Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
T
CG,<BR>Well, if I'm ever in need of a bodyguard, I'll look you up!

C
C
What a weird story. I just read this thread. How totally bizarre! CG, I'm glad to know that it's behind you. I understand what you mean by being glad you don't have to worship with them. Isn't it strange what people can do and still think they're walking with God?

C
OP Offline
C
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheStudent:<BR><B>CG,<BR>Well, if I'm ever in need of a bodyguard, I'll look you up! </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well yeah, but then who would protect ME from YOU? <g>

T
T
Country Guy,<P>LMAO! I did take Judo in college, but most of them weren't a whole lot bigger than me. I crushed my nose once trying to pull a move on a 6' something guy in class. Thought it was broken for a few weeks, but the doc said I just crushed the cartilege in the tip. This move would probably work on a guy your size too...Here's how it works:<P>You and I stand face to face. I grab your collar with one hand and your belt with the other. I throw my body into a back roll, and roll you over my shoulder. You land on your back. That is how it was "supposed" to work. Anyway, the guy ended up rolling over my face instead of my shoulder. CRUNCH!! He did land on his back though. HU-HA.<P>You said you were a farmer(?) What do you grow? I have lots of family in Iowa, and a couple of my relatives were farmers. Most of them have backyard gardens, like I did. When I have my own house again someday, I'll get it going again. It is alot of work to get the soil in shape and I do things organically, so the bug balance takes a while to work out too.

C
OP Offline
C
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheStudent:<BR><B>Country Guy,<P>You said you were a farmer(?) What do you grow? I have lots of family in Iowa, and a couple of my relatives were farmers. Most of them have backyard gardens, like I did. When I have my own house again someday, I'll get it going again. It is alot of work to get the soil in shape and I do things organically, so the bug balance takes a while to work out too. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well actually I too grew up in Iowa. Got out of farming as soon as I could. (Long hours and low pay.) Moved to Chicago for job opportunities and attened the urban campus of UOI where I eventually recieved my BSME.<P>Spent serval years in the trenches and finally went out on my own as a consultant. Became heavily involved in computers and shop floor automation and still do it today.<P>A few years ago I moved back to the mid-west, purchased a small farm, and still do the consulting thing. I also have a couple other businesses I started and manage on a continuing basis.<P>I guess you would call me a "gentelman farmer" as I certainly don't try to make a living at it. (The hours are still to long and the pay to low.) But the real reason I live in the country is the quality of life I've never found in big cities.

S
S
CG - thanks for the warning - I hadn't thought about that as being a problem - being single again... <P>It's scary - the things that could happen - I'm pretty naive I think about these kinds of things. With four kids to raise and protect - I'm gonna be taking my time with any relationships. <P>Thanks - again - for the warning.<BR>

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 481 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation