Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
OP Offline
W
Hi Family,<P>Sorry I haven't poated in a while...<P>My life today is better than it ever has been, in spite of this terrible experience of infidelity...<P>Robin is still with LRB [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ...oh well ...she is frikken miseable...LOLOL<P>Abbey is adjusting very well....thank God.<P>As for me my life is filled with extreme grattitude. I no longer feel the searing pain from R's cheating and ultimately leaving. I thank God everyday for the people in my life that told me I will be ok It is so true friends, we will be ok with ourselves after all this. I must do the footwork involed though...which I am continueing to do. I pray, go to meetings and have been developing relationships with friends.<P>I know my future is bright because I want it to be. Pain is inevitable, misery is a choice. I truly believe this, because I have experienced it first hand. I also know that I am in God's care. Thank you [censored] for the reminder.<P>A month ago my FIL stayed with me and gave me the hope I was looking for. I will have the family I desire, I will find a woman willing to go the distance and I will never take for granted a loving careing wife.<P>For those who feel like all is lost without thier STBX's remember another person can't make us happy that can only come from within. Until I can honestly accept myself defects and assetts will I be able to love me. God loves me in spite of myself and who am I to contredict that. I have learned to take care of myself, I am getting physicly, mentaly, spiritualy, and emotionaly fit. I will admit to being lonely and horney at times (I haven't had my ashes hauled in 10 months) but other than that I am very much ok in my own skin. Life is way too short to depend on another for my happiness.<P>I am so grateful to have you folks in my life today, your holding my hand through this has helped immensely in the healing process. Thank you.<P>My lack of posting is because my life is so full today I haven't time to do much besides lurk and reply now and again.<P>I just want you all to know that I see the other side of this and I like what I see.<P>I love Each of you very much.<P>Bill<P>------------------<BR><P>May the roads rise to meet you,<BR>May the winds always be at your back,<BR>May the sun shine warm upon your face,<BR>The rains fall soft upon your fields,<BR>And until we meet again,<BR>May god hold you<BR>In the hollow of his hand.

R
RWD Offline
R
Bill,<P>You sound like you are where I am at. If I didn't have to deal with my x, I think my life would be satisfactory.<P>May God continue to Bless us all.<P>Bob<P>------------------<BR>"You can't always get what you want! But if you try real hard,you might just find, you get what you need!"<BR>Mick Jagger

D
D
Bill,<P>It was a long hard road, but eventually, we'll make it. Each of us at a different pace and each of us with a different amount of strength.<P>I haven't been posting as much either, but I am checking in from time to time. Its funny when your life resumes, you sit there and think,...what did I do BEFORE the affair? What did I talk about with my friends, what books did I read, what were my goals?.<P>The affair has a way of ripping all your dreams, trust and comfort right out from under you. It isn't easy, but we all pull through eventually.<P>Don't lose sight of your new dreams. Accept the comfort and peace you feel right now and be thankful, because for how you feel, you will trust again.<P>To Bob: Satisfactory?? Sending prayers for better.<P>Dana<BR>

R
R
Bill,<P>Hey, Friend! What a FANTASTIC post!!!!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>I absolutely see so much growth! You have finally made it over the hump and I can <BR><B>feel</B> the sense of peace that has come back into your life, just from reading your post.<P>Dana, your post was wonderful, too. We all have been through such a horrible experience, but then we become living testaments that there is peace, contentment and happiness after tragedy. It just takes that dreaded time thing, and the time thing is different for each of us as we are all individuals.<P>Bill, keep working on finding and appreciating all the beauty, love and happiness in the life you have right now. God does not abandon us in our times of need. He has put all the resources for recovery into your life and you have begun to recognize and tap into those resources. Most of them are right inside of you, but others are the external supports He puts in all of our lives.<P>I am so happy that you are having less time to post and it is because you are too busy doing other things. That is great. That means that you need this support forum less. You need this less becuase you have grown stronger and more confident in yourself. GREAT WORK!!!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Continue to enjoy your life and your beautiful daughter. You have an abundant fountain of joy just from Abbey, alone. God bless....<P>Desiree <P>------------------<BR>"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things in which smiles and kindnesses and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort."<P>Sir Humphry Davy<BR>

N
N
Hey Friend of Mine!!!<P>Just dropping by to offer my support and say that you are one amazing, wonderful man.<P>Have fun with Abbey, and continue to find strength in all that God provides!<P>Also, I so agree about not hanging here as often... gee, I thought I'd never pull myself away from here... nearly a year ago I was here about 10 hours a day! I'm happy to have found something that resembles a life too!<P>Take care,<P>Sheryl

S
S
aaaaaaahhh.......william......<P>(((((((((((bill))))))))))))))<P>you, my friend, have grown oh so very much...<P>and all the points you have made ring true...<P>everyone needs to take care of the person inside of them before they can take care of anybody else...this includes our children even...<P>you are so there.<P>you will go on to have an amazing life because you are an amazing PERSON...look at all the work you have done...and all the pain that you have turned into growth and experience...<P>aaaaaahh...william.....<P>i love you.<P>here's a cyber hug for now....you get the real bear one in aug. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><BR>for you, I'll post.<P>Dylan<P>------------------<BR>"The journey into darkness has been long and cruel, and you have gone deep into it."<BR>~ A Course in Miracles

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
William, <P>I am so glad you are still posting, and that your life is going well....one day Robin will realize what a wonderful person she had....<BR><P>------------------<BR>Susan

P
P
Hi Brother,<BR> Glad to hear you're doing so well on the "other side" I just got to the OTHER other side last week. D was final Friday the 7th. W (oops) exW married OM on the 15th (yesterday) as far as I know. Yes it hurts. But, this post is about the GOOD that came out of this nightmare right? Well, here's mine.<BR> I have received the single GREATEST gift I ever have. A BEAUTIFUL HEALTHY GRANDSON JACOB 5 months ago (I'm a little young for this BUT that just means we can enjoy each other longer!!) Funny thing is my X hardly sees him through the fantasy. <BR> <BR> AND the PAIN drove me right back into my God's mighty arms and I became a Sunday school teacher for the 6 & 7 year olds at my church. <BR> The LOVE, almost PURE love, I feel for, and from these wonderful children is one of the gifts that has helped me when things got the hardest.<BR> Sometimes just the look in their eyes when the first see me is the greatest feeling I've EVER felt. That look of trust and admiration. WOW, I get choked up just thinking about it. <BR> It's like God has given me a "peak" into what HIS love for me feels like. Love DOES come from the most unexpected places.<BR> <BR> I also have my own business now and the freedom is great.<P> And last but CERTAINLY not least, the incredible people I have met right here on this board. It really would have been IMPOSSIBLE and I mean IMPOSSIBLE to get through this without all of you. To share this most intimate nightmare and to care sooooo much about ME a total stranger. Incredible!!!!!!!!<BR> So, if I could "Turn back the clock" to BEFORE this started would I??? I'd have to REALLY think about that now. <BR> I'm not so sure I could give up the above blessings so easily!!!! Weird huh? God Bless you and your's (and maybe those to be your's again??? ) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] good luck & prayers Frank<p>[This message has been edited by PLEASE HELP (edited July 17, 2000).]

W
OP Offline
W
Hi All,<P>I will reply to each of you individualy tonight.<P>Bill<P>------------------<BR><P>May the roads rise to meet you,<BR>May the winds always be at your back,<BR>May the sun shine warm upon your face,<BR>The rains fall soft upon your fields,<BR>And until we meet again,<BR>May god hold you<BR>In the hollow of his hand.

S
S
Bill,<P>I think of you almost daily. I'm happy that you've found an inner strength that allows you to see a bright future and to pursue that end. While it is true that in some cases a person goes way astray to become someone no one ever knew or would want to know that they were. It is also true that when this happens, the person that shared their life in disguise is also awakend and released. <P>You have a new freedom, and you've chosen to embrace it. I'm happy for you.<P>SamH

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (3 invisible), 281 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation