Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Hey everyone, its time to be over here. The papers will be filed this week and in 30 short days, Cat and I will be divorced. Now my question.<P>Has anyone filed their own divorce?<P>I'm curious about this. MO is a no fault state, Cat and I are getting along pretty good as friends, we've already divided the major property/debts, and custody/child support isn't an issue,i.e., I'll see them as often as I can and pay more than my court ordered share.<P>So, if anyone has had experience in this, could you post or send me an email?<P>Thanks<BR><P>------------------<BR>Allen<BR>sparky_dog_mb@yahoo.com

L
L
Sparky, sorry that you've joined us over here...you'll find familiar folk.<P>I live in a no-fault state and most bookstores here sell a do-it-yourself divorce kit for about $40 with all the appropriate paperwork. The only thing to watch for is to make sure it has all the language your state requires so, a DIYDKit for Missouri. I used a lawyer for the Service of Waiver, but it was exactly the same as the one in the kit, and if we continue on with the divorce and it is amicable, we'll probably go with the kit.<P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Let love be genuine...hold fast to what is good; love one another." Rom 12:9-10<p>[This message has been edited by Lor (Lor) (edited April 24, 2000).]

B
B
Hi Sparky,<BR>Yes, we have done all the paperwork and filed ourselves. We used a book called Divorce Yourself : The National No-Fault Divorce Kit. It is located on Amazon.com at <A HREF="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0935755640/o/qid=956584939/sr=8-1/ref=aps_sr_b_1_1/103-7629101-7722237" TARGET=_blank>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0935755640/o/qid=956584939/sr=8-1/ref=aps_sr_b_1_1/103-7629101-7722237</A> .<P>It comes with a diskette containing forms for all 50 states. We are like you and Cat and are divorcing as good friends. We have already filed the paperwork and did not encounter any snags, except for a parenting class that we did not know we had to take for our state. We were giving this information at the time we filed. It saves you a lot of money and keeps the lawyers from turning friends into enemies.<P>Dawg<P>

T
T
Sorry to see you over here Sparky. I am still posting here too, even though things are getting MUCH better! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>As you know, the divorce is only postponed for now. I'm hoping to change that though. <P>I'm really sorry you & Cat are following through with this. I hope you reunite sometime in the future. <P>I'm kind've confused on something though. Why would you pay MORE than the court says? Why not just use that to take your kids shopping when you have them or to do special "daddy" things with them? I actually took less than the court said my XH owed and now kind've wish I had just gone with what the court had said. Just remember that it is hard to change these things after they are filed.<P>I don't want to sound like I'm encouraging you to LB with Cat by changing this, but I'm just curious why you are doing it. <P>TB

L
L
Allen,<P>Sorry to see you and Cat are going to join us over here. To answer your question, no, I didn't but my STBX just fired his lawyer so I will be watching this post to see what is involved. THanks, Dana<BR>prayers to you and Cat BTW

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation