Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 24 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 23 24
#672457 11/07/00 12:53 PM
W
W
Hey Gang!<P>Ok......um,let's see.<P>I agree 100% w/Mitz! Having total Openess and complete honesty is a must.<P>1.)Asking about "Her" day,what she did and so on.....and really Listen!<P>2.)Not taking life too seriously! Gotta have fun.[always a time and place for the serious stuff.]<P>3.)Showing your more "Tender/Emotional" side.<BR>Not having to always be the "Macho" man.<P>4.)Words are great.......[like the "I love you's",Pet names and words of affection.]but to me actions speak much louder then words.<P>Send an E during the day to let her know "Thinking about you".A call maybe just to say Hi.<P>When your out, nothing is more of a turn on then when you show full attention w/eye contact,touches,and so on if front of others.<BR>Your happy to be in her company and want everyone else to know it.<P>5.)Ok.......so y'all ready for this one?<BR>Now keep in mind this would be for the relationship that is serious/M.<P>Don't ever,ever,ask, "Honey,is there anything that I can do to help you w/the house/kids"<P>Men know what needs to be done,get off your duff and just do it.[mind you if the game is on and you see her busily doing the laundry,then tell her that you will do X or Z after the game.]<P>I see relationships/Marriage as a Partnership[all most like a Business Partnership]Your not going to have a Business Partner that says,"Hey Joe,is there anything that I can do for you to make this Company Merger happen." No........partner jack knows what has to be done and will just do it knowing that he is helping Joe out.<P>6.)Of course all of the other mentioned in this thread is right on!<P>7.)Bottom line.........or at least the way I see it.We [Men and Women] are really pretty much the same,in the fact that we all want the same things.Just keeping in mind what the #1 Need is of that person.....if you are meeting that need than your good as gold!<BR> <BR>Ok......now I have really babbled enough.<P>"Oh,man......look at the time,Gotta go and get some bleach! It's that time again."<P>Gina [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> <P><P>------------------<BR>"If we deny love that is given to us,if we refuse to give love because we fear pain or loss,then our lives will be empty,our loss greater!"-----Anonymous----

#672458 11/07/00 12:57 PM
B
B
Hum.... <P>Smile. <P>Be honest about things... all things. <BR> <BR>Talk to me.... about everything. Tell me how your day went, what your favorite color is, you fondest childhood memory... what you like and don't like.<P>Be my hero. Ok... do things for me like... find my keys, bring me a single flower for no reason (even if it's from my garden), kill the spider before I see it.<P>Have the "King Arthur Syndrom"... open doors for me, help me with my coat, hold my chair... etc. Guys, you wouldn't believe how many warm fuzzie points this stuff earns! Weather you are dating or just looking. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Send flowers to me at work (for an occassion, or just because)... so everyone can see them. (this one is also very impressive the morning (or Monday) after the first date.)<P>Leave messages on my voice mail (at home or work) when you know I'm not there... so I can get it when I get back and know you are thinking about me.<P>Make me laugh. <P>I also like to have my hair played with... like when staying home to watch a movie. <P>Be affectionate in public... hold my hand, kiss my cheek, touch me when we are talking. <P>Ok, I could go on and on with this one, but I'll stop here (for now anyway [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ).<P>Smooches,<BR>B

#672459 11/08/00 01:05 AM
B
B
Oops.... one more.....<P>Clean the snow off my car & warm it up for me when the weather is nasty.<P>Had to add this one, since it's still snowing here.... burrrrrr.<P>B

#672460 11/07/00 03:29 PM
B
B
Quick joke.... couldn't post it anywhere but here.... Bill, you'll like this one! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><BR>Taste Buds 101<P>In a Biology lecture, the professor was discussing the high glucose levels<BR>found in semen. <P>A young female freshman raised her hand and asked "If I understand you<BR>correctly, you're saying there is a lot of glucose in male semen?"<P>"That's correct," responded the professor, going on to add statistical<BR>info.<P>Raising her hand again, the girl asked, "Then why doesn't it taste sweet?" <P>After a stunned silence, the whole lecture hall burst out laughing.<P>The poor girl's face turned bright red; she picked up her books without a<BR>word and walked out of lecture hall never to return.<P>As she was going out the door, the totally straight-faced professor<BR>answered her question:<P>"It doesn't taste sweet because the taste buds for sweetness are on the<BR>TIP of your tongue!"<P><BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] B<P>

#672461 11/07/00 05:33 PM
J
J
Gee, I get a bit busy and don't respond very much here and look what happens!!! See if I can get caught up!<P>Positions... does "Any" count?? Standing was never a very comfortable one for me because I am short and usually all of the guys I dated were at least a good foot taller than me and it made it to be difficult. But apart from that... usually open to anything and everything at least once, and if I liked it the first time I would probably do it again. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Apart from that... personal favorites... that's for me to know! Sorry.<P>As for the affection part... How to make me feel special... I definatly have to agree with getting a single flower picked fresh just for you from the person who you are with.... flowergarden, wildflower, something like that... it doesn't matter from where. Being held. Snuggling on the couch. Kissing the back of my neck.... Letting me know that at least for one moment in time, I was the sole thought going on through your mind. That I am special to you and that if the situation demanded it, that you would put everything else to the side just for a moment to just be with me. Things in public that would do it... Coming up from behind me and wraping the arms around my waist. Brushing my check with a hand while looking into my eyes. Holding hands and getting those playful squeezes while doing it. Looking at me from across the way and smiling that special smile at me. I am sure that there are more, but that is enough for now.<P>Well, I think that I am caught up on things. Sorry for the disappearing act. I have been keeping caught up on things with all of you guys... just time is getting away from me lately. hope all is well for everyone.

#672462 11/09/00 05:36 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Haven't seen the guy I have been dating, or is that I had been dating in three weekends. Haven't talked to him in a week. Today I find this thread depressing - but that's my problem. Does this mean I have to wait another five years?

#672463 11/09/00 06:03 PM
J
J
Don't be down Princess. <P>If it's meant to be, then it will happen. Just look at the positive side of things, you now know that there are men out there who are capable of making you feel good, whether sex is involved or not. This guy was just your first step back to reality and it sounds like the problems were his and not yours. Don't be in such a rush and don't look so hard. You are going to find what you're looking for one of these days.<P>I have faith in you!

#672464 11/09/00 08:29 PM
C
OP Offline
C
You know, affection can be addicting. Not just the physical kind. Just having someone care. And, $#*@ it, it hurts when they walk off.

#672465 11/10/00 06:57 AM
C
C
No, it's not that affection "can" be addicting, it <B>IS</B>. It is the most powerful narcotic I have ever experienced. It masks every other feeling in the world. I can't quite explain it, but nothing else comes close to the feeling it provides and when you lose it, it's absence is is the most painful feeling in the world.<P>I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. The right guy is out there, he just hasn't found you yet. He will. And boy is he one lucky guy. He just doesn't know it. Yet.<P><P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain and makes the sun come out again

#672466 11/10/00 10:55 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks, Nick and Jayhawk.<P>I'm just in the deep dark pits right now. Don't really understand why. I think it's just a compilation of little things. Really feeling like a notch in the stick right now. And he thinks we can be friends. I don't know about that. How do people do that? I'm in no hurry to be friends. How can you be just friends with someone with whom you've been so intimate? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>I don't know that I'm ready for some one full-time but, oh, to have someone who lights up when I walk in the door. Even if it is only once a week. (Sigh)<P>Isn't transition a bummer? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>BTW - Jayhawk, I did know what I was doing when I started this thread FOR YOU [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]!!!<BR>I knew it had the potential for being the next megathread. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Think about it. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] What are the things most of us here feel deprived of? Affection? Love? Security? And how are those frequently tied together and expressed in Marriage? SEX!! I knew and I did it anyway. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>So, does that make me less of a princess? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>

#672467 11/10/00 11:47 AM
J
J
Cinderella,<P>You will always be a princess in my book, now matter what you say out here [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Do you want me to ride my horse down to Nashville and talk some sense into this man of yours?

#672468 11/10/00 11:59 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Nah - I guess he needs to figure it out on his own. I am trying to figure out, though, if and when I should call him. I am surviving without doing so. I sort of feel like he wanted to take this break, however long it might be, for his sake. Therefore, I sort of feel like leaving him alone. But I don't feel like sitting by the phone waiting for him. Would like a few dates between now and then just so I could say I'd not been waiting. Sort of like sticking my tongue out at him and following up with: "Nah nah nah nah nah nah."

#672469 11/10/00 07:37 PM
C
C
Men can be soooooooo stupid...<P>oops, wait, I'm a man.<P>Oh well, like I said....<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain and makes the sun come out again

#672470 11/10/00 07:39 PM
M
M
I don't know about the rest of the women here, but I, for one, LOVE men!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I don't think men are stupid at all!<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#672471 11/10/00 07:43 PM
C
C
Mitzi just hasn't met enough men yet [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain and makes the sun come out again

#672472 11/10/00 07:45 PM
M
M
Oh yes I have!!<P>Men aren't stupid all of the time. Some of them just have their moments of temporary insanity! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#672473 11/10/00 07:49 PM
C
C
hmmmm,<P>"Your honor, I plead the 'temporary insanity' defense"<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain and makes the sun come out again

#672474 11/10/00 07:51 PM
M
M
I knew that someone would try to use that as an excuse! Ya know, it doesn't work very often. Us ladies just tend to overlook things! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#672475 11/10/00 07:55 PM
C
C
My favorite insanity defense:<P>"Your Honor, I'm crazy about her"<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain and makes the sun come out again

#672476 11/10/00 07:58 PM
M
M
Ok, now how are we supposed to pick on ya when you say things like that?! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Page 14 of 24 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (3 invisible), 281 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation