Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 114 of 136 1 2 112 113 114 115 116 135 136
H
H
Right now I only have fat tires but would like to get skinny soon as I am would like give duathalons a try. Can't swim efficiently enough to do tri's.<P>Firm is good. Like I said size is not the only factor. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>If you'd like to do some fat tire cycling I'll lead [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. Lots of good trails around here. <P>Divorcee (soon), bike fetish (well I don't allow it to sleep in my bed), rich (sorry) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. Oh well, two out of three ain't bad. Now where did I put that lotto ticket?<P>Hope you had a good ride, no flats, no road rashes and no head winds. As for me, my day is booked up with soccer games and dance rehersals. <P>Have a nice one.<P>

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hey Nick!<P>The Greenbrier Trail?? I've been to Southern WV and I know that has to be there. Everything down there is "Greenbrier Something"! LOL That's only about 3 hours from here! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Hope everyone has a good weekend!<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

C
C
Wow,<BR>What a great ride! About 40 miles of lightly travelled twisty roads in southern Chesapeake. And lots of single girls! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Quite a bit of wind however, so I came home with quads made of jelly [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>She doesn't have to have too much of a bike fetish. I don't sleep with mine, but I don't leave them in the garage either. Doesn't have to be wealthy either, just enough for some serious playtime! Airfare to New Zeland is a bit steep [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Mitzi, the Greenbrier river trail starts in Cass and follows the Greenbrier river (of course) all the way down to Louisburg. It's a rails-to-trails conversion and is a blast! We're going to stay in B&B's along the way. Then off to Hico to go white water rafting on the New river.<P>OK, tomorrow is only going to be 20. Any takers? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again

M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Nick,<P>I've been to Cass and Lewisburg several times. Had actually considered moving to Lewisburg. It's such a beautiful old town. And quiet too! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Never thought of riding a bike there though! LOL LOL<P>Gee, do I sound a bit lazy?? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

H
H
Glad to hear the Scenery was so nice on your ride! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>My morning was good as well. My S scored his first goal today!!!!! I was so proud!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Bet the exchange rate in NZ is pretty good though!<P>

C
C
Hmmm, I hadn't thought of the excange rate angle. I know it's good in Canada. Maybe a trip to Banff.... Or Utah, I've always wanted to ride the Moab. If I sold the house & Skootz & all my other toys, I could probably survive as a bike wrench out west for a few years....<P>Damn, I hate being an adult [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Oh well, it's late and I have to get out again tomorrow. I sure hope the wind decides to take the day off [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again

C
C
Well, if you want to go to New Zealand, tell your sponsor that you have to take the woman with the good hands. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Of all the countries I've visited, it's heads the list of most picturesque and is close to the top of the ones I'd love to visit long-term.<P>Besides, I can be your interpreter. Kiwis are harder to understand than Aussies. <P>And your jelly-like thighs might need some one to knead them. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Best wine I ever had was some Montana Marlborough Cabernet Sauvignon from there. Had it in Christchurch.<P>Did you know we have several wineries here in Middle Tennessee? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Hint - you could bring that tour here.

S
S
Geez, now everyone's making moves on my yardboy...Nick, I thought I had you lined up exclusively...bicycle built for two, I get the back seat (for the view) and you do all the peddling up the hills... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I just got back in from a co-ed volleyball tournament (tall men with egos)...all I can say is my competitive nature wouldn't let me play "girl" - I gave as good as I got - and I will be paying for it tomorrow...bruised forearms and all...I sure could use a shoulder rub (hint hint) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Lisa

S
S
It sent it twice...didn't know I felt so strongly [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].<p>[This message has been edited by soon2b_alone (edited April 23, 2001).]

C
C
Nick - you know you could ride your bike from town to town doing shirtless yardwork for single women and spread a lot of happiness across this nation?

J
J
Hey Nick,<P>I ride both fat tire and skinny, although I haven't been on either of mine in years. I came across a Bianchi road bike and then a Bianchi mountain bike that I couldn't pass up when I was in college. I put many miles on both riding around Lawrence years ago. Especially the trails along the river, those were a blast. The weather is getting a bit nicer around here, so I may have to tune them up and put them (and myself) to work. So tell me, how far should I be riding each day to get my sorry butt into shape? I need to exercise and always liked biking. Any thoughts?<P>When I was in Colorado last summer, we took full suspension mountain bikes down the blue/black ski runs at Winterpark. They sold us lift tickets and up the mountain we went, bikes in hand [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] (well, they were strapped to the lift, but you understand...) I actually did better on the bike in the summer than I did on the snowboard during the winter. Oh how I miss Colorado.<P>So when are you going to be in KC anyway? I still owe you a beer! <p>[This message has been edited by Jayhawk 93 (edited April 23, 2001).]

H
H
Okay, another fat tire rider. If we get many more I think we could organize a trip!!! <P>Jayhawk...I went to graduate school in Manhatten KS. Was in Larwence once. Thought it was a nice place. <P><BR>

C
C
Uh oh, I think I'm in trouble...<P>Lisa,<BR>I'd love to try a tandem. There's a tandem club out here and it looks like a fun way to tour. And I'd love to organize a bikt trip somewhere. Canada would be a blast! I'll have to do a lot yardwork.... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I'm thinking about joining a volleyball league out here. Sounds like a great place to meet aggressive girls. I think bruises & scars are sexy [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Cinderella,<BR>Hmmm a yard work tour? I'd rack up some major mileage on my way, not sure if I'd be in any condition for strenuous labor after pedalling across the country [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Sounds like a great way to work on my tan, though....<P>Jay,<BR>Long time no hear. I'd start out riding 3 or 4 days a week in about the 5-10 mile range and work up no more than 10% each week. Weight training helps to, especially squats. Start off with less mileage than you think you can handle and build up a base. It looks like I'm going to fly into Springfield vice K.C. since I'm going to be tight for time, but I'll let you know if that changes.<P>Well, I put in 70 this weekend, so I think I'm just going to tool around the neighborhood tonight. Anybody up for a dozen easy miles & steaks afterwards?<P>Take care & ride hard [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Did I really say that?<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again

S
S
Nick...tandem...yeah...that's a good word for it. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>A ride and then steaks? T-bones...with a little vino?<P>I'm soooooo there.<P> Oops...did I say that outloud?<P>Lisa

C
C
Well, actually, I marinated some NY strips & I'm going to break my no alcohol during the week rule and have a couple of glasses of a nice merlot I found, belive it or not, from Chile [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Well, I'm off to tour the neighborhood & blow on down to the park. No hills, but my Mt. Bike has been ignored all weekend so I'll take him out to play for awhile [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] The it's steaks, wine & hot tub. (after laundry & dishes. Can we talk trade, shirtless yard work for topless housework [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com])I think my saddle is getting harder [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again

C
C
dang, I hate it when I do that...<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again<p>[This message has been edited by c00ker (edited April 23, 2001).]

S
S
giggle giggle...tee hee hee...saddle's getting harder...that's a new one.<P>It's a deal - hope we don't get arrested (those nosey neighbors).<P>Lisa

C
C
Either the saddle's getting harder or my butt's getting softer [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Actually I fell pretty hard playing lazer tag at my son's birthday party and have a bruised glute. Never, EVER wear a white shirt to play lazer tag under black lights with a dozen homicidal 10 year olds [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] little @#%&!@*#'s kicked my butt [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I wonder if the wind is ever going to die down around here? Oh well, it adds training value, I supppose....<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again

B
B
UH HEEEMMMM........ EXCUSE ME.............<P>NEW ZEALAND??????????????<P>In the words of Pauline Hansen, our maverick politician over here,<P>PLEASE EXPLAIN..............

C
C
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bonnet:<BR><B>UH HEEEMMMM........ EXCUSE ME.............<P>NEW ZEALAND??????????????<P>In the words of Pauline Hansen, our maverick politician over here,<P>PLEASE EXPLAIN..............</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Uh oh. I think I'm in trouble. Again.<P><P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again

Page 114 of 136 1 2 112 113 114 115 116 135 136

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (doseedo, 1 invisible), 533 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation