Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
I am almost at the end of my divorce journey. I've been searching so long for a place where I can find some very real support for all the pain and heartache one feels when going through a marital breakup. Especially if you have fought all the way to not do this!<P>I've read so many of the posts here - beginning with the first discovery of infidelity, to the struggles of working on recovering if that's possible, to how much strenght and courage some of you have gone through to get to the divorce stage. I only hope and pray that I will find that encouragement and strenght here as well.<P>In a very small nutshell (my sage could take years to write) I discovered my stbh's affair when my son was 2 years old. He is now 6. I went to counseling, then "we" went to joint counseling, then one day in January this year, H came home and told me he had "asolutely no desire to be with me any longer..." Yes that's an exact quote. One that I will never forget. So I filed for divorce. And that's where I am now.<P>I hope you all welcome me into your group as I sorely need some friends who can relate to this. <P>Hope to hear from you all soon,<P>Lizzy

M
M
Lizzy,<P>If it's support you're looking for, you've come to the right place. mb is full of the most caring and loving people I have ever met! <P>How are you doing now? <P>Be warned though...sometimes we all get a little crazy. If you've been reading posts for a while, I'm sure you've noticed that! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Welcome!<BR>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

F
OP Offline
F
Oh goody! A reply already! Thanks Mitzi! Yep, I've noticed some of the craziness, but also the heartfelt concern around here! I was actually tempted to respond to the "sex" thread but being new and all, I thought I'd keep away from that one for now.<P>How am I doing? Geez, here in CA it's only 6:20 am and I'm typing on this computer drinking coffee. Guess I'm still figuring out what to do with my life and the mess it's in. STBXH has not moved out from the house yet and that in itself is one heck of a stress factor. He refuses to move until the final settlement is agreed to. I've been told there's nothing I can do about it. Custody has been agreed to thank goodness. Now it's just property and financial stuff. We haven't even told our 6 year old yet. I'm sure he senses something is wrong but with both of us still "playing" house together I don't think we should tell him until his dad finds a place to move to. Why contribute to more anxiety than is necessary?<P>Once again, thank you for being the 1st to take me into this family of friends...<P>Lizzy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Lizzy, <BR>Yes, this is a great place for support, to vent, and to recapture some of the lighter things in life!!<BR>Many of us have been here through our whole ordeal, some come in at where you are, but, most of us share the same ideas, life does go on, and if we want, we can have a truly happy relationship after divorce, whether we ever get back with our x's or move on to someone else, or desire just to grow within ourselves. <BR>The fun threads are great release, seems like so much of our lives when caught up in this are worrying and being stressed. And yes, when those times are touch, many of us come here to vent and get the support we need. <BR>So, welcome again, and post away!!<P>------------------<BR>Susan

F
OP Offline
F
Thanks Sue for your kind words. I'm just hoping that the final settlement will be agreed to relatively soon so my life can start over. Kinda hard to do with the stbx still living in the same house with you. Hopefully not for long. <P>Anyone else here gone through a divorce with the ex still living in same house with them? Seems like this is definately not the norm.<P>Lizzy

B
B
Hi Fisky Wabbit,<P>Welcome aboard, I've only been here for the past two weeks myself. Found MB during a flashback. You have found a group of incredibly wonderful people, and the MB philosophy is fantastic.<P>My ex and I tried to live in the same house hold for nearly six months following the decision to divorce. There certainly have been happier times in life. Hope you read some of Dr. Harleys stuff, plan A and plan B. His thinking wasn't around when we split, and as I read his columns, I sometimes wonder if we couldn't have saved our marriage if only we had access to this kind of thinking. These ideas seem to work for a lot of folks where the traditional ideas have failed.<P>Meanwhile, I stand in awe of the comfort and support this group offers to each other, and they take time out for a laugh too!<P>Praying for you,<P>Bumper<P>

J
JDQ Offline
J
Frisky Wabbit,<BR> My X and I lived in the same house, till after the Temporary Hearing told him he had to move out. He was pretty much living at his new girlfriend's home for about 4 months, but told me I had alot of audacity to ask him to move out. So, I had to get the court involved. We have 7 y/o and 11y/o daughters. He didn't see anything wrong with taking the girls back and forth between the two houses while he was still living here. It is a very difficult place to be. Especially, where the kids are concerned.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation