Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#676491 12/07/00 07:36 PM
W
OP Offline
W
in the concept of equality and in deference to GSD,<P>do the women have suggestions for a guy to give to a woman, for a relationship just starting, but is very special and has tremendous potential?<P>and fine german sports cars are not<BR>within my price range! <nick, another suggestion?> although when i asked her what car would she buy, she said a mercedes sports coupe <well, maybe in 20 years!><P>tom<BR>

#676492 12/08/00 12:05 AM
S
S
Remember - you ask me!!!<P><<<<<mercedes>>>>> THEY ROCK!!!! YEAH!!!!<P>ON a more serious note, however, music - something romantic; violins, slow dance stuff, nature sounds mixed with brass or string bands are always nice to relax to.<P>Candles - scented, smell good stuff for my home. Perfume - for me... I love Chanel #5, ask your lady what that wonderfully sexy scent she's wearing is - if she says she doesn't wear perfume - DON'T buy her any!<P>Luxury bath stuff... anything along those lines... lotion, bath oils, lofah sponges, manicure supplies.<P>Specialty coffees - and delicate cookies, tortes, and deserts... <P>Special tea cups or coffee mugs for 'those moments'.<P>Photos of the two of you... or one of you for her desk - framed nicely<P>Stuffed animals. I love Teddy Bears...<P>A trip to anywhere - to share... with you.<P>A romantic evening out that starts with flowers early in the morning.<P>Almsot anything ANTIQUE.<P>Hope these ideas help you...<P>

#676493 12/08/00 12:22 PM
R
R
WhenIfindthetime,<P>DITTO on seekingjoy's list!<P>Congratulations! I'm so very, very HAPPY for you!<P>Something must be in the air! I've just been delivered 12 red roses..... I am speechless.......my goodness, a dozen red roses! They are beautiful!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!! I gotta go drool.........and fight off my co-workers questions!<P>Ragamuffin

#676494 12/09/00 01:18 AM
L
LLL Offline
L
Another ditto for seekingjoy's exceptional list (except I am anti-stuffed toy...I lost interest in those years ago...except those from my Dad - I am still his little girl!)<P>Hope all goes well with your new relationship!<P>Peace, LLL<p>[This message has been edited by LLL (edited December 08, 2000).]

#676495 12/08/00 02:18 PM
G
gsd Offline
G
I love the idea that some obscure thing that I mentioned off the cuff will be remembered. Like my ex remembered me mentioning (once!) that I liked this one singer. He bought me tickets three months later to a concert. I didn't even remember the conversation. Stay away from perfume or clothing, unless it is something that she mentioned she would just LOVE. ( I hate anything cliché.) Flowers at work are good; orget her a little gift for the twelve days before xmas, then something special. Bath stuff is nice along with a good book. I think books make great gifts. They can really reflect someone's personal tastes. What about a facial or massage or pedicure for the evening you will take her out dancing? If you do choose any of the above, I can easily forward my mailing address for your convenience. . . . [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>I wish I were shopping for a girl. . . .<P><BR>

#676496 12/09/00 11:01 AM
C
cl Offline
C
Under $100? <BR>A beautiful scarf<BR>Perfume<BR>Swavorski crystal piece<P>Happy Holidays!!!

#676497 12/09/00 06:40 PM
C
C
The SL for sure - black with a red interior.<P>My three favorite fragrances for myself are Obsession, Chanel No. 22, and Angel. Angel is made with no flowers; patchouli, chocolate, raspberries, and something else. The bottle is shaped like a star and I'll send any gentleman here my work address so that you may have it delivered.<P>By the way, sir, I suppose I need to take you to task on something!

#676498 12/09/00 08:12 PM
T
T
Hmmm. The things that made the most impact on me were not the things that cost the most money. It was the things that made it obvious that he was listening to me. I'm guessing she has made comments about going somewhere or doing something once or twice. If you guys have taken a stroll and done some window shopping, if you noticed something in particular that caught her eye. Also, anything that you have to personally make that takes alot of effort. The point is that you want to show her you really went out of your way to say something special.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation