Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Doug Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Val, you're right! Cheetos ARE better!
<p>Plus, they turn your hands, mouth and teeth a really sexy orange color! Wooo, wooo...! Drives my wife wild with lust!!! LOL! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
<p>Doug
<br>

B
B
Kathleen,
<br>First of all, don't think that just because I opened the post, it's mine. We are all on the same boat. Seasick as hell.
<br>I am so glad that you have taken this step. I only recently made that same one. You are obviously the primary persion in your daughters life. And it is up to you to take care of yourself, for her sake, and yours. Start doing things on your own. Get out of the house to do something JUST FOR YOU. Supporting your husband does not mean you have to be there for him 24 hours a day.
<br>Good luck

K
K
Bill,
<p>Thank you for your kind words and do intend to do for me. I know that is what I have to do it just took me a while to get there. I will keep you posted as to any progress.
<br>Kathy

M
M
My husband and I went to our 5th counseling session last night. At the end our counselor said that he didn't want us to come in every other week like we have been. He wants us to come in once a month. He doesn't feel that we are making any progress and he knows that it is getting expensive for us. I feel so abandoned. That was a "safe place" where I could bring up issues and have a mediator to keep things under control. My husband works long hours (between 15-17 per day) and we haven't had time to work on our communication techniques at home and he really hasn't been making any effort towards the development of our marriage. He comes from an alcoholic broken home and is working towards being an alcoholic himself. But we have made some improvements, it's just that once a week he reverts back to his old ways and I don't handle it well. My question is what do I do? I am so scared. Getting my husband to go to counseling was not easy and I felt like it was a big positive step. Now, without that waiting the next week, I have no leverage to get him to do the communication exercises. I love my husband dearly and I want to make my marriage work. (We have only been married 16 monthes.) but I am really feeling hopeless now and I am scared to death. If our counselor has given up on us, how are we supposed to try? What do I do?!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 978 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation