Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Murphy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hey Gang,<P> They rushed my Dad into intensive care last night.He was having chest pains,and high blood-pressure.They ran some tests,and found some clogged arteries,and pinched veins.<BR> <BR>They did some surgery on his arteries,and are still checking out his heart today.I'm taking my Mom up to see him tonight.He'll be staying at the hospital a few more days.I'll probably be helping her out the next few days,as their house is sold,and they need to be out by the end of the month(great timing,huh?).<BR> <BR>Maybe you could say a little prayer for him,even though they say he should be OK.<BR>So,if you don't hear from me that much the next few days,I'm really not ignoring you!<BR> <BR>Thanks;You guys and gals are the greatest!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> Catch you all later......<P> ~~Murph<BR>

W
W
Hey Murph,<P>I got to my brother's house and now just got on line.........(Web TV too cool!!)<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I found this post,and thought that I would responsed!<P>I am so sorry to hear about your dad!<P>My thoughts and prayers are w/you and your family!<P>Take it easy and let us know how he is doing......when you get a chance!<P>Big Hugs!<P>Gina [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><P>------------------<BR>"If we deny love that is given to us,if we refuse to give love because we fear pain or loss,then our lives will be empty,our loss greater!"-----Anonymous----

W
W
Murph,<P>hang tough buddy, if he got to the hospital within the golden hour, then he has a lot to be thankful for.<P>The doctors can do wonders these days, unbelievable stuff. <P>You and your dad will be in my thoughts.<P>thl<BR>

B
B
Hey Murphy!<P>Just wanted to pass along my thoughts for your dad too! I have been through stuff like this with both my parents, and I know it is hard, but just hang in there okay!<P>Take it easy and I will keep him, your mom and you in my prayers!<P>Hang in there buddy! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Drew!<P>Gina...HI baby doll. it is good to hear from you! Drive safely back home okay [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

R
RWD Offline
R
Hey Murph,<BR>You and your dad are in my prayers.<BR>Bob

T
T
I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. My thoughts are with you.

M
M
Murph,<P>You and your family are in my prayers. Take care of your mom!<P>Jodie [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Y
Y
Murphy,<P>Hope things are going well w/your dad. I will say a prayer for you and your family. It is strange how everything always hits at once, life wouldn't be life if we didn't get slammed w/life stresses all at once. Hang tough and I know you will be a great support for your mom? <P>Ger

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Murph, <P>I will be thinking of you and your family today...THL is right,they can do wonders now days!!<P>------------------<BR>Susan

C
C
You and your family will be in my prayers today. It does seem that "when it rains, it pours". It sounds like you're going to be busy. Don't forget to take care of yourself. Get some sleep and eat decently - I, myself, have trouble doing those when I'm stressed out and those are the instructions I get from everyone around me at times like you're having right now.<P>------------------<BR>JMJ

H
H
I'll send some words of encouragement too -<P>that was my dad 20 years ago. If your father was treated in time, it is possible there was no, or minimal heart damage - my dad lost about 60% of his heart. <P>After he came home, he began a heart-healthy diet, exercising and eating right, you wouldn't know he had surgery - he was "normal" even with only 40% heart function - he would still be as active today, if he had not had another heart attack on a cruise ship (warning!!! they have NOTHING for a heart attack on a cruise ship - can you believe it? with all the old people???) and had to suffer through it - that is the one that changed things.<P>My prayers are with you, your family, and especially your mother.

D
D
{{{{Murphy}}}<P>Sending big hug and lots of prayers to you and for your family. <P>Dana<BR>

711 Offline
My prayers are with you!

M
Murphy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks,Gang,<P> I do believe your prayers worked!<BR> <BR>I'm bringing him home tomorrow(Sat).He says he feels a lot better.He just has to watch his diet(none of Murph's ice cream bars).<P>He really is in good shape for 77.Still swims several laps at the pool every week.He was in the state championships in college,and did a stint as a lifeguard.<P>That's why I got thrown in the water when I was young,learned to swim,and not really afraid of the water.He taught me how to swim like a porpoise under water,and do three full laps without coming up for air(well,that was when I was"younger"!).<P> Yeah,he's really been there for me through this divorce thing,and has helped me gain perspective.My stbx was like a daughter to him(met her at his store when she was 19),so this has been real hard on him,too.<P> Thanks again for your support. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> ~~Murph<BR>

W
W
Hey Murph,<P>I am soooo glad to hear that your Dad is doing better!......that is so great!<P>It has got to be tough to have to go through this.......(I can't even imagine that w/my Parents!).........<P>I do hope that you are taking care of your self as well,make sure that you are taking extra vitamins and at least trying to get some sleep!<P>We are all thinking about you!<P>You take it easy.......and will still say some prayers!<BR>(How is Mom doing?.....she making it through ok?)<P>Gina [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>"If we deny love that is given to us,if we refuse to give love because we fear pain or loss,then our lives will be empty,our loss greater!"-----Anonymous----

M
Murphy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hey Gina,<P> You still up?<BR> You naughty girl,you!<P> Yeah,my Mom was pretty shook up.She really depends on him.Married over 50 years,guess I won't break that record!<BR> Yep,been taking my vitamins.Trouble is,if I take too many,even those old women at Boeing start to look good!<P> ~~Murph [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

W
W
Murph,<P>Yep!......I am still up!...LOL<BR>I have been staying up later the last couple of days!....LOL<P>That would be tough to have to deal w/this after being w/someone for so long!......and dont worry,you will go the distance w/someone some day!<P>I know what you mean about the vitamins!<P>I haven't taken any in a while and boys are looking good to me!..(Sad I know!)<BR>I don't want any boys though!.....want a older man!......LOL<P>My hormones are a racing and I honestly don't know how you men do it!.....LOL<BR>(my pig has been coming out lately!)<BR>LOL<P>I leave tomorrow to go back home,and I knwo that I should get some sleep,but I am really not that tired!<P>Gina [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

W
W
Murph,<P>how's your Dad? I just finished a major cancer scare, and operation in my dad.<BR>Luckily, my mom is a nurse who doesn't take<BR>any crap from doctor's offices, etc.<P>So far so good hear, hope everything is well with your dad.<P>As far as the miracles they can do today,<BR>there are many.<P>My dad is 76, and he has had a heart attack,<BR>and he was in the test group for the blood thinning drugs of today. Minor muscle damage. Runs in the family [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>He has had some spinal clean out for the nerves to his legs.<P>He has had clogged arteries in his neck<BR>cleaned.<P>He just got 1/3 of his colon removed for colon cancer, runs in the family [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>has not spread though.<P>Don't give up and use the web for any research to educate yourself on the most<BR>relevant topics. There's a wealth of information out there.<P>take care, and let us know how he is.<P>thl<P><BR>

B
B
Murph,<BR>I'm a little late, but my thougths & prayers are with you & your family. <BR>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>Dawnetta

C
C
So glad your dad is doing well. Affirmatively answered prayers.<P>My dad died 15 or 16 yrs. ago. Unfortunately, we never had a good relationship. My mom, on the other hand, is still with us. She's really been there for me through my divorce and subsequent recovery. I do not know what I would do without her.<P>Again, I'm really glad to hear the good news. Keep taking care of yourself. I know you'll have your hands full with their impending move.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 594 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation