Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#663867 06/06/00 09:12 AM
W
OP Offline
W
I have slept alone for 3 months, and have decided to go the D route.<P>Right now I just want to sleep with anyone.<BR>Has anyone else felt that, or is it just<BR>my release of hormones? or what?<P>I am missing the physical contact, what do I do?<P>thl<P>

#663868 06/06/00 10:09 AM
W
W
WIFTT,<P>Hey man,It is just me [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I have been sleeping now by my self for 2.<BR>I do feel the same way......I do have to say that it is nice in some ways that I have the bed to my self but than do miss snuggling up to my H.<P>When you say sleep w/someone......are you meaning in the sexual way?........just the close contact of physical closeness...ie,cuddling/snuggling and so on?<P>Or it could be all of the above.Well,I guess it really doesn't matter,or at least for me it doesn't.I do miss all of it.(2m,gosh I hate to see what it will be like say in 3 or 4).......UGH!.....LOL<P>I will tell you that the most that I miss is the closeness that you feel in eachothers arms.The soft and tender kisses.....<sigh><BR>gosh,I miss that actually more than sex,just to sit and kiss.(I think back to our just begining dating days....we could "make-out" for hours.)Ha,......I do miss that!<P>O.k......thanks,Thl,for making me totaly depressed......(just kidding [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com])It is nice to think about.<P>Gina<P>

#663869 06/06/00 11:35 AM
W
OP Offline
W
BOTH WAYS!!!!!!!<P>I need a two week, traveling vacation with a female companion or I am going to go CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] <P>All emotions rolled into one.<P>thl

#663870 06/06/00 11:58 AM
W
W
Thl,<P>I do understand!<P>I could tell you what I do for the hormonal release......but I am affraid that I would be a little too embarassed and it takes a lot to do that.LOL [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]..........as to the emotional togetherness of the closeness,well,unfortunalty that will always be there! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I know that it is cliche` to say but what about a "Cold Shower"????....sorry,just had to say it.I know,I am not helping.......<P>I honestly do not know how you guys do it???<BR>I really don't.<P>If you feel that it is o.k. for you to find a commpaion to go a vacation w/then I say more power to ya!.....I for my self couldn't do it........(I could probably go out,just buds,friends kinda thing just to have fun.but far as the physical sence,I have never been able to do "that" just for the sake of it.)I supose that is a difference between female/male.....or maybe just me.<P>It actually scares me to death to think about being w/someone else (of that nature)I have been w/my H for my whole adult life.<BR>(19-34)......and for me it is more the aspects of my physical apearence.(I have lost weight,15p.I could stand to loose at least 5 or maybe 10 more.....)I think that I look alright,ya,I look pretty good w/close on.......but in a bathing suit or off...UGH,trust me it is not a pretty sight.<P>Oh well,I know that it will be awhile before I have to worry about that.<P>I do want and miss very much the friendship,commpaionship of going out dancing,playing volleyball,skating,swimming,and all that kind of thing.<P>"Conversation"........."Recreational Com."<BR>I am one happy camper!!!<P>I just hope that someday I will find someone that likes the same things!...<<<sigh>>>><P>A girl can dream. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Gina<P>

#663871 06/07/00 12:04 AM
O
O
I smiled when I read your message because I can related completely. Right after I split up, I started thinking, "I wonder how many men I can sleep with this month". I never went through with it because to tell you the truth, I'd be too afraid of catching something. And after thinking things through, I realized that it wasn't so much sex that I was missing, it was companionship. Cuddling on the couch, walking hand in hand, or just having someone to laugh with.<BR>In all honesty, I don't know if what you're going through is normal, but it seems as if alot of us are in the same boat. I really wish I could tell you what to do, but unfortunately I have absolutely no idea.<BR>Best of luck to you. Take care.

#663872 06/07/00 12:14 AM
W
W
On My Own,<P>Hey,at least I am not the only one!Yeah. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I also miss the cuddling,walking hand in hand.Even just lying together in eachothers arms talking,laughing and playing.I love wrestling,tickling,kissing.....O.k.now I am depressed again.......<<<<<<sigh>>>>>>><P>We need to get more on here......I would bet that it is a physical thing for the guys and an emotional thing for the girls.......<P>What do ya think????????<P>Gina<P>

#663873 06/06/00 07:10 PM
W
W
Hey Thl,<P>Just wanted to check to see if you are feeling better????<P>Did you get your cold shower?????? O.k.I'm sorry had to ask! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]......LOL<P>Hope your doing better!<P>Gina [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 144 guests, and 215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T
71,842 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation