Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 72 of 136 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 135 136
M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Gerri,<P>It does sound weird that you haven't met any of his family after a year. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Take Murph's advice, make a clean break, if that's possible.<P>Murph,<P>Super Slug??? LOL LOL LOL<P>Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>

Y
Y
Murph and Mitzi,<P>New you would both have advise. Thanks, clean break sounds good, but is hard to apply. <P>I think that he is probably ashamed of his crappy furniture and apartment. I live in a very large home and am pretty established. No he doesn't drive a metro, it is a Ford Explorer, just dreams of owning a convertible one day. About meeting his family. I have gotten notes from his mother. She bought us Phantom tickets. She hugged me when I picked him up to go to Europe, but that was a spur of the moment meeting, I don't think he was comfortable about it. His ex was a psycho and he seems protective of his parents. I have "never" been a psycho and I don't plan on being one, so Im not sure what he is scared of. I have not been available to make any future plans or whatever becaue my divorce has taken so long. I just feel like there is no spark and I want that. Is that too much to want? Are my expectations too high? After spending almost a month with him, does he just want his space? <P>Murph,<P>So do you snore too?LoL<P>Later alligators!<P>G

M
M
Gerri,<BR> <BR> OK,from a guy's perspective,maybe(and this is a maybe)he's a little intimidated by you?You have a big house,a nice car,a good job,etc.Perhaps he's put off by your success,and it hurts his self-esteem.<BR> Do you down-play your assets,or does he feel you're lording it over him?Just a thought.If his ex was a psycho,he's probably going to be on the defense,wouldn't you?? <BR> You sure you're not a psycho? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> Are your expectations high?That depends on how high or low you're willing to"settle"for.<BR>And you know(by now)how long that initial"spark"or passion really lasts,right?<P>Look for loyalty,integrity,stability,and a good sense of values in a person,not just if he rings your dinnerbell(IF you know what I mean!)<BR> A good sense of humor doesn't hurt,either.Keeps real life from getting you down. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> BTW,my stbx snored,for years!<BR> I don't think I do......<BR> Jodie,did I snore last night?<P> ~~Murph/SS

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Murph,<P>You snore all the time and VERY loud too!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Y
Y
Murphy,<P>Thanks for the grounding. My man has all of those things you speak of. He is loyal, stable and has a great sense of humor and that is what is so fun about him. He has been single for his whole life and is a bit more selfish than most. Only child and used to getting his way. But I am not willing to compromise some of my needs for affection and a good old fashioned romp in the hay. I try real hard not to make my house and car an issue in the relationship. I had to suffer alot of loss (both parents and my husband) to have what I have and that is nothing to be proud of. I could care less what he has and he knows it. So thanks for the advise and I will think on it.<P>Ger

M
M
Gerri,<BR> <BR> Your welcome....<BR> No charge this time for my advice,for what it's worth!<BR> Blank stares are still free!<P> Have a good week,enjoy this weather! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> <BR>Jodie,<BR> <BR>Eight states away,and you can still hear me snore? No wonder my stbx moved out!(had to clear that little matter up,so people don't get the wrong idea!)<BR> <BR>So what are you going to do when you actually SPEND THE NIGHT here!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> <BR>"Hide! Here comes Sheryl!"<P> Now we're in trouble!<P><BR> ~~Murph [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Murph,<P>I'm sleeping with earplugs, that's for sure!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL I've never heard anyone snore that loud! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Sheryl,<BR>He started it!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Um,Sheryl,<P> What I meant was,when Jodie comes to visit,hopefully my basement,where she'll be sleeping,and I'll be upstairs,well,er,my basement is pretty well insulated,so hopefully she won't hear my snoring from upstairs,where I'll be,plus what with all the spiders and rats scampering about,she won't be paying much attention to my snoring,from upstairs,where I'll be.........<P><BR> "Whew! That was close.Do you think she bought it?"<P><BR> ~~Murph [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Jodie?,<P> Are you still hiding behind the couch?<BR>I think she's gone,you can come out now....<P> I'm so embarrassed,I think I'll go hide under the covers!<BR> Let me know if you need that car loan!<P> Catch ya'll later......<P> ~~Murph/ [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Y
Y
Murph,<P>Didn't think my snoring question would get you into so much trouble. Just asked cause my daughter snores and I can hear her for miles. Im not sure of that basement of yours. Does it have running water? And I don't mean the kind on the floor. In reality it might even be better than the futon in my closet. Next time I need a blank stare Ill call ya. <P>Night Night all!<P>Gerri

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Murph,<P>I wasn't hiding! I fell asleep!! LOL LOL Thought you were in trouble didn't ya?!<P>Don't worry, I'm sure you would be the perfect gentleman! (Come on, play along!)<P>Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Jodie,<BR> You fell asleep?<BR>The night owl of the MB board?<BR> You expect me to believe that?<BR> I know you were really on the phone with that darn Drew,weren't you?Come on now,'fess up! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><BR> Gerri,<BR> Actually,my basement is pretty nice(nice and old).Stays cool down there.It has a bathroom with running water(toilet runs all the time).It also has a pool table,a TV,VCR,and a laundry room with extra food,and a microwave,and a big freezer for ice cream.<BR> <BR>I was only teasing about the rats and spiders.The ghost of the Woman in White scared them all away. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> The ghost of the Wailing Woman used to reside down there,but she finally shut up!<P>Well,time for my medication.I can't be hurting anyone today!You have a great day.Going to be another hot one.<P><BR> ~~Murph [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Murph,<P>Honestly I did fall asleep!! LOL Drew won't give me his home #!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] And besides that, he was gone for the weekend! LOL LOL<P>Stay cool today! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

N
N
Dear Mitz and Murph,<P>Look, it's like 116 degrees here and I'm a bit irritable... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>You two kids need to just get together, run down to Murph's basement, and see if you can live with the sleeping/snoring arrangements. I give you my blessings... but of course, only because you're letting me videotape the whole thing... since you insist that I won't make any money on the internet with it, then I guess I'll submit it to COPS and see what happens... Murph, you can't wear clothes so they have to put those blinking squares over your private boy parts, and Mitz, be sure to knock a tooth out and wear the ugliest daisy dukes and a halter top you can find, okay??? <P>I'll make money on you two yet! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Chap [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>

B
B
A group grope shot [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I'll take one of the guys! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I missed the party this weekend... my (%#*^*&@ phone has been out since Saturday morning early... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].<P>Gerri & Murph,<BR>It looks like I will probably be there about the 17-20 of Sept. I'm starting to get really excited about this trip... I'll be booking my tickets later this week (gotta get the Visa paid off first [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]), and then the hotels & cars this weekend. Gee.... where to stay.... a basement w/ spiders, rats & a ghost, or a closet???? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] The choices are endless! LOL LOL<P>Mruph,<BR>No, I don't belong to AAA or anything fun like that. I do have a SWA frequent flyer card.... after this trip I'll have at least 1 free ticket! (if I stop in Vegas on my way home I will have 2 freebies).<P>Mitz,<BR>Get a video camera and go play "Candid Camera" with the dimwit who is stealing the drugs. What a dope (no pun intended).<P>So, what color is your new car? (I know, but it's new to you isn't it? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]).<BR>I'm gonna make Murph take me to the beach when I get there. But getting me into a bathing suit is another matter... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Gotta get back to work... the Bosses (Mom & Dad) are taking me to lunch today, so I gotta get a few things done before then. I don't know what time I'll get home.... I'm gonna go celebrate 32 years of stunning glory! LOL LOL and almost a year of freedom... If I get home at a decent hour.... and my phone is working, I'll see ya'll tonight.<P>Smooches,<BR>Busty the Birthday Girl!<BR>

C
C
Wow!! The party was great - I think. I can't remember a thing. And I got home without my swim cap. Whoever found it, please send it to me. I'll reimburse you for the postage.<P>I want a copy of the grope picture of the boys - or is that men!

W
W
Hey All!<P>I'm Back!.......LOL.......I know,I know,you all missed me!......(NOT)<P>You guys sure do know how to keep a thread going!.......LOL<P>Mitz......just a little FYI......Drew wont give you his # bc he already gave it to me!<BR>(and just where do you think he spent his weekend???)JUST KIDDING! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>(your w/Mel anyway right????) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]: [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]: [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]:<P>Boy Murph,you really need to keep a better eye on that girl of yours! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>You all know that I am just kidding.... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Have missed you all and hope that things are getting better!<P><BR>Take it easy guys! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Party on!<P>Gina [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><P>------------------<BR>"If we deny love that is given to us,if we refuse to give love because we fear pain or loss,then our lives will be empty,our loss greater!"-----Anonymous----

M
M
Sheryl/Designated MB Chap'rone,<BR> <BR> You are lurking!Did you like that?<BR> We don't mess around as long as Sheryl's around! Don't think I'd like those blinking squares on my bod..... <BR> 116'? Where do you live again?(my memory serves me incorrectly) Here in WA,we think 85'is HOT!<P> <BR>BUSTY,HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> <BR>Thong bikinis are REQUIRED at my beach!<BR> I thought you said you looked like Pamela Lee Anderson? Or maybe that was Gina???<P> If you know anyone that belongs to AAA,you can get a WA tourbook from them that has all the room rates around here.It's a big help.<P> Didja hear? Mitz's is buying a Porsche 930 Turbo!She's gonna be the baddest Mom in town.<P> When do I get a ride,Jodie?<BR> Right after Drew? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> I'm staying out of that grope shot AND Gina's pool.This 46 yr-old bod just can't compete with all those young bucks!<P><BR> ~~Murph [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

B
B
Murph...<BR>Thanks! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Well, if Thong Bikinis are <B><I>REQUIRED</B></I>... I guess I won't be at <I>that</I> beach. Pam Anderson??? I don't think so! LOL I wish. LOL Well, not really... too much silicone!<BR>I'll check out the Seattle insider site... and a few hotel chain sites.<P>Mitz, <BR>Can't you keep Murph in line... he's trying to get me into a bikini! And a thong at that!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>I'm gonna go find some dinner... I'll be back later tonight.<P>Smooches,<BR>BTBG

W
W
Gee Wizz...I lay low for a few and all hell breaks loose....LOLOL<P>You kids need to calm down...you'll wake the neighbors for pete sakes...<P>Now where do I turn left to get to your house Murphy???<P>Isn't it near that Starbucks on the corner by the bank???<P>B

Page 72 of 136 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 135 136

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation