Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
OP Offline
G
Dear companions,<P>First and foremost, I want to thank all of those who spent time to offer me advice and encouragement, in particular NSR (Jim) and Popeye...<P>You all are right about Love. It's worth being patient for and fighting for.<P>I had to fly out to my W's state to discuss issues of child custody and jurisdiction last Monday. I decided to back down and not fight for the kids, hoping my W will see that I truly care for her and the children. I also have been attending counseling sessions with Jennifer Harley-Chandlers, reading "Give and Take", and absorbing all the info on this MB website. I purchased books for my wife and gave them to her as presents. She says she appreciates all my efforts to change into a better person for her and our children. <P>It was a miracle. Throughout the mediation process on Saturday, my wife agreed to reconciliation and giving the marriage another shot. She agreed to dismiss her filing for separation and divorce. We constructed a post-nuptial agreement to take care of the child custody in case reconciliation doesn't work. <P>After Saturday, things went so smoothly. We laughed, cried, spent time together, and were very affectionate towards each other. We even spent all of Sunday evening together. I couldn't believe how receptive she was! <P>The W is not ready to return to my home state yet because she wants to make sure both of us are making positive changes in ourselves before diving back into the same house. I agree. But she is planning to return later this year! For now, we're splitting airfare to fly out once a month for 1 week at a time so that we both can be with the kids and spend time together.<P>The MB website, counseling, books, and your replies/posts have made the world of difference in my life. It's helped me to see so clearly my faults as an individual and H. It's helped me to learn what I need to do in order to setup a plan for change. <P>Thank you all again, and I'm sure I'll post later because this is only the beginning of a new and unknown road of reconciliation. I'll have to come here to vent and for support when things are not going as smoothly as planned. Yikes!%@$$! I must squelch my angry outbursts at all costs because this was the #1 element that destroyed my W's love for me.<P>Andrew

K
K
Great post to see! I hope that things work out for you...<P>Hang in there--<P>Kathi

N
NSR Offline
N
Andrew,<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Pretty soon you'll be in the <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=31&SUBMIT=Go" TARGET=_blank> In recovery</A> forum.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

D
D
Good luck and hope it all works out. It would still be nice to hear that not all of us wound up divorced.<P>Dana<BR>

W
W
I thank God for hearing posts like this. This is so wonderful for you. A part of me wishes the same thing would happen for my marriage, and it hurts to know its very unlikely. I'll add a prayer for you and your wife tonight.<P>This has really brought tears of happiness to my eyes.

S
S
your post brought tears to my eyes also.It is a miracle!Good luck to you and your W.soon2bx

R
RWD Offline
R
Guy,<BR>Great news!!!! Keep up the good work, we all know you can do it.<P>Bob

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 522 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation