Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#670028 09/22/00 09:45 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Hi all! I haven't been on line at all for the past few days due to a situation that I was wondering if you all could help me with some advice or new ideas since I am running out. I have a wonderful healthy six year old son, who lately has been complaining of his stomach hurting and him being sad all the time. This is unusual coming from him since he is normally happy 99.9% of the time. He is unfortunatly stuck in a not so wonderful situation regarding his homelife. His father, is living here in the same house as us, although for severe problems in the marriage he and I sleep in different rooms, and we do our own things as if we were just roommates. We both love our son. We don't argue in front of him, we don't speak badly about each other around him, and we try as hard as possible to make his life almost normal right now. My son will not tell me what is wrong. He holds a lot inside of him. I am pretty sure that this is what is causing the stomach aches. He is not sick at school, nor in the car rides to and from, just once he gets to the house it starts to act up. He won't play with friends etc... he even turned down a play date at McDonalds (his favorite place to go). I have had him talk with the school counsler to no avail. He won't tell her anything either. The past few days it is getting a little bit better on the release end with the fact that he will start to cry for no reason. He won't tell me what is wrong so all I can do is hold him in my arms until he is better. I let him know that he can tell me anything, and I try to start up conversations with him, but I am just not sure anymore. As of the start of next week I have rearranged my entire work schedule to fit around him so that I am always around for him both before and after school. I am running out of ideas... anyone with info that they are willing to share, please do. It would be appriciated more than you could ever imagine!! -Java

M
M
Java,<P>No real advice here....just a big hug. I went through this with our youngest during the divorce and even after. She holds a lot in and I just let her, at her own pace, let things out.<P>Our youngest had a hard time dealing with all the emotional aspects of the divorce. I just let her know that anytime she needed to talk.......I was there for her.<P>Your doing the right thing. Make yourself available to him. He is so young and is confused himself. But believe me........as young as he may seem, they still do understand and interpet alot of things. They can feel the strains between your spouse and you.<P>Have you tried outside counseling? It really did help both of our girls.....they could release some pent up frustrations and emotions that they felt they couldn't with me. Not because I wouldn't understand or be compassionate, but because they didn't want to cause me any more hurt or pain.<P>Good luck<P>Nancy

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,099 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation