Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#685549 03/25/01 11:18 PM
B
bonnet Offline OP
OP Offline
B
For all of you who are having cool weather, please please get some to me.....<P>I'm literally melting sitting at the computer. I'm not one to sweat much (keep it clean) but my God, it's pouring off me. And this is supposed to be Autumn (fall)<P>I think Cinderella's post may have had something to do with the current state of affairs. Now there's a phrase!!!!!!!<P>Boy, have to go have a cold shower. This weather is killing me. I like it hot, but it's so steamy and muggy. We must be due for a storm.<P>I love our tropical storms. They are so loud ferocious and quick. D#1 had never heard thunder until we moved to Sydney. Melbourne very very rarely has thunder. Have to get the washing off the line.<P>isn't this domestic!!<P>have to go and pick up the children<BR>talk to you all soon<P>Jo

W
W
I live for hot muggy weather!! I love it when it's 95+ degrees and 100% humidity....Perfect summer weather!!<P>We get some pretty good thunderboomers here in the southeast...<P>Do y'all get tornados down under??<P>Oh....when were you going to get your clothes out of the oven??? That thing next to my washer....It's a dryer... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><BR>Bill

B
B
I just got back from running the kids to the bus-stop.<P>It's 27 degrees (farenheit) and snowing. <sigh><P>Send me some of your hot weather, and I'll send you my snow!

S
S
Here in Miami it's very pleasant and temperate now. In Tampa, on the <I>west</I> side of Florida (where I grew up) I think it <I>feels</I> a lot hotter. Maybe the winds come off the warmer gulf, or overland ... but it is supposedly the lightning capital of the world and I saw enough there growing up to convince me they may be telling the truth. <P>On a summer day, I used to singe the inside of my nostrils with my first inhale after getting in the car. <P>We had a newsman who didn't have good feeling in his hands because he'd had a parachute accident, and one day he gave himself second degree burns from his steering wheel. <P>But if you want <I>hot</I>, I've never felt more oppressive, humid heat than Richmond, Virginia. 107 degrees, and little you can do about it (at that point it just overwhelms A/C)--not that my 90+ year-old second cousin had any in the house he was born in or the car he'd driven for 30-odd years. <P>Go down to the convenience store, buy a couple of bags of ice, throw 'em in the kiddie pool with some water, and kick back and relax in there.

B
B
In February we had two or three days when the temperature got up into the 70's. This month, not once. It's in the low to mid 40's today. Weird. <P>Sorry your so hot Bonnet. I'd love to send you about 20 degrees of coolness today. But I don't think that's really possible.

J
J
I don't know what's up with the weather here in Wilmington, NC. ANd I'm sure Bill, you can back me up on this one. It's cold one day, raining another, then in the 70's on another. I can't wait for the summer personally.<P>Hey sisyphus, I grew up in Miami (been here in NC for 4 years). I absolutley love my home state; I'll be in Orlando probably in the next two years....<P>------------------<BR><B>God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...Courage to change the things I can...And the wisdom to know the difference.</B><P>lady_divine77@yahoo.com

B
bonnet Offline OP
OP Offline
B
WilliamJ,<P>you're so cruel to me. You know I have a problem with all your funny kitchen/laundry equipment. It's so different to what I'm used to. We still have the scrub board....<P>Is THAT what that smell was? I put my clothes in the oven?<BR>Gads, I'm so sorry about that. Could you take them to the drycleaners for me, maybe they can fix them?? Thanks hon.<P>As far as tornados go, no, we don't. Although having said that, Melbourne did have one a couple of years ago. It's such a rare occurence over here.<P>We have pretty bad cyclones, especially here in Queensland. Ferocious winds, big seas, king tides, flash flooding etc. Mind you, they are magnificent to watch. I can remember being on the Gold Coast one year watching the pounding surf, and the black black clouds moving so fast. I love watching mother nature at her best. <P>I was flying home at night the other day, and the capt. called me in to the flight deck. He said he had never seen so much lightening for such a protracted period of time. It was amazing. All the passengers were watching it, some with a scared look.<BR>I have been hit by lightening while working. It makes the biggest bang, I thought we'd blown an engine. I was pretty scared that day. The lightening hit the fuselage just under the first officer, and then bounced all the way down the side. It left the a/c up on the tail. When we landed, there were about 5 holes in the side, where the strike had bounced. Wasn't a dangerous situation tho, according to those in the know. The a/c is made to withstand lightening, and there are lightening 'things' (can't remember the term for them) which actually attract the lightening to them, and then send the strike on it's way (out into the atmosphere again). Have you ever noticed little plastic things on the wings, probably every 2 - 3 metres or so. They are the 'things' that attract the lightening, to keep it away from the main fuselage. Mind you, all the fuel is in the wings!!!!!! Aaaahhhhh, engineering, what a wonderful profession!!!<P>anyway, enough of that.<P>Have a great night, sleep tight<P>Jo

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation