Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#663904 06/06/00 08:08 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Not sure if this is the correct forum. Just want to vent and get any advice. After 4 years of marriage (total 10 yrs together) and<BR>2 kids. My husband and I are separated. He says that I am controlling and he wants to be the "man" of the household. I admit that I have used LBs over the years(and recently) and that we never had the policy of joint agreement. I would state what would be done. He would not say anything, so I went on ahead with whatever plan I had in mind.<BR>Last December, I suspected that he was having an affair or had an affair with a co-worker. I found her phone numbers in his cell phone logs. The separation was kicked off (May 6) because she called our house on<BR>May 5 and he played dummy. He told me in December that he would not talk to her and that she was just a friend. But that has not happened. Of course, I don't trust anything he says now. Even during our separation he continues to talk to her and lie to me about talking to her. He has not admitted to having an affair.<P>Our kids( 6 yrs and 2 yrs) seem to be adjusting fine to Daddy not living with us.<BR>As each day passes, I am not sure if I am willing to work things out with him, I have gotten the phone number for a divorce lawyer<BR>(haven't called yet however) <P>I know that I have not done what I could do to meet his emotional needs. However I would try but he wasn't accepting. He would try and I wasn't accepting. So here we are.<P>We both agree that we need counseling.. but<BR>sometimes I don't see the point when he can't even tell me the truth now that we are apart.<P>Thanks for listening.

#663905 06/06/00 08:59 PM
N
NSR Offline
N
If the MB concepts make sense to you...<BR>...and you decide it is worth saving your marriage...<P>I would recommend that you have a couple of <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi7200_phone.html" TARGET=_blank>telephone counseling sessions</A> ($85US a pop... but well worth it) with <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi7010_about.html" TARGET=_blank>Steven W. Harley</A> or Jennifer Harley. Check out the <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi7000_counsel.html" TARGET=_blank>Counseling Center</A>... and for some specifics... <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi7015_fee.html" TARGET=_blank>Fees for Counseling Services</A> and <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi7020_sched.html" TARGET=_blank>Scheduling an Appointment</A>!<P>Having an unbiased third party is very helpful... once reconciliation is sought.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

#663906 06/06/00 10:44 PM
R
RWD Offline
R
I would have to agree with Jim. If you both decide to reconcile, then I think counseling would be the best place to begin. They can be used to find the "root" cause of the problem and work on creating a solution instead of how most people only work on the "symptom."<P>Best of luck and God's Blessings.<P>Bob

#663907 06/11/00 12:32 AM
G
G
Hi,<P>I also agree with Jim. If you agree with the principles outlined on the MB website, then contact them for counseling. I've called Jennifer Harley, and she is good. I'll let you know if the counseling can save my marriage in a future post.<P>Be strong for you and your children. You're not alone.<P>Wish you the best of luck,<BR>Andrew

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (anchorwatch, bb1471, 1 invisible), 654 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation