Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Sheba Offline OP
OP Offline
S
<BR>Hi All,<P>Well I don't know how I feel about being the first to post in this new category...at least when I started writing I was...Maybe someone will beat me to it!!<P>I am very thankful to MB and all who contributed to creating this spot for us.....<P>I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE!!!!<P>But God has other plans for now!!<P>So, here I am.......<P>At least it's here at MB, where the love never ends!!!<P>BIG HUGS and welcome to a whole new world!!!!<P>Sheba<P>

R
RWD Offline
R
Sheba,<P>You beat me !!!!!<P>Bob<BR>

T
T
I don't want to be here either! <P>Are you both already divorced? <P>

M
M
Sheba, Bob and TB,<P>Yippee! Now we'll be the majority here! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Thanks Steve for giving us a place to rest!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Mitzi

T
T
Oh Boy, a place all to ourselves. Like y'all I don't want to be here either. Guess we will have to support each other [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Tulip

I
I
This isn't a fun place to be, but I'm glad we finally have a place that is ours. <P>I was starting to feel bad about being negative to the people who still have a chance with their marriages or at least have the hope that I lose everyday.<P>

R
R
Boy,<P>Am I glad I still lurk! I have been avoiding th regular forum 'cause it was interfering with my recovery. My divorce is filed and should be final in 2 weeks or so. The date has not yet been set. H still has most of his stuff here. Thus far, he has only removed his motorcycle and the rest of his clothes. I don't know about you guys, but I can hardly wiat to get his stuff out of the house! I mean, and this might be ridiculous to say...I can't wait for the divorce to be final!!! I am so looking forward to life and love again.<BR>I feel happy because I am ending the abuse he has been dishing out to me.<P>Desiree <P>------------------<BR>"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things in which smiles and kindnesses and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort."<P>Sir Humphry Davy<BR>

R
RWD Offline
R
Hey Desiree,<P>Good to see you are still around. There have been so many new posters that I have trouble keeping track of my friends.<P>I guess I shouldn't be all that happy that you showed up here, but you know what I mean!<P>Bob

I
I
You're right Sheba ... There's no place like home !!!<P>It's great to be able to talk and not bring others down who are hoping for recovery.<P>As much as I disliked seeing the board divided at first, we have managed to adjust.<BR>This division seems so right.<P>Again, thanks to Steve for responding so quickly and being wise enough to see the need for this forum as his MB site has progressed.<BR>Since it has NOTHING to do with marriage building it shows just how much he cares and of course, how he wants to meet our needs [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>

Y
Y
Hi everyone,<P>Can't say I am glad to be posting here either. But I'm glad the MB folks are realistic enough to offer this, and include us.<P>My divorce will likely wrap up in mid April, after a year+ separation. At several points i really thought there was hope. I was wrong. <P>I have a feeling we'll all have lots to write about. <P>Sheba, I'm especially glad you're in here. I enjoy your posts, and you've been conspicuously absent in the infidelity section (where I've been lurking...)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi All!!<BR>This is great!! Our own place! Hopefully there won't be too many others coming here, but it is good to know that there is a place we can vent and let those who are still working on their marriages not have to hear it all. <BR>I am sure we will all be giving our words of wisdom here as we need it! <P>------------------<BR>Susan

S
Sheba Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi All -<P>I, like most of you, felt somewhat up in the air here...not really wanting to leave yet not quite knowing where I fit.<BR>That's one less "limbo" in my life now!!<P>I am going to start an "Introduce yourself" thread....although most of us have at least seen one another's name around MB - I am sure that with all the emotions (and brain trauma!!) we have had, we probably don't know where everyone is with their individual situations and mindset.<P>I would kind of like to know each other a bit....wouldn't you?<P><BR>Hi RWD, RMA and Doc....I guess I have conversed at one point or another with you three the most so far. Look forward to more!!!<P>InShock, Mitzi, Studentwife, Tulip and Sue - I have followed your postings on and off. Am not as well versed with your situations as I want to be and I hope that we can change that and really create a great support system here.<P>And TeddyBear - Hi!! I don't know your situation at all and will look for your posts and catch up.....As with the others, I hope that we get to know each other and help one another as best as we can.<P>WE are all going to get through this..together!!!!!<P>BIG HUGS, <P>Sheba<P><BR>

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sheba, <BR>Thanks for the welcome.....I always felt that I didn't have a lot of advice to give over at the other forum considering that I was going through a divorce....since I am now divorced and actively working through all of those issues, I will have a lot to say here!!(hehe) <BR>I have followed your story, and most of the others here as well. It will be interesting to see how all of our lives unfold now that we are able to pursue something other than a marriage that was probably doomed (sorry, I get a little irritated when I think of all the time I gave the X to "find" himself)<BR>I do know that the MB principles are good, and if there are two of you willing to folloe them, you can have a wonderful marriage, or relationship. <BR>Hopefully there won't be many who follow us here, but at least now there is a place for those who do!<P>------------------<BR>Susan

C
C
Hey Everyone!!<P>It's me. Geez, I haven't been on in ages!!! It's so good to see so many familiar faces (ok, names!)<P>So much had happened in the last few months. I'll post an update soon.<P>Sheba- When is the divorce final?<P>RMA- Only two more weeks. Yikes. What is GA. A drive thru divorce state?? Holy cow, didn't you just file?<P>Love you guys,<P>Cheryl

A
A
Hi all! Lots of old names, and a few new ones. <P>I think this divorce forum does have something to do with marriagebuilding. By continuing to learn and share with each other, we can work on the healing and learning from our failed marriages. If this helps us have better relationships (perhaps marriages) in the future, then marriagebuilders will have accomplished something very important for us. <P>We are all still "recovering" from infidelity. Our marriages may be over (or almost over), but the healing is just beginning. <P>However...let me point out that there are many, many divorce support sites out on the web. I hope that this forum will remain relevant to issues of infidelity and to marriagebuilders, and not just become another divorce venting site. <P>Let the healing begin! <BR>-Annie

W
W
Thanks to Steve for including this subsection in marriage builders. <P>While this infidelity/divorcing/divorce is a club that none of us really chose chose to join, it is nice to know that this is a safe haven to both seek and give advice from fellow travellers on this unwanted journey of self discovery. <P>I think I will be in the divorcing category for a long, long time as H's fanatsy continues regarding his entitlement from and obligations to his 'former family"<BR>

W
W
I guess I'm slow. I didn't even see this until tonight...LOL<P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>

B
B
Yes, I'm glad to be here. Been a really long time since I posted. Everyone seemed to be on Plan A or B and I am trying to resolve the D (divorce) plan. Been a tough road and I look forward to keeping in touch here.

J
J
I figured I'd just check in to let you guys know that I'm here too. <P>------------------<BR>"If you can learn from the mistakes of others, you won't have to make them youself."<P>lady_divine77@yahoo.com

L
L
Sheba<P>Your title cracked me up, thanks for the smile today [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I don't care to be here either, but think this will help my own recovery since its hard to remember which group of people is at the same point. But I already see where all the missing names were, I don't know why I didn't know about this section, how did I miss it?<P>Take care to all,Dana<BR>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation