Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#657716 03/29/00 06:14 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I'll be glad to be the second to post here since my H filed yesterday and in 20 days I will be divorced.<P>Life sucks! I just wish that it hadn't ended upt this way!!!<P>TB

#657717 03/29/00 06:22 PM
R
RWD Offline
R
Teddybear,<P>I guess I have the honor(?) of being the first divorcee here. I was divorced on 2/1/00.<P>Hopefully I will be the only one that needs to post here!<P>Bob<P>------------------<BR>"You can't always get what you want! But if you try real hard,you might just find, you get what you need!"<BR>Mick Jagger

#657718 03/29/00 08:15 PM
T
T
(((((teddy bear)))))<P>I'm so sorry to hear that your H has filed for divorce. If you need to talk to someone you can e-mail me at: holly.berry@mindspring.com<P>Tulip

#657719 03/29/00 08:53 PM
M
M
My H and I both filed about 2 weeks ago. He had been saying he was filing for a month and I just started it. Got sick of waiting. Well, he filed at the same time. He was served Sunday and I was served yesterday. <P>What got me were his grounds. Cruel and inhuman treatment. I'm sorry but this is where I get angry. I was abused for 10 years physically and verbally. And I was cruel to him. The cruelest thing I did to him was not have sex with him after a day of being called names and sometimes hit. Sorry, but I can't turn into a great lover just because the kids went to bed. Also, how do you have a good sex life with someone who sits and drinks himself into a stupor almost daily? Cruel and inhuman? I call it protecting myself!<P>Sorry, I vented a little [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Mitzi

#657720 03/29/00 09:17 PM
I
I
My H supposedly filed at the end of January, but I think he forgot to pay his lawyer or something. The agony of checking my mail everyday for papers is wearing me down. It's like a dread that constantly hangs over my head. Like what I've been through isn't enough, I know that soon it will be official that I have truely lost my husband. The fact that he has lost me or given me up doesn't phase him at all. I just feel empty.<P>Teddy bear,<P>I love your name. I collect teddy bears. Not just the 'collectable' ones, but all that I think are cute. My husband called them nappy bears, but I just told him that they looked like they had been loved. Sorry for the tangent.<P>Mitzi,<P>{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}<BR>Cruel and inhuman treatment. What is he thinking?? Take care of yourself and be confindent in the choices of your life.

#657721 03/29/00 11:59 PM
B
B
<B>HOME</B>... now we have a home!! I wish we all didn't have to be here, but at least we have a "here" to be at.<P>My divorce was final on February 23rd. Sorry Bob, you're not the only one to be here.<P>Mitzi, My X said he had contacted a lawyer two weeks before he "asked" me to move out. That ment that he had contacted a lawyer 2 days after our 6th wedding anniversary.... when he pledged to love me forever, and bought me a custom designed bracelet... I don't think so!!<P>I learned something the first time we separated.... he didn't pay <B>any</B> of the bills, but managed to spend almost $1300 in 2 weeks. So, I contacted a lawyer a week before I moved out, and filed for legal separation the day I moved. I told him what I had done, and why. I found out the day he was due to answer the petition, he was shopping for a lawyer!!! (He called my lawyers partner [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]).<P>Anyway... the point was, they really don't know what they are doing, and they want to keep us guessing and want to be "first" in everything!<P>Ok, enough for my first post in our new section!<P>Thoughts & Prayers,<BR>Butterfly<P>------------------<BR>There are deep sorrows and killing cares in life, but the encouragement and love of friends were given us to make all difficulties bearable. <BR>-- John Oliver Holmes<P>The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.<BR>-- Elie Wiesel<P><BR>

#657722 03/30/00 12:08 PM
T
OP Offline
T
RWD, I will be joining your ranks as a divorcee in 21 days. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Tulip, I will definitely e-mail you. My e-mail is teddybear_12253@yahoomail.com<P>Thanks for the support! I'm sorry you are here too!<P>Mitzi, is he out of his mind???? I feel for you so much! At least I never had to put up with the physical abuse...only the mental mind games of a "practicing" psychology minor.<P>studentwife, I am so empty too! How can they just "turn their feelings off"? My H even basically suggested I change my name back. OUCH!<P>butterfly, I'm sorry about your divorce. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I hope you are ok. They sure are good about making us feel like it is our fault! They DO like to keep us guessing. I am NOT going to miss the mind games. I am just relieved I don't have children with him!<P>To all, I am so sorry to see you all here, but I am glad too to know I am not going through this alone. Sounds weird huh? Anyway, I am so glad we all found a new home. <P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>TB<P>P.S. I collect teddy bears too! My whole house is decorated in them.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation