Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#668385 09/01/00 12:15 AM
R
OP Offline
R
Crying right at the moment, about 5 hours and counting down to the end.....I have some things to do before meeting w/atty and going to courthouse. Life just goes on about it's business, doesn't it?<P>Gotta go......will post a little later.<P>Thanks everybody.

D
D
I called my lawyer today, he's on vacation.<P>What on earth happens when we get divorced, I am very confused, I thought I signed all I needed to in trial that day. I have to go back again?? Please tell me I don't.<P>Someone else said they found out they were divorced as of last Friday.<P>Which is it??? Mine should be soon, I wish I knew, but yet, don't need to be in your shoes right now, this week has been hard enough on me.<P>Prayers and hugs, Dana<P>DanaBfromMB@yahoo.com feel free to write<BR>

C
C
I have a good one about the date of the divorce.<P>X and I went to court around Nov. 11, 1998. I had until March 1 to get the house refinanced in my name. I knew that the judge could bang her gavel all day long but the deal wasn't done until the papers were signed.<P>Early January, knowing that I had to get to work on the mortgage, I called court clerk's office to find out about when I should expect my copy of the decree. They said they didn't have it yet and that the judge was on vacation from Dec. 15 through Jan.4. About February 3, my papers showed up, unannounced in the mail. The date of the judge's signature - Dec. 22. I had 3 1/2 weeks to get a mortgage. WABI x wouldn't give me an extension. (A..H... Any wonder why I hate him.) <P>I never had to sign a thing. Except the petition.<P>By the way, I got the mortgage. Found out Feb 27. Closed at 4:30 p.m. on March 31 before the house had to go on market April 1.<BR>

U
U
.<p>[This message has been edited by Trapped Mom (edited March 21, 2001).]

R
OP Offline
R
Hi guys & gals,<P>Had my cry this morning. I was going to go with my atty to the courthouse, but I decided I might need the time alone afterward and so I am just going to meet him there. No calls from stbx - I don't know if I feel okay with this.....it's over in about 2 hours from now and I don't even get an "I'm sorry"? Then again, I guess I don't really expect it because he wouldn't care anyway - he gets his precious freedom. Now he won't be committing adultery anymore.<P>Oh yes, the anger is still there [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Away we go................<P>C-Ya

S
sd Offline
S
Awwwwww, here's a (((HUG))) for all of those tears you've cried. I am truly sorry! My X has been gone for nearly two years. I have cried a MILLION tears. The process of divorce is emotionally devastating, but you must hang in there! Keep reading these posts & you will see that people do eventually recover. But, it is NORMAL to take two steps forward, and then 3 steps back. I still feel fairly intense pain at times, but the duration is much less these days. Please maintain your supports, cry hard, scream & yell, pout, get depressed, feel miserable, and then....get outside, see the sun, and try to focus on YOURSELF and your own goals. I know it is hard, but u can do it!! If I made it thru, ANYONE can! take care!

M
M
<BR> RC,<P> I'm really sorry.<BR> Are you OK?<P> Probably don't know whether to be mad,or hurt,or both,huh?All of this just really s*cks. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> Hang it there......<P><BR> ~~Murph

N
N
RC,<P>I`m so sorry for your pain.. I know right now I am waiting my self for my final papers, adn I`m not sure how I will feel that day.. I feel as the whole world feels, it`s just a peace of paper.. my ex left Nov, 98.. and I feel I have been divorced since.. he never once looked back, or care what emotional termoil I was going through for his ignorance.. <P>I know to this day.. I do still cry uncontrolably for what he has done to us, to our family, to me.. but ther is no stopping this.. it is over, and I have known that for ever so long.. it is the time it takes for my life, to take a better turn, that is making it all the harder.. if we all found happiness some where else, or with some one else, we would be more able to get past this.. (my opinion) but time and life have still failed me, and I have had nothing but bad luck since he left.. it seems every week something else happens to me, that were unfortunate cercumstances.. but they did happen, and they have made my life, even harder to bare.. <P>I did learn one thing that I will never do again.. and that is never to go into a relationship in blind love.. to take the time to really know that the next person, wants me as much as I want him.. <P>my ex showed his true colors way back when, but I chose to (stupidly) think he was going to be different with me.. he would one day open up, feeling more comfrotable with me, but that never happened.. he was never comfortable talking things out.. he would never approach any important issues.. I had to do it most of the time, and after a while I heard him say, it all sounded like complaints.. and I am just a whinner...<P>as I sit here reading others posts.. I will be thinking of you tonight.. you are not alone.. I am here if you need me.. I do alot of reading now.. and it does help..<P>you take care of you.. and to hell with them... <P>AV

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation