Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
JDQ Offline OP
OP Offline
J
A awhile back the was a Roll Call that is now in the archives, I believe. And while it was nice to have a little background on people, I know it can get emotionally cumbersome. I would just like to know who is in my neck of the woods, so would you please let me know, and others for that matter as I'm sure I'm not the only one,<BR>#1 State you live in,<BR>#2 Guy or Gal<BR>#3 Interests(please be appropriate)<BR> I'll go first<BR>JDQ<BR>Eastern Washington<BR>Gal<BR>Horses, specifically Western like packing, trail, outdoors, the country lifestyle,yes, I like both Country and Western music, but I also enjoy other styles as well. And I have an F250 diesel, and a Subaru. I say that for the benefit of those who have horses, that I am independent, and not looking for someone to "latch on to" who has the same. Those who are into horses will understand!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>It's the mended oyster that turns the pain into a pearl.

J
J
#1: Kansas<BR>#2: Guy<BR>#3: I love the outdoors, primarily activites near large bodies of water; swimming, boating, rafting, kayaking, floating, jet-ski's. I am a lover of all animals and although I enjoy target shooting and archery when I get the chance, I am not a hunter. I don't even own a gun. That's probably why I like playing darts too. I just sold my Honda for a Dodge Dakota Truck and I like it. Camping and hiking are 2 other activites I will look into if I make it to Colorado. I also love thunderstorms, something that CO doesn't seem to get alot of. I prefer jeans and sweatshirts and am attracted to low maintenance women, something my STBX definately was not!<P>------------------<BR>JH93<p>[This message has been edited by Jayhawk 93 (edited October 14, 2000).]

J
JDQ Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I went "lurking" in other sites and see that the Gen. ?'s ll has one going, but it would still be nice to see those on this board answer, too. They are having a MB weekend in AZ Jan 5-8th that I may look into. Saw Mitzi over at that board...Hi Mitzi!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
JDQ,<P>OK, I'll tell where I'm from. Most people know here anyway since I'm not one to be anonyous! LOL<P>I'm from WV and I'm all woman! LOL LOL<BR>(Ok just goofing off, as usual!)<P>My interests....hmmmm...I don't have time for them but I enjoy a lot of different things. I like the outdoors, ya know...camping. I love to go camping by a river or lake. And I like real camping...tents, sitting by a campfire and cooking over it, roasting marshmallows. I like doing cross-stitch. I make most of my Christmas gifts! I also like to read, anything! And I like to see new places and meet new people. I'm pretty basic. Not "high maintenance" at all. I grew up on a farm and farm life and dresses and high heels just never went well together! LOL<P>Miti [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, <BR>Eastern Wash also!!<BR>Gal,46 now<BR>Like you, I enjoy horses...I have 2 arabs and show them both western and hunt seat. I also trail ride, I am an avid reader and like to cook. I have two teens who keep me on my toes, and am dating a great guy now..<P><P>------------------<BR>Susan

X
X
Hi everybody!<P>#1 Virginia<BR>#2 Guy<BR>#3 Pickin banjo in my W's Bluegrass band, Repairing acoustic musical instruments. Oops...you said "interests", didnt you? not occupations, LOL. Oh well....they started out as interests. Pure hobby.....my motorsickles. Can't bear to sell one....so I got 28 of em at the moment....mostly Harleys and Indians with a few Triumphs and BSA's thrown in. W says DON'T bring another one home or it's all over. I hope she's kidding!!

R
R
This is fun!<P>#1 Nebraska (in more ways than one, lol)<P>#2 Gal, just turned 46 too! (hi there Sue!!!)<P>#3 Home improvement, just bought a fixer-upper YIKES, both kids are 26 and 24 and married, enjoy my one grandson with two on the way (hey g-ma's aren't gray haired any more so don't let the stigma get ya, just started early and now GLAD of it), love my house critters a dog and two cats, gardening, college football, being "one of the guys", camping, 4-wheeling in my Jimmy, not afraid of getting dirty, formative years provided a farming background and now a city girl, knowing what I like and what I don't. Gettin' happier with myself than I've ever been before.

J
JDQ Offline OP
OP Offline
J
XMan- Just curious...You said "W" ...How come you're on the Divorced/Divorcing board?

R
R
Oakey Doakey - here goes<P>Western Washington (like everyone doesn't already know - Seattle area)<P>I'm a Woman, W O M A N (bringing home the bacon, etc., etc.)<P>Hey Mitzi, I'm a cross stitch fanatic too! A little bit behind in the gift making department this year though... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I love to read (everything) and my passion is golf, even though I haven't had the time for much of it in the past 6 months or so. Another [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>My other interests revolve around my two boys - keeping them in line, and watching them at whatever sport they're involved in during the different seasons. (No, Mitzi, no Yachting.)

M
M
Claire,<P>What?? No yachting?? Well why the heck not?? LOL LOL LOL<P>Don't feel bad, I'm a little behind on the gift-making this year too. Not enough hours in the day!!<P>Mitz [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

C
C
#1 Virginia<BR>#2 Guy<BR>#3 Bicycling, runnig, hiking, kayaking, basically anything outdoors<P><P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain and makes the sun come out again

X
X
Hi JDQ,<P>Nope, I'm not divorced.....It's just that over the last year or so, I've gotten to "know" and admire a bunch of folks from the other boards, some of whom, unfortuneatly, wound up on the D board. So, I like to stop in to read how they're doing every now & then. To tell ya the dang truth....I was a little mixed up when I posted to your thread......thought I was on another board. I'll try to be more careful. LOL<P>Best Wishes,<BR>Xman (The Bumbling Lurker)

Y
Y
Hi all,<P>Haven't been posting much trying to get on with my new life. Plus baseball has kept me very very busy. Playoffs here in Seattle are fun.<P>Im in the Seattle are too!<BR>I am a gal<BR>I like to read, play tennis, cook, collect wine, hang with my two kids and go to baseball games. I like sue have been dating a great guy for a year who is younger and never been married and am very happy at this point. I have a pretty healthy social life and probably go out with friends both guys and gals at least twice a week. You really have to work at getting out, call friends arrange stuff you know what I mean.<P>P.S. I missed the Seattle meeting cause nobody contacted me, Hey guys whats up with that? Oh well Sey la vie!<P>Gerri

C
C
I'm from Tennessee and there is no doubt that I am thoroughly and totally Woman.<P>Interested in lots of things. Travel, books - mostly fiction, love architecture, love doing things with my hands (from heirloom sewing to replumbing a commode). My children. Want to be a professional photographer.

C
C
I'm from Tennessee and there is no doubt that I am thoroughly and totally Woman - though not high maintenance.<P>Interested in lots of things. Conversations with articulate, intelligent people, travel, books - mostly fiction, love architecture, love doing things with my hands (from heirloom sewing to replumbing a commode), culture, and the arts. My children. Want to be a professional photographer.

C
C
I'm from Tennessee. And I am thoroughly and totally Woman though not too high maintenance. However, I can go from blue jeans to high heels faily well. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Interests - lots!!! Architecture, books - mostly fiction, travel, sewing and needlework, doing other things with my hands (even replumbed a toilet once and have repaired my dishwasher more than once), my children. Can handle sports spectating though I find baseball boring. (Maybe all I need is education, though.)

W
W
Cinderella,<P>kids play soccer? its an action sport, always motion, no commercial breaks as there is no down time. low scoring though.<P>you are articulate, I find that very true, and you are very intelligent, so why can't you find lots of guys?<P>maybe you have to go to more kid's athletic games, lots of single parents' there about your age.<P>also, volunteer for your kids athletic boards, such as a secretary, or an organizer of snacks, or stuff like that. lots of parents there.<P>i know you must be able to find someone through sports. its a man's world for sports, but you gotta play along.<P>thl

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation