Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#674117 11/04/00 01:36 AM
J
Jax Offline OP
OP Offline
J
It's not that we're not going to try, Lord knows we hate to loose. It's just that we have a definite disadvantage that has to be factored into the whole.....for example;<P>If you put a woman on a pedestal and try to protect her from the rat race, you're a male chavinist.<BR>If you work too hard, there is never any time for her.<BR>If you don't work enough, you're a good-for-nothing bum.<BR>If she has a boring repetitive job with low pay, this is exploitation.<BR>If you have a boring repetitive job with low pay, you should get off your rear and find something better.<BR>If you get a promotion ahead of her, that is favoritism. If she gets a job ahead of you, it's equal opportunity.<BR>If you mention how nice she looks, it's sexual harassment.<BR>If you keep quiet, it's male indifference.<BR>If you cry, you're a wimp.<BR>If you don't, you're an insensitive [censored].<BR>If you make a decision without consulting her, you're a chauvinist.<BR>If she makes a decision without consulting you, she's a liberated woman.<BR>If you ask her to do something she doesn't enjoy, that's domination.<BR>If she asks you, it's a favor.<BR>If you appreciate the female form and frilly underwear, you're a pervert.<BR>If you don't, you're gay.<BR>If you like a woman to shave her legs and keep in shape, you're a sexist.<BR>If you don't you're unromantic.<BR>If you try to keep yourself in shape, you're vain.<BR>If you don't, you're a slob.<BR>If you buy her flowers, you're after something.<BR>If you don't, you're not thoughtful.<BR>If you're proud of your achievements, you're full of yourself.<BR>If you lack pride, you're not ambitious.<BR>If you're totally beat after a hard day's work, you don't give a hoot about other people's needs.<BR>If she has a headache, she's tired.<BR>If you have a headache, you don't love her anymore.<BR>If you want it too often, you're over sexed.<BR>If you don't, there must be someone else.<P>Seems like the deck is stacked against us. Hmmmmmmmm...........women certainly have a different perspective on the same things, it's a wonder all of us guys aren't totally insane trying to understand them. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#674118 11/04/00 01:59 AM
B
B
No No NO!!! Maybe some women might say these things, but there are none living in my house!

#674119 11/04/00 02:25 AM
R
R
Uh-huh........and many of the same can be said about men..........<P>I think your title should be why dedicated spouses can't win........

#674120 11/04/00 06:40 AM
C
C
Count me in the insane column!!!<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain and makes the sun come out again

#674121 11/04/00 09:40 AM
J
J
I thought that all men were totally insane...<P>And it is not like you men make things any easier for us women....<P>-Java

#674122 11/06/00 11:32 AM
F
F
Jax, I think you have it wrong. Here's my list:<P>If you put a woman on a pedestal and try to protect her, you are her knight in shining armor.<BR>If you work too hard, she misses being with you.<BR>If you don't work enough, she wants you to improve yourself and have an interesting job.<BR>If she has a boring repetitive job with low pay, she is contributing to the family.<BR>If you have a boring repetitive job with low pay, she admires your dependability and dedication.<BR>If you get a promotion ahead of her, she greets you at the door with champagne.<BR>If you mention how nice she looks, she's flattered.<BR>If you keep quiet, she stills sees "the look."<BR>If you cry, you're a sweet, sensitive man.<BR>If you don't, you're a strong, manly man.<BR>If you make a decision without consulting her, you're a leader.<BR>If she makes a decision without consulting you, she's running the household.<BR>If you ask her to do something she doesn't enjoy, it's her pleasure to make you happy.<BR>If she asks you, it's your pleasure to make her happy.<BR>If you appreciate the female form and frilly underwear, you're a stud.<BR>If you don't, you're too tired and need a back rub.<BR>If you like a woman to shave her legs and keep in shape, you're sexy.<BR>If you don't you need to do it for her.<BR>If you try to keep yourself in shape, she admires you<BR>If you don't, she'll go out running with you.<BR>If you buy her flowers, their fragrance will remind her of you all day<BR>If you don't, you're in need of some attention.<BR>If you're proud of your achievements, you're ambitious and noble.<BR>If you lack pride, you need an ego boost.<BR>If you're totally beat after a hard day's work, you deserve to have your feet rubbed and a cigar.<BR>If she has a headache, kiss her head.<BR>If you have a headache, have her rub your temples.<BR>If you want it too often, you're too much of a stud for her to handle. Yahoo!<BR>If you don't, you need to lay back and let her love you!<P><BR>CJ<P>------------------<BR>Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

#674123 11/06/00 11:48 AM
M
M
VERY well said, CJ!!!<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#674124 11/07/00 11:51 AM
F
F
I wish Jax would read this.<P>CJ<P>------------------<BR>Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

#674125 11/07/00 12:47 PM
L
L
Are we feeling a little bitter? I disagree with most of your little comments. Maybe you are talking to the wrong women. I never accused anyone of wanting something if I got flowers. My stbx brought me flowers after I filed for divorce. It may have made a difference had he done that during the 16 years we were married. I would have been happy with wild daisies from the side of the road. I would have been thrilled had he commented on lacy underwear...I would had been thrilled had he even noticed. I spent countless hours listening to the woes of his job...I encouraged him. When I talked about my job woes it fell on deaf ears. I have never ever been put on a pedestal. I think it would be nice if someone tried to protect me from the rat race. I have never met a man who cared enough to do that. Perhaps I have just met the wrong men.<BR>

#674126 11/08/00 12:01 AM
J
Jax Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Yes I guess I was feeling a little bitter when I posted this. My apologies to all the women on the flip side of that coin. I'm sure there are many and I for one hope that I will someday be on the receiving end of that for once. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Jax <p>[This message has been edited by Jax (edited November 07, 2000).]

#674127 11/08/00 12:10 AM
M
M
Jax,<P>Just wanted to let you know that I took what you posted as a joke. There were a lot of things posted at the same time that were jokes about men and women.<P>No harm done! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>

#674128 11/08/00 07:24 AM
B
B
Hey Mitzi,<P>I'm with you.<P>There was a comedy show over here a couple of years ago, and it had a skit with a man and a woman in bed, having a conversation. They always started with the woman asking the man a question, which he answered, which then went downhill rapidly. No matter what he said, it was the wrong thing, and he just dug himself a bigger deeper hole with every word.<P>It was so cleverly done, and worded. Used to crack me up everytime. Still brings a smile just thinking about it.<P>Jax - the address for the flowers is.......

#674129 11/08/00 09:05 AM
R
R
It is interesting to see how men and women "think of each other" BUT very interesting to see how we forget to "relate"<P>Have a good day.<P>By the way Jax, Thanks for sharing... everyone has those momments of "what's up with the other sex?"<BR>I'm sure some of your points can be valid at different points in all of our lives. Question is At that momment were we feeling burnt out that we created a situation or received the wrong message??

#674130 11/08/00 10:10 AM
F
F
Hey, Jax.<P>Had to let you know that I took it as a joke too--we were all just goofing around like that at the time. But I also wanted you to know the flip side of the coin. Not all of us women are card-carrying N.O.W. members! <P>CJ<P>------------------<BR>Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation