Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#50147 01/11/00 01:20 AM
J
OP Offline
J
The strangest thing happened to me tonight...I was looking for songs and decided to look for some Amy Grant songs...when I was looking this song jumped out at me and I decided to download it. I have never heard it and had never read the words. I about broke down when I heard it and read the words...how much it mirrors my life. So for me it was a sign from above to keep on holding on...I cry as I sit here and write this...<BR>Just wanted to share....<BR> <BR>Stacy T.<P>Somewhere Somehow <BR>(Michael W. Smith/David Foster/Amy Grant/Wayne Kirkpatrick)<BR> <BR>BOY - <BR>Standing in our silence <BR>I hear my heart beating <BR>And if only I could choose <BR>I'd stay here with you <BR>But hold me 'till the train is leaving <P>GIRL - <BR>Somewhere down the line <BR>After you're gone from sight <BR>Our love will be the same <BR>And, whispering your name, <BR>I'll cling to you with all my might <P><BR>GIRL - Let me dream of you <P>BOY - But it's true <P>GIRL - And wake me up when this is over <P>BOY - Love will be there when this is over and <P>(CHORUS) <P>Somewhere far beyond today <BR>I will find a way to find you <BR>And somehow thru' the lonely nights <BR>I will leave a light in the dark <BR>Let it lead you to my heart <P>There's a love inside us <BR>That goes without saying <BR>But I'll tell you just the same <BR>And that love will fan the flame <BR>And the flame will warm the heart that's waiting <P><BR>GIRL - You are mine and I'll wait for you my love <P>BOY - You are mine it may take some time <P>GIRL - If I have to wait a lifetime <P>BOY - Tell me you'll wait <P>(CHORUS) <P>(BRIDGE) <P>GIRL - <BR>And somewhere alone <BR>I will be praying you home <BR>I know that somehow our love <P>BOY - <BR>Our love will lead me to your arms <P>(CHORUS) <BR><P>------------------<BR>Jaded Heart<BR>____________<P> <A HREF="http://journeys.webprovider.com" TARGET=_blank>http://reflect.to/journeys</A> <P> <P>

D
D
Amy Grant? You mean the self-righteous one who trumpets her religion all over the place and who left her husband for Vince Gill?<P>That Amy Grant?<P>Sorry, but I don't take my life lessons from pop songs, least of all those by hypocrites.<P>But if it does something for you, more power to you.

J
OP Offline
J
It had nothing to do with who sang the song. It was the words to the song that touched me deeply. I have been feeling like giving up and praying for a sign. Any sign will do. I am holding on to any little bit of faith I have. It matters little to me what she has done with her life and her religion. The song still says a lot even if she didn't follow it in her life.<P>------------------<BR>Jaded Heart<BR>____________<P> <A HREF="http://journeys.webprovider.com" TARGET=_blank>http://reflect.to/journeys</A> <P> <P>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (SadNewYorker), 194 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation