home Monday, began again. This went on until she finally decided to go back.
Ironically, while she was here, she found out that he was out with another woman (at a bar).I think that was when she decided to go back and "protect her turf".
It is clear to me now that the constant confusion her part will never end.
And, I have decided that I need to take another step.Plan B or No Contact.
I should make it clear that I still do care about her, but her continued drinking after re-hab and the running back to Om leaves me with no alternative.
I am prepared now to walk away. Should I go to Plan B letter or should I simply begin the divorce process.
It is clear to me that she is cake eating.And, it must stop.
Any opinions, before I proceed ?

#466741 07/15/03 04:02 PM
J
J
Gregg,

I know Harley states that he won't consider trying to rebuild a marriage until any outside addictions are addressed. In your case that is alcohol. It is surely your call, but I doubt that plan B will work, if she is still a drinking alcoholic.

It is a tough decision, but it is probably worth noting that divorce takes awhile, so if she is going to come out of it she still has time. I don't think you will make much headway as long as she is drinking.

That is my $0.02.

God Bless,

JL

#466742 07/15/03 04:15 PM
R
R
Go to plan B ... you are talking to the Alcohol, not even WW ... let alone W. Actualy when you go to plan B ... you should be ready for one of the possible outcome, Dv. It would be easier for you to do plan B.

-rh-

#466743 07/15/03 05:01 PM
G
OP Offline
G
JL and r-hat,
I hear you. And I do not disagree. I have felt this way about the addiction for a long time. But, it is the next step. Or at least my view of it. And yes Redhat, I am prepared for the one outcome. I suppose I am just trying to see if their is anything in her head that is left that may spark her. I have grave doubts about that though. In a way, I guess it is one more step in my head to begin letting go, if you know what I mean. And face reality.

I have written and mailed Plan B letter. But, I am prepared for the possible outcomes.

I will try to stay positive and pray.

#466744 07/15/03 06:14 PM
T
T
Gregg M.

Its been a while since I last heard from you. In fact, the last post of yours was to a dead thread over at the free/low cost dates forum. Anyway, I'm sorry on the recent turn of events regarding your alcoholic WW.

If you still care for her then count my voice to the chorus of people that has suggested to you to go to Plan B. But unlike the last Plan B, don't give in so easily, insists on the following deal breakers:

1. End all contact with the OM forever.

2. Voluntarily submit to having her whereabouts tracked all the time to help her stay the course as far as no contact with the OM and to keep her from falling off the bandwagon (as a former alcoholic I can't tell you enough on this last one).

3. Voluntarily submit to alcohol treatment and express a desire to commit to following a marital recovery plan that includes counseling with a pro-marriage professional like Stever Harley or Penny Tupy(Cerri) as well as following the principles of the four rules for a succesful marriage (click on the link bellow my signature).

Don't allow yourself to be sucked in by her cries of poor ol' me without her carrying out ALL of the 3 deal breakers, otherwise you'll only find yourself back to square one with another false recovery that will end up in your giving up and filing for divorce.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 479 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation