Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#667683 08/21/00 10:58 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Stbx came over to pack some more things up for the move and to do a spread sheet for our (duh-da-duh) debt. Something I made him do, because I honestly don't know what kind of bills he ran up with OW - except that I knew they were pretty high. Ugh.<P>The worst part was he kept invading my space. Getting <B>way</B> too close for my comfort. So, I'd move back a step or two, or turn around and walk away. When he was getting ready to leave I had to actually turn my back on him because I thought he was going to try to (gasp) hug me [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] This is the last thing I want from him after bailing him out and his going straight to OW. Get a Clue!!! (Okay, I think I was talking to myself there about getting a clue)<P>Just wanted to start another thread because I'm always afraid now that I won't get my reply in quickly enough.

#667684 08/21/00 11:08 PM
M
M
Oh, you made me LOL!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> *You* think the personal space invasion is bad... I'm up one on ya:<P>I used to get physically ill, when watching me xH eat! Truely. I would just completely lose any appetite I had.<P> Sounds like he is checking to see if he managed to burn a bridge... he needs you to bail him out in the future, I guess... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> I hate it when they play head games!<P>Hugs for ya((((RC))))) and tell him to stay outta your personal space! ~OR~ You could just blow chunks on him [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] That would teach him! lol<P> Take care,<BR>~~Mynabird

#667685 08/21/00 11:21 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Mynabird - <P>Too true!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Chunks after a spaghetti dinner - or how about Meatloaf with loads and loads of green olives as an appetizer?<BR>Okay, sorry, the visual is almost too much for me.<P>Me, I just have problems eating, period. I know......make myself do it. <P>You're right, he's trying to see if <B>this</B> time the bridges are burned. Well, burned and rotted and already dust! I just want him to get his move over with so that if I see him it will only have to be for those few minutes when he picks up the boys.<P>The more I think about it, the angrier I am becoming. Got to let it go, Got to let it go........my new mantra (never really had one before, but I like the thought of having one). Maybe my new mantra should be: Got to let him have it with both barrels........<P><BR>

#667686 08/21/00 11:34 PM
M
M
Lol, just make sure you only give him both barrels in fantasy land. I have a little mantra of my own... <P> ~Never let 'em see you sweat~<P> Just act like he just isn't worth the aggravation... believe it or not, eventually you will really feel that way. Right now, you are going into the "hate mode" (just a teensie bit [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ). Yes, you *are* entitled to feel that way!<P> Just don't ever let him know that he is getting under your skin. <P> BTW~~ Ever see what oreo cookies look like when your precious little ones get sick? Whoa!!!! eeeeeewwwwwww! I just gave myself the heebie-jeebies!lol<P>~~Mynabird

#667687 08/22/00 12:04 AM
R
OP Offline
R
Oh, 'hate mode' you betcha!! and not just a teensy bit at the moment. dshew - uh, oh, kitten on the keyboard [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] sorry......<P>No, won't let him know he's getting to me with the leaning in too close phooey. And that's what it is.....phooey (or some other four letter word for poop) I meant both barrels in the <B>legal</B> sense. Not literally......although a friend of mine did tell him (before she even knew about any of his last antics) that she was coming after him and that he'd been forewarned. Not seriously either......but when she found out about the latest escapades she had to laugh. I'm not the only one in hate mode. Gosh, I do have friends and it drives stbx nuts.

#667688 08/22/00 12:44 AM
M
M
The best "revenge" is living well! Lol!<P> Especially when you have friends to lean on. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Oh, I knew what you ment about the barrels bit, I was just thinking about not losing your cool in front of him. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Oh, but sometimes the idea of a 2x4 across the jaw is nice. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Bad Myna, Bad!<P> Isn't amazing what a little humor can do for your spirits?<P> Okay, here's one for ya... next time he gets all cozy, excuse yourself... go get a mouth-full of thousand island dressing (I swear, it looks like the real thing!). Let him approach to try and make a move. Then, make some nasty retching sound, bend over, and let the dressing *fall*(can't spit it, he'll know that sound isn't puking sounds) out of your mouth, onto his shoes. Don't do it right on his chest, because he'll smell the dressing, and know he was duped.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Bwaaaaa~hahahahahahahahahahahaha<P>Sheesh, I have waaaaay to much time on my hands! Lol!<P>~~Mynabird

#667689 08/23/00 12:35 AM
D
D
{{{{{{{{{{{{RC}}}}}}}}<P>looks like our ex's are on the same level, only mine is a little more off his rocker than yours.<P>Mine forced a kiss on me and tried to force a little more. Unfortunately for him, I'm good at leg locking someone's head until they can't breathe, which is precisely what I did.<P>I think some of it is confusion. Some of it, maybe a test on their part, and some of it, pure hormones. Either way, its repulsive and I was so grossed out , I went to take a shower. UGhhhh<P>Believe me, chunks, don't come close to describing it!!!<P>Dana<BR>

#667690 08/23/00 12:56 AM
B
B
Hey Golfing Buddy!<P>Myna is right.... the best revenge is living well! I now have a new car, a hot tub, and can afford to fly off for a weekend if I feel like it, and it drives my X NUTS! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I love it!!!<P>I like the thousand island dressing idea... have to file that one away for future use. Oreo's look nasty, but try b-day cake with purple, orange and blue frosting.... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>My X tried the hugging/kissing thing too. It was hard to back away... to familiar, to many hormones, to easy to make that mistake again. Now when I think about it, I wish I'd knocked his um... his yaknow... up around his ears [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].<P>Now that I'm <I>"dating"</I> again (well, interested in someone anyway), I have no desire to even see him.... unless "we" bump into him, and he has that look like .... what the he## did I do, I want her back.... then it would be OK. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>B

#667691 08/22/00 09:08 PM
R
OP Offline
R
OOH, OOH, I want a new car!!!! Can I have one, Butterfly? Well, yeah, eventually. My stbx sold our Explorer - I didn't get a thing out of it (my fault for being so dumb to sign off on it when he wanted something new) New Car, New Girlfriend, new, new, new........<P>Hey guys, is it a hormonal thing? Well, I want it too!!! (No, not the hormonal thing!well, not necessarily, ~ well, maybe, a little bit.............) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Whew, I never realized I would be this relieved that it would finally be over for me.<P>Not planning on even dating for quite a while, but stranger things have happened. It's not like I'm coyote ugly or anything, but you know how it is when you're told over and over again how you're not as attractive as you think (not how I think, but how he thought I felt about myself)........kind of takes the steam out of you. Why do they do this? Try to make you feel badly about yourself? Their own guilt?<P>Hey, thanks for posting everybody. Type at your later!<p>[This message has been edited by RCoaster (edited August 22, 2000).]

#667692 08/22/00 11:28 PM
Y
Y
Hey Rcoaster,<P>Time to get off of the roller coaster and live life well! Like someone said above it is the best revenge. I still laugh at the comment my ex made, "You look good, you wear my money well". Ha Ha it aint all his money any more because of course it was and always has been half mine. It gets a little ugly when you are in the stage of your breakup, but it will all settle down soon. As far as hormones go, enjoy your new life for awhile before you jump in too quickly. Ive been in a relationship w/my current boyfriend a year and it is a work in progress, but it takes a commitment to keep it fresh. <P>I think that we should try to get together w/Butterfly when she visits the Seattle area. I am here too w/Murph and you. I saw your BI post. Im on the Eastside. But would love to get together and meet. I have been talking some driving lessons at the country club near by. The pro has been letting me try different clubs. It is now time to get my own set. Any advise on where to go? I have decided Im going with graphite not steel shaft. That is about all I know at this point. Anyway, golfing is very challenging I have only done a few par 3 courses so I still suck pretty bad. Oh well plenty of time to learn and get good.<P>Take care,<P>Gerri

#667693 08/22/00 11:44 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Gerri -<P>Definitely Graphite shafts. More oomph for the ounce. I had graphites put on my H's old Ping Irons and I love 'em. I'm fairly tall (5'9") so could handle the upright stance that my H's clubs have. I also use men's woods......just because of the height thing. Just try as many different types of clubs as you can and pick the ones you feel most comfortable with. <P>Just remember - the most important thing to take with you into the game is attitude.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation