Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
DanaB Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hot Buttered Rum<P>This warm drink is great at Christmas or on any chilly winter's night.<P>Mix makes about 15 drinks<P>1 cup Brown sugar, packed<BR>6 Tablespoons Butter, room temperature<BR>1/4 teaspoon Allspice<BR>1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon<P>Mix all ingredients well. Refrigerate any unused portion.<P>For each drink, add to a coffee mug:<P>1 Tablespoon of mix<BR>1 1/2 ounce Dark rum<BR>1/2 cup Boiling water<P>Stir well.

W
W
If I can find it, I'll give you all the most daywreckin try and make you a lush egg nogg...<P>I don't drink it any more but when I did it was really good<P>Bill

D
DanaB Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Red Lobster Cheese Biscuits<P><BR> Dough:<P> 1 1/4 lbs. Bisquik <BR> 3 Oz. freshly shredded cheddar cheese <BR> 11 Oz. cold water <P> Garlic Spread:<P> 1/2 cup melted butter <BR> 1 teas. garlic powder <BR> 1/4 teas. salt <BR> 1/8 teas. onion powder <BR> 1/8 teas. dried parsley <P> To cold water, add Bisquik and cheese, blending in a mixing bowl. <BR> Mix until dough is firm.<P> Using a small scoop, place the dough on a baking pan lined with <BR> baking paper. Bake in 375 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until <BR> golden brown. While biscuits bake, combine spread ingredients.<BR> <BR> Brush baked biscuits with the garlic topping.<P>

D
DanaB Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Cracker Barrel's Hashbrown Casserole<P><BR> 2 lbs. frozen hashbrowns<BR> 1/2 cup melted butter <BR> 1 can cream of chicken soup<BR> 1 pt. sour cream<BR> 1/2 cup chopped onion <BR> 2 cups grated cheddar <BR> 1 tsp. salt <BR> 1/4 tsp. pepper <BR> 2 cups crushed cornflakes <BR> 1/4 cup melted butter<P> DEFROST hashbrowns.<BR> <BR> COMBINE next 7 ingr. and mix with hashbrowns. <P> PUT all in a 3 qt. casserole.<P> SAUTE cornflakes in butter and sprinkle on top.<P> COVER and BAKE at 350 for about 40 min.<BR>

D
DanaB Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Here are some web sites that have a lot of great recipes and an online recipe box to store your favorites.<P>LANDOLAKES <A HREF="http://landolakes.com/new/" TARGET=_blank>http://landolakes.com/new/</A> <P>HERSHEYS <A HREF="http://www.hersheys.com/index.shtml" TARGET=_blank>http://www.hersheys.com/index.shtml</A> <P>BUTTERBALL <A HREF="http://www.butterball.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.butterball.com</A> <P>

B
B
Dana.... Hershey's.... yummy!<P>I have some really old family recipes at home... I'll dig them out and post some of the better ones later. Both of my Grandmothers were excelent cooks, and I learned a lot from them... the only thing is, all the recipes will feed an army! (Holidays around our family were Major events... 20-35 people at every meal!)<P>Smooches,<BR>B

C
C
Wassail

C
C
Wassail<P>2 lemons, juiced<BR>2 oranges, juiced<BR>3 cups water<BR>1 cup sugar<BR>1 cinnamon stick<BR>1 Tbsp. whole cloves<BR>2 gallons apple cider<P>Put sugar and spices in water. Bring to a boil. Pour all ingredients together and mix. Heat. Serve Hot<P>I love this stuff. Sometimes even cheat and make a quick version by the cup. (Just a touch of all the ingredients to a cup of cider)<P>Unfortunately, this year I'm having trouble finding the fresh cider. Can only find the stuff in the glass jars. Not nearly as good.<P>Happy Happy!!!!

W
W
Chocolate Version (i hate the vanilla ones)<P>Box of Vanilla Wafers<BR>4 tbsp cocoa or as desired<BR>1/3 cup white Karo<BR>1/4 cup dark rum (80 proof) but . . . .<BR>1 cup chopped nuts (2 if you're squirrelly<BR>or use shredded coconut if you're a monkey)<P>Roll Wafers to crumbs (inside ziplock bag)<BR>Combine ingredients and stir until all moistened<BR>Roll into balls,<BR>Roll balls in powdered sugar<P>alternatives:<BR>Bourbon Balls<BR>Brandy Balls<BR>Whiskey Balls<BR>Orange Balls (orange juice and 2 tbls<BR> grated orange peel)<P>yummy!<p>[This message has been edited by WhenIfindthetime (edited December 08, 2000).]

C
C
I'll dig up my step moms recipe for breakfast casserole. We fix the ingredients the night before & toss it in the oven while we open presents, then eat it while we watch It's a Wonderful Life.<P>BREAKFAST CASSEROLE<BR>Ingredients: <BR>9 eggs <BR>9 slices bread<BR>3 cups milk <BR>1 lb sausage<BR>1 tsp. salt <BR>pepper - to taste<BR>1 tsp. dry mustard <BR>2 - 3 Cups shredded cheese <BR>Directions: Cook and drain sausage and spread into bottom of 9x13 pan. Cut bread into cubes and spread over sausage. Combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper and dry mustard and pour over bread. Cover with shredded cheese. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. <P>Note: This can be prepared the night before and baked the morning you want it.<P><BR>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain and makes the sun come out again<p>[This message has been edited by c00ker (edited December 15, 2000).]

W
W
Here are two great winter drink recipes:<P>1 mug of hot apple cider<BR>Mulling spice (optional)<BR>1/2-1 shot of cinnamon schnapps<P>Very simple, but very good!<P><BR>Homemade Irish Cream <P>1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk<BR>2 Cups Liquid Non-Dairy Creamer<BR>1 Cup Whiskey<BR>1 Teaspoon Instant Coffee<BR>2 Teaspoons Hershey's Chocolate Syrup<BR>1/4 Teaspoon Coconut Extract<P>Place all ingredients in blender and blend.<P>This is much cheaper and tastier than Bailey's!<p>[This message has been edited by Wifeofcop (edited December 08, 2000).]

W
W
DELICIOUS HOLIDAY FRUITCAKE<BR>1 cup water<BR>1 cup sugar<BR>4 large eggs<BR>2 cups dried fruit<BR>1 teaspoon baking soda<BR>1 teaspoon salt<BR>1 cup brown sugar<BR>lemon juice<BR>Nuts<BR>1 gallon whiskey<P>Sample the whiskey to check for quality. Take a large bowl.<BR>Check the whiskey again to be sure it is of the highest quality.<BR>Pour one level cup and drink.<BR>Repeat.<BR>Turn on the electric mixer; beat 1 cup butter in a large, fluffy bowl<BR>Add 1 teaspoon sugar and beat again.<BR>Make sure the whiskey is still OK. Cry another tup. Turn off mixer.<BR>Break 2 legs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit.<BR>Mix on the turner.<BR>If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers, pry it loose with a drewscriver.<BR>Sample the whiskey to check for tonsisticity.<BR>Next, sift 2 cups of salt. Or something.<BR>Whocares? Check the whiskey.<BR>Now sift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.<BR>Add one table. Spoon. Of sugar or something.<BR>Whatever you can find.<BR>Grease the oven.<BR>Turn the cake tin to 350 degrees.<BR>Don't forget to beat off the turner.<BR>Throw the bowl out of the window.<BR>Check the whiskey again.<BR>Go to bed.<BR>Who the hell likes fruitcake anyway ???<BR>

L
LLL Offline
L
WIFTT<P>So glad you posted my favorite fruit cake recipe! I intended to locate it this weekend and post it, but I never could FTT.<P>Peace, LLL<BR><p>[This message has been edited by LLL (edited December 11, 2000).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation