Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#667292 08/16/00 09:05 AM
R
OP Offline
R
Well good morning everyone. I don't have to go to work today so here I sit typing.<P>Responses welcome - pro and con.....<P>I withdrew $$ for support payment (not yet set by court but will be by the end of the week) from our joint account. I knew my H's direct deposit was coming in and I wanted to make sure that <B>I</B> got the $$. Needless to say, he was very upset with me and claimed that it was not my $$ to withdraw.<P>So, the question is....should I have waited for him to give me the $$ and have I just made things worse? I really feel that I would have gotten a pittance if I had waited - actually I know it - in the past I've always let it slide when he felt he couldn't come up with the full amount. He felt I should have asked him.....Poor H, he has bills to pay and has to find a new place to live (whine, whine, whine). My feeling is that he chose the big nasty over his wife and kids and shouldn't get off so easy. I've already helped him reduce his credit card debt - to my own detriment.<P>So, what do you think? <P>Darn, I forgot to request notification by email ---- guess I'll just have to check back every so often....<p>[This message has been edited by RCoaster (edited August 16, 2000).]

#667293 08/16/00 09:52 AM
R
OP Offline
R
Up to the top<P>Maybe someone will respond?

#667294 08/16/00 10:14 AM
M
M
Claire,<P>It's my understanding that if it's a joint account, you can take all the money out if you want. At least it's like that here in WV. If H doesn't like it, then he needs to have his name taken off the account and open up his own. Don't worry about it, legally you should be ok.<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#667295 08/16/00 10:20 AM
W
W
It does seem somewhat vengeful.<BR>I don't know how long you've been separated or divorced, but it's probably time to get separate bank accounts.<P>But, you're well within your rights to take money from your account especially if you're contributing to it as well.

#667296 08/16/00 04:03 PM
R
OP Offline
R
I know that I'm well within my legal rights. I could have taken everything out of the account for that matter. I do have my own account - Thank goodness.<P>I shouldn't be feeling guilty for just trying to make sure I can pay the household bills - but I do feel guilty in a way. Probably because he knows how to manipulate me - he's very good at it and that's part of the reason why I'm actually glad he is no longer living here.<P>This will be our - what - 5th time that he's moved out? something like that. That's part of my other problem -- I feel really stupid for letting him back into my life that way over and over again. Oh, well, this time I really learned from my mistakes.<P>

#667297 08/16/00 04:38 PM
R
RWD Offline
R
Claire,<BR>I think what you did was right. When my x left me and found an apartment she took money from our joint account. When I closed out the<BR>account she was mad and said her lawyer said that wasn't a good thing to do. I divied it up equally to be fair.

#667298 08/16/00 04:42 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks RWD, I'm trying to be as fair as possible. The only problem is his idea of fair doesn't exactly mesh with mine.<P>Your name is Bob - sorry it didn't click from RWD to Bob, I'll do better next time. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<p>[This message has been edited by RCoaster (edited August 16, 2000).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (DaisyTheCat2), 683 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation