Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#676705 12/11/00 12:16 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Well its final. I went to the final court hearing today alone, just me and my attorney. I was put on the witness stand and had to answer a few questions and that was it. <P>I really don't know how I feel. I guess it's alot of different emotions. I cried a little on the way to the courthouse but not alot. I guess in my mind and heart it has been over for awhile. I can forgive all of the things he has done to me but I can't forget them. <BR>I called him and left him a message when I got home telling him that I just gave him my christmas present to him his freedom. I wished him well and told him I hoped he found the happiness he has been searching for. <P>So now it's time to move forward to the next stage of my life. I am planning to go back to school next year. I am really having fun with the kids and actually looking forward to the holidays. So all in all I'm doing fine. I guess I just needed to say that I am now divorced.<P>Have a good one! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jill

#676706 12/11/00 06:25 PM
M
MF Offline
M
Jill,<P>I won't say I'm sorry for this. Because now you have a bright future with your kids.<P>I'm sure you don't care that much but I know this, he's not going to find a happiness from this. and he has to live with it.<P>On the other hand you, tried real hard to save this marriage and you did what you could do. Because you did the best you could now you are ready to move on. I'm happy for you.<P>I wish you and your kids well, and happy holidays [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].<P>Meg<BR>

#676707 12/11/00 06:30 PM
N
NSR Offline
N
{{{Jill}}}...<P>I pray for you... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>You will make it through this.<BR>I will too.<P>My divorce is scheduled for December 20th.<BR>It will be a hard day for me too.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

#676708 12/12/00 11:26 AM
C
C
jill & jim, <BR>my prayers are with you both. i go to court on the 18th also. i hope mine is simple and over with quickly as i don't know how well i can hold up (but i doubt it). my stbx has subpoenaed my two sons, my 1 sons wife, my daughter-in-laws mother, my brother-in-law and his girlfriend (my friend), oh yeah and my brother-in-law (name previously)'s x wife. why? i really don't know. my divorce was filed by me last november. x refused therapy when we were together, he has a drinking problems and then i discover an affair while we were apart last year. we've tried reconciliation a few times but it just hasn't worked, too much control issues. even our divorce is about who comes out with what in his eyes. we don't have alot of assets, its not worth all the fighting and legal expenses. on the 1st he sent me a birthday card and on the 8th i get another card telling me i'm always in his heart next to him and always will in the future. this weekend my kids went with him for a few hours and he tells them to have mom pick out something for christmas. why do they do stuff like this? playing with our feelings, i'm totally confused and i can't take putting my divorce on holding again (i've done it twice already). my eldest son was quick to tell me sunday after coming home from visiting his dad, that dad had stopped drinking, and he was going to therapy 3 times a week, plus he looked less depressed. this from a son who i know desperately wants his parents back together. i just don't know what to believe anymore. in the past x calls like two days before court date and begs me to give him another chance telling me he can't live without us. somehow i don't think that will happen this time, i pray and hope that god will take control of my life. things happen for reasons i'm told. its especially hard at this time of year. my daugther-in-law is pregnant and due on dec 25, wonder what that will bring, her parents are also divorced and fighting.<P>

#676709 12/12/00 12:40 PM
J
J
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I really don't know how I feel. I guess it's alot of different emotions.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>However you feel just know that we are here for you...<P>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{crazy or what?}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>------------------<BR><B>Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...Courage to change the things I can...And the wisdom to know the difference.</B><P>lady_divine77@yahoo.com

#676710 12/13/00 01:03 AM
R
R
crazy or what?,<P>"So now it's time to move forward to the next stage of my life." You go girl!!! There is life on the "other side". You do sound stong, keep up the good work!<P>Ragamuffin

#676711 12/13/00 07:19 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks for all of your support it means alot to me. I am really doing pretty well. I had a bout of lonliness and tears last night in bed but that doesn't happen very often. Life changes everyday and I feel everything good or bad happens for a reason and sometimes it just takes awhile to be relized. <P>Thank You again for all of your love and support of me the past few years.<BR>May You all be blessed with happiness and life fulfillment.<P>Jill

#676712 12/13/00 09:21 PM
W
W
{{{{{{{{{{{{jill}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<BR>well, you sound better, and yes, you may get on with your life, whatever that means.<P>I like your line about a christmas present.<P>well, i got my first draft in the mail today, and the instant the X (STBX technicality, but the closer it gets, the more she wants it so I call her my X) got it, she called me all upset about the wording, and I said I won't see it until i get home.<P>Then the mediator called me to tell me that the instigator of this process found a bunch of faults with the wording, so she said to just throw it out and wait for a new copy.<P>I guess i am looking at January sometime to meet a nice judge. she even decided to pick the court that has the fastest turnaround time.<P>Divorced and out of work as of Jan 31st. <P>tom

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 476 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation