Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
Well, over spring break...my H & I ended up spending most of both weekends together! We had a BLAST! He is looking for a jeep (part of his mid-life crisis at 26?). <P>Anyway, we had a little set back last night when we were at his parents having dinner. While tucking my daughter into bed, he got very emotional and started crying uncontrollably. We talked a little while afterwards and I just tried to listen. I ended up crying because he was in such pain. I hope that wasn't an LB. <P>He says he is scared that I am just trying to get him back because of the "challenge" of doing it. I am trying to "love" him back to me by not responding to any of the negative and only being positive. I don't get defensive or anything. God is truly working in me to be a more godly wife.<P>I would appreciate your prayers! I am saying the standers prayer every chance I get. My D is final April 19th (only a 20 day waiting period [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]). I haven't brought up stopping it yet, but he has a couple of times. He mentioned pros/cons of not doing it at least 3 times yesterday. I am going to give him time to do the right thing on his own. If, by the 19th, he hasn't stopped it...then I will suggest it very calmly & politely.<P>Anyway, I guess this is good news! Any step forward beats a step backwards! <P>Any advice or suggestions?

R
RWD Offline
R
teddybear<BR>Things sound like they are on the positive upswing for you. Keep up on the Plan Aing.<P>God Bless,<P>Bob

T
T
Good Luck, Teddy Bear!<P>I think letting him make the moves in a good idea. And when April 19 arrives, I suggest asking him to postpone for another for another 6 weeks, just to make sure. Make sure he spends some quality time for your child as often as possible.<P>Karel

T
OP Offline
T
I don't know much about divorces...how can you postpone it? Is it possible?

T
T
tb,<P>Wow! Sounds like he is really starting to think about what he is/has done. Keep up the good work.<P>As far as stopping the divorce, I believe you just have to request that it be put on hold. When my stbx and I were talking of reconciling, my attorney said that it can be stopped completely or for a six month period. If after the six months it doesn't work out you just start where you left off. The six month thing was the best for me as I have so much evidence to my H's affair that I didn't want to lose that evidence if he was just coming back to get out of the legal aspects (child support, household suppport, etc.)of the divorce. <P>Since divorces are over so quickly in your state, the laws are probably different. You might want to check out <A HREF="http://www.divorceinfo.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.divorceinfo.com</A> <BR>as there is lots of information on the laws of the different states. Maybe you can find some info there. <P>Good luck and keep plan Aing! I'll keep you in my prayers. Take care.<P>Tulip<P>

T
OP Offline
T
Tulip,<P>Thanks for the advice. I did find out that it can be postponed for 6 months. Now, the tricky part is letting my H know that without being controlling. Any ideas???<P>TB

L
L
Teddy Bear,<P>WOw, that is an update. I think the 19 day waiting plan is a good thing. I don't know about the waiting period, ask your lawyer and share it with us. Don't lose hope and even if you end up divorced, it sounds like he is having second thoughts, and you can always remarry somewhere down the road. Give him time to do what's right. Trust in God and what's meant to be will happen. Prayers to you and your family, Dana<BR>

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks Dana!<P>How are you doing? How is that new guy in your life? I have been thinking about you and hoping you are ok.<P>TB

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (SadNewYorker), 298 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation