Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 51 of 136 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 135 136
D
D
Bells, Gongs, Whistles, Cymbals, Drum Rolls and Horns.....<P>It's the 1,000th Post @ 5:04 pm CST on Friday 6/30/00<P>I waited for someone else to have the honors but seems this afternoon...everyone deserted ship<P>I didn't want to go home and leave it @ 999 since I wouldn't be back to the office til Monday..so I decided to be the 1,000th<P>Congratulations to ALL who made this possible....now, where do we go from here?<P>[censored] from Texas

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[censored], <BR>You beat me to it!!!!<P>Ok, how about another thread.....Late Night Musings?? Seems like a lot of you here are posting at all hours of the night!!!!<P>------------------<BR>Susan

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Well ****!! I missed it!!!<P>I just got home for a little bit and checked and [censored], The Man From Texas got it!!!<P>YOU WIN THE PRIZE!! (although I don't know what it is! LOL)<P>Bring on the champagne!!<P>Red [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
"GIVE THAT MAN A CIGAR!!" [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>"ATTA BOY,[censored].WAY TO GO!!~~1000 BIG ONES!!"<BR> <BR> Now,isn't this more exciting then that"Surviver"show???<BR> <BR> 1st Place Grand Prize~~~One Giant Box of Murph's Famous Ice Cream Bars!!!!<P>(If a woman had won it,it would of been one of Murph's Famous Danish Deep Tissue Massages;sorry, Mitz,Gina,Jo,Butterfly,Lora,Sheryl,etc.)<BR> <BR> <P>By the way,[censored],when can you come to Seattle to claim your prize??? Or you can try for post 2000 for double or nothing......<P> ~~~Murph/Mel/Ricky/Tom/Quasi/Toadie/H&S [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
This is too cool! I think we should shoot for 2000! LOL LOL<P>Or we could start a new thread. What do you all think??<P>Red [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

R
R
By golly!!!<P>If I didn't have to actually look like I do any work here all day, I coul have won that prize. I had to skip the last ten days of posts 'cause the boss kept walking by.<P>RrunRR<BR>

M
M
Jodie/Red,<BR> I really thought you would get that post.Well,as usual,the man wins again.<P> So,the Space Needle's out,I guess.But you could go to the new Boeing Imax theatre.They have neat 3-D movies on a giant screen.Movies where you fly over the Grand Canyon,jump out of planes,things like that....... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> RrunRR,<BR> Just do what I do.When the boss walks by,say:"What are you lookin'at??You got a problem???" <BR> <P> ~~Murph/Freefor4 [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> <BR> <BR>

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Murph,<BR>If I hadn't had to work from 10am to 11pm, I would have gotten that post. [censored] wouldn't have stood a chance! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>The 3-D stuff would be just as bad as the real thing. I think I'll stick to camping! LOL LOL It's closer to the ground! LOL<P>BTW, my boss is my neighbor and has been since I was little. I think I could get away with asking him what his problem is! LOL<P>Red [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Hey Red,<BR> How's that dye job holding up? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> Where do you camp at in W VA? Do you have a lot of state parks?<BR> I'm thinking of going down along the WA/ORE border along the Columbia River.They have some nice places to camp,and pretty nice scenary.I have a conversion van I can sleep in,so I guess you can't call that real camping.<P> ~~Murph

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Murph,<BR>The hairs still red. Still looking pretty good. <P>The South Branch of the potomac River runs thru here so there are a lot of camp grounds along the river. Also you can rent lots for the summer. And we do have a lot of state parks and lakes that have camping areas.<P>It's not real camping unless you pitch a tent, build a fire to cook over, and are stiff and sore after a few days of sleeping with a rock under your back! LOL [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Red [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Red,<BR> You can rent lots for the summer? That's cool.Here you have to reserve ahead for a few days,or pray one will be open when you show up. I'm movin' over there! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> I still have a nice tent that we used up until a few years ago.Stbx didn't want to sleep in a tent anymore.I suppose I could dust it off.<BR> At my age,my back is sore after sleeping in my own bed! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> ~~Murph

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Murph,<P>In case you didn't notice, this chick fell asleep early last night! LOL LOL<P>I guess the lack of sleep caught up with me a little. I actually slept for 6 whole hours last night! <P>I must be getting old too cause sleeping on the ground for a few nights kills me! I'm sore for at least a week afterwards. BUT, it's one of the sacrafices I make since I'm not fortunate enough to have a camper or a van! LOL<P>Have a good day everyone!<P>Mitz/Jodie/Red [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Jodie/RHG,<BR> I did notice that you probably fell asleep.That's OK,I was right behind you.<BR> Did you have an action-packed day?It was cloudy this morning,but the sun came out around noon.I went to one of our zoos,and took in a food festival nearby.I sampled some different foods,then had strawberry shortcake.Gotta love that strawberry shortcake!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> ~~Murph/SSL [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Murph,<P>Action-packed?? You bet! One of the boys that I work with is spending the night. I took them to breakfast, went to the mall, and went swimming for a while at my mom's. They are now trying to see how aggravated I can get! LOL He's 21 and acts about 8.<P>So much for a peacful weekend! LOL<P>Red/Jodie/Mitz [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

D
D
Good Afernoon to All<P>First of all, I didn't mean to 'hog' the show friday afternoon as we neared the big 1k.<P>It just seems as though everyone else had deserted or fallen asleep.<P>When we got down to the final 4 and then #999 I honestly thought everyone would be rushing to post the 1,000th<P>But, if you will look at the time gaps between posts on friday...you will see I tried to give someone else a chance to be the 1,000th poster.<P>Oh well....anyway....<P>MURPH<P>Don't know if I can make it to Seattle anytime soon, so how about just "faxing" me the ice cream bars..ha!<P>By the way, by all your late night and early a.m. postings to Mitzi it looks like you were truly "Sleepless in Seattle" (ha! ha!)<BR>Mitzi and all!<P>I propose we keep this thread alive and shoot for 2,000 // What does everyone else think?<P>The big question is....can a guy from Seattle who doesn't understand blonde jokes find happiness with a soft spoken country girl from West Virginia?<P>On the lighter side....giving you all a break from blonde jokes...since I live in Texas, there is a tremendous rivalry between Texas and Oklahoma.<P>Both states are always fighting for 'bragging rights'<P>A millionare banker from Oklahoma challenged a millionare oil tycoon from Texas and said:<BR>"I own enough gold to build a solid wall 6' high around the entire state of Texas".<P>The Texan thought for a moment and then replied..."If I like it, I'll buy it"<P>I want to wish everyone here a wonderful and "SAFE" 4th of July.<P>Let's get everyone's vote/input about trying for 2,000<P>[censored] from Texas<p>[This message has been edited by [censored] (edited July 02, 2000).]

D
D
MURPH<P>From all your late night and early a.m. postings to Mitzi, it looks like you were truly...'Sleepless in Seattle'.<P>Ha! Ha!<P>[censored] from Texas

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hey D from T,<P>No problem at all with you winning the prize! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Just send me a few ice cream bars! LOL LOL<P>I want to shoot for 2000, if for no other reason just to see if MB can handle it! LOL LOL<P>I'm not too sure about the soft-spoken bit! LOL Yep, I'm a country girl and I'm from WV but I'm not too soft-spoken anymore. I was but now I speak my mind a lot more. (I now have the freedom to do so). <P>2000 here we come! LOL LOL<P>Mitz [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
[censored],<P>Murph's the only one who'll stay up late enough! LOL LOL All the others go to bed early. I don't get off work until 11pm EST and I hardly ever go to bed early. He keeps me company! LOL LOL<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

D
D
Hey Mitzi!<P>Tell you what....to save myself some postage, I'll have Murph 'fax' you one of the ice cream bars..<P>Mitzi...what is your story? Don't know if I am familiar with it (relating to marriage & divorce).<P>I'm with you.....if MB doesn't shut us down or blow up first; let's shoot for 2,000<P>Have a wonderful holiday!<P>D from T

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
[censored],<P>Mine is a long story! I've been married since 1989. Have 3 boys. My H started having an affair sometime last fall and left Dec. 23rd. Our divorce isn't final yet, but should be soon. <P>I'm glad I'm getting divorced. Don't get me wrong, I believe in marriage and the vows I took but my H didn't. He started being physically abusive 2 months after we got married (when I was 8 months pregnant) The only things he never did were break a bone or put me in the hospital. I have a couple of permanent injuries to my shoulder, back and leg because of it though. A textbook example of a battered wife!<P>For the first 2 1/2 months, I wanted him home. I just didn't know how to live without him and didn't think of my marriage as abnormal. After quite a bit of soul-searching and reading here at MB, I found out my marriage was anything but normal. I wasn't loved, honored or cherished. I was controlled. I look back now and wonder why I stayed but I guess there must have been a reason for it. I did get three beautiful sons from him. <P>I filed for divorce in March and we've had a hearing to determine child custody and support. Now we've reached a tentative financial agreement that I will sign just to get it over with. I someday want a real life and marriage. <P>I am doing so much better since he left. I'm doing financially better (I don't have to have beer money for him. He's an alcoholic) and I can pay all my bills. I even have money left over. I'm even stronger than before. Sure I went thru the depression, but I have mostly good days now. I have a job that I love ( my first job ever). And I don't regret anything that's happened so far. I'm one of the few that is better off without my spouse.<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Page 51 of 136 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 135 136

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 510 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation