Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 113 of 136 1 2 111 112 113 114 115 135 136
C
C
OK, now you guys are really causing me to lose concentration. There's no way I can maintain a 90rpm spin with you all looking at/patting my bum. I haven't fallen off the rollers in a while, but I'm starting to lose my balance... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>How about instead of standing around watching me, we all go out for a ride? I could use some practice with my paceline technique. Nick & his all girl peleton?<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
WOW!!<P>I love it that the MEGA-THREAD has made a come-back!! I get so excited when I see that more people have posted!!<P>Riding a bike?? Sorry, sounds like exercise to me! I'll go along if you guys promise to go slow! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

S
S
Geez Nick, now you're going to start a catfight over who gets to ride...how shall I say this delicately...directly behind you for the best view....<P>Meow...meow...meow! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Lisa<P>PS - I just aired up my tires and put the sunscreen on...

H
H
Count me in. A good long ride sounds great. Mitzi maybe you could drive the support van, ya know to carry the beer and stuff for when we are done?

M
M
I haven't really read much of this thread, althought what I have read is pretty funny....at least what I can make of it. It's pretty cryptic in spots.<P>I just wanted to jump on the bandwagon and make MB Forum history by being part of what MUST be the longest thread...<P>Aloha,<BR>Mrs.O<BR>

C
C
Cool,<P>Mitzi can drive the sag wagon. There's lots of nice flat country just south of me. I'm thinking I nice little 20 miler with a picnic about halfway.<P>We can practice drafting & sprinting & after the ride practice post ride massages [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I'll bet I end up with the cutest group ride in Chesapeake [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again

H
H
As long as it isn't windy....I hate riding in the wind. Here in AZ we are spoiled by the gentle breezes.<P>Got my yellow SIDIs all polished up lets go!!!!

C
C
Wow, yellow Sidi's? me too, Bet mine are bigger though [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I'm hoping for little wind this weekend, but I check the weather channel before I ride so I can start off into the wind & hopefully finish with a tail wind...<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again

H
H
Oh, I'm jealous. No long rides for me with the kids. Maybe when we get a custody agreement figured out. <P>Right now my riding is done in the gym or out with the kids. We live close to open desert and go out adventure riding a bit. Problem is my little boy has no faith in my navigational skills and is afraid I will get us lost!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>

C
C
Hopeless<P>I take my son with me on my weekends. We usually head down to the beach for lunch so he can play in the sand & I can people (ok, girl) watch. It's not the best training in the world, but when we race, I practice alternanting mashing a big gear with spinning a small one. I'm learning all kinds of tips on sneaking little bits of training here and there [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] And I have to admit, my favorite rides are always with him.<P>When he was little he rode on a trail-a-bike. That was some serious hauling!<P>Well, I haven't heard back from any of the girls, so I guess I'll go out this afternoon by myself [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Nick,<P>20 miles on a bike?? Ok, I'll just drive along beside you all and shout words of encouragement! How's that sound?? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] And I'll haul the food for the picnic! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Hey! Post 2250! I should get ANOTHER prize!<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

C
C
I hate to tell you this Mitzi, but 20 miles is a tune-up. Next month I'm doing 150 in a weekend and in June I do my first cenury (100 miles) of the season [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>But the cycling team will definitely need a support van to haul the picnic & collect dropouts. I wonder if we can get a hot tub on a trailer for a post ride soak?<P><P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Ok, I'll be in charge of getting the hot tub too! Now I'm starting to feel important! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>How 'bout "after-ride" massages??<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

C
C
They tell me I have good hands. Do a decent job with a back rub. Think I could get a job in the support team. After all, I do have a bike but it has only two gears - go and stop - and it needs new tires since it hasn't been ridden in 25 years. I don't think I'd be an asset to the racing team. Unless they need a good woman with good hands. But I only want to deal with the nice guys.

C
C
Say this is starting to turn into quite a team. Now if I could just find a way to hire you all for the 150 next month. I'd be the envy of all the other riders [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>I can picture it now, matching jerseys, my team mates and I in a fast paceline, Mitzi & Cinderella in the sag van with the mobile hot tub, post tide festivities & massages. This is getting better & better!<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again<p>[This message has been edited by c00ker (edited April 20, 2001).]

H
H
Nick, Mitzi, Cinderella,<P>Sounds better all the time! Picnics, massages, hot tubs OH MY.<P>I went on a bike tour through CA wine country once. Was really fun. Riding from winery to winery. Good food, Good wine, Good fun.<P>

C
C
Nick, can we do that race from winery to winery? Good food, good wine, good looking gluets on those bikes. Sounds like Mitzi and I need to be there to provide support for the team. Who's sponsoring us?

C
C
OK, 20mph headwinds, snakes crossing the road, no gloves or water bottle, but it wasn't too bad. I <B>DID</B>, however, notice a lack of support from my team. Were you all just hanging back there admiring my new Pearl Izumis? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] So do they make my butt look big? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Cinderella, Virginia doesn't have too many wineries, we might have to take the tour out west for that one. How about Ireland? New Zealand? Heck if there's any fat tire cyclists, we could go to WV & do the Greenbrier trail. If I ever get my legs back we could always do Skyline Drive.<P>OK so much for an easy day. Tomorrow is a 40 miler. I sure hope the wind stays down. Do I have to lead all day again? My legs are awfully sore [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>You guys have a super weekend!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again<p>[This message has been edited by c00ker (edited April 20, 2001).]

H
H
Sorry Nick the wind was just too much for me. Besides I got distracted by the Izumis. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Fat tire cyclist, yes. Ireland, yes. New Zealand, YES. Canadian Rockies, YES. So much to do so little time to do it!! <P>Big is a relative term. Would you rather have a small flabby butt or a larger firm one? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Did I just say that?

C
C
Actually, I have what could only be termed a "micro" butt, small & tight. Actually it could probably stand to be a bit bigger, but I've never heard of exercises to increase fanny area [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Cool, I need some more fat tire partners too. Do I take this to mean you ride both fat AND skinny? Ireland is a ways off for me, but I am going to make it someday. My next big cycling adventure is going to be the Greenbrier in WV with my son, unless I win the lottery, meet a rich divorcee with a bicycle fetish,or get an outrageous job offer from VBT [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>It's 6am here & I'm pumping up my tires and trying to get ready to go out & punish myself some more. I know the view back there is enticing, but someone has to lead some & let me look at something nice too [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again

Page 113 of 136 1 2 111 112 113 114 115 135 136

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 783 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation