Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4896 08/26/99 07:05 AM
N
OP Offline
N
Well, he made his decision. He got an apartment last night and will be leaving shortly. Just as my daughter is going back to college and school is ready to start. He told me he loved me as he walked out the door. I suppose I will continue to give him love and attention while he is home,but what about after he leaves? He said he will come back to work on the house on Saturdays to fix it up so we can sell it. Do I still do plan A or B? Is there any use doing anything? Do they come back after they leave? I know I still love him ,but I don't like him very much. This relationship has not brought out the best in him. He continues to still sneak and lie about things. She is fifteen years younger, broke up her marriage to an alchoholic and has one child. My H has been miserable since he started his affair in spring of '98. He is now trying to rewrite the history of our marriage and say it hasn't been good in seven years. Anyone out there, how do I go on and what happens next?

#4897 08/26/99 08:08 AM
H
H
Ah shucks [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I don't have any advice to you-sure wish I did. But here's a hug just to get you through the day and to let you know that a stranger cares. Hang in there!!<P>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{NOEL}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

#4898 08/26/99 08:15 AM
S
S
Noel - I am so sorry - I know how awful this feels. Has H actually asked you for a divorce? Although it isn't easy right now, you do need to look at the practical, financial stuff and figure out how to best protect yourself no matter what H ends up doing. This might mean consulting with a lawyer because once they "move out" this is considered a legal "separation date" and changes how courts would eventually look at financial responsibilities.<P>Noel - I am sorry I cannot offer any good Plan A/B advice because I am at the moving on point. Others here will be able to do this for you very well. Just remember that whatever your decision, you have given this relationship your all and do not have to regret not having tried your hardest.<P>Hugs,<BR>Starpony

#4899 08/26/99 08:32 AM
N
OP Offline
N
thanks heartache and starpony, I can really use those hugs. I just got an appointment with Dr. Harley. Hope its not to late.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 649 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation