Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#56040 11/26/00 03:19 PM
T
tkgmiz Offline OP
OP Offline
T
My wife and I have been married for 6 1/2 years. First marriage for both of us.<P>We have most of the things that a couple would want in a relationship with the major missing element being sex. We have not had sex very often during our 6 1/2 years (conversely to when we were dating) and I take most, if not all of the blame for that.<P>I still have those feelings for my wife, however, she does not believe me and very recently has become self-absorbed and somewhat distant.<P>She brought up this issue a variety (5-6)of times during our 6 1/2 years, but we just argued and the issue was left essentially unresolved.<P>She and I both agree that we love each other, but she says she is not sure if she can let me back into that part of her life. <P>I am reasonable certain that there is no one else, but I am scared and frustrated not knowing what to do to get her back.

#56041 11/27/00 11:01 AM
M
M
TK,<P>OK I'm gonna shoot from the hip here but it sounds like sexual fulfillment is higher on her emotional needs list then it is on yours. Am I right? You say you love your wife so what are you willing to do to meet this need for the woman you love? Once a month, once a week? What? Find out what is really important to her and do it because you love her not because you want to.<P>Man I hate shopping. But I go with my wife to make her happy not me. Now I have to really evaluate my motives so that I can enthusiastically shop. You may need to do the same thing in the area of sex though I can't identify with your lack of desire. Do it for her, not you. After all that is what a marriage is all about...doing thing for your spouse!<P>Mud <><

#56042 11/27/00 12:27 PM
T
tkgmiz Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thanks Mudder, I'm with you and am totally willing. The problem right now is that she is not ready to let me back in tot hat part of her life. I think she is scared that after a short time things will go back to normal.

#56043 11/27/00 02:25 PM
M
M
Maybe you should concentrate on meeting all of her other emotional needs fo now. Show her non sexual affection. Be consistent. Be ready to meet her SF need at any time. Again, because you want to please her! Be a good boy scout and be prepared! <P>Mud <><

#56044 11/27/00 02:35 PM
T
tkgmiz Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Good advice, will try. Thank you so much for replying.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 259 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation