Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
cjack Offline OP
OP Offline
C
You know, I just don't understand the X sometimes! This past weekend was so strange. I've been separated for 9 months now, divorced for 6 weeks, and I can't seem to get rid of my X! She was the WS, she left me for another man, and now she won't leave me alone!<P>Two weekends ago, she interrupted a double date I had with a scathing phone call about D being a few minutes late. This past weekend was even more bizarre. Tell me if this strikes you as odd:<P>It was a big weekend at work. There was a big music festival in town. Friday night was a "warm up" concert at a local bar with one of the bands that would be playing the next day. I had told X (we communicate about who's going to watch D) that I would be gone on Friday night, and I might be gone most of Saturday if I went to the concert. I had to work late Friday, but I called to talk to D about 8:30, then left for the bar. <P>When I got back (about 2am), I noticed that X had called about 9:15, but left no message. A minute later she had called my cell phone (which I had left at home) but again left no message. I figured if there was no message, it must not have been important.<P>Saturday I spent a good deal of time on the internet, so my phone was tied up most of the day (downloading a few last-minute songs from Napster!). I checked my messages every couple of hours, and had my cell phone on all day. No one called all day.<P>Sunday morning, when I got back from the gym, I got a very angry call from the X: "Where have you been?! I've been trying to call you for the last couple of days!!! I though you were dead! Why didn't you call me back? Where WERE you?" etc.<P>Apparently she had "plans" for Saturday night and needed my to watch D. By not answering her numerous calls (which I didn't know anything about), I "spoiled" her plans. She also took me to task for being inconsiderate. My crime? After seeing her number on the caller ID, I am apparently obligated to call her and inquire about what she was calling about...no message necessary...if she calls, and I don't call her back, I'm the bad guy! I asked her why she didn't leave a message, and she said "you know I don't like to leave messages." Funny, two Friday's ago, while I was at dinner, she left one heck of a message on my cell phone!<P>The real kicker? After yelling at me for a few minutes for not being at her beck and call, she gets really sweet and says "by the way, I'm having a problem with my computer, could you help me?"<P>You know, six years of living with this woman and I never noticed she had such big b*lls!

C
C
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Tell me if this strikes you as odd.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>\\<P>It fits the bill perfectly. People seem to think divorce “settles” and ends the relationship. <B>HA!</B><P>Usually after the divorce, people tend to be less bitter & upset, so they feel more comfortable with the other person.<P>You have kids, so it won’t be “over” for a LONG time, if ever.<P>------------------<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<BR>For relationship info check out <A HREF="http://www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html" TARGET=_blank>Marriage & Relationship Resources</A>

F
F
LOL<P>The sick part is that none of this strikes me odd.<P>LMAO<P>My STBX WS wife is nearing where your X is now. Lets write a book and call it "Trouble in Fantasyland".<P>I particularly love the leave me alone, but they're the one calling, bit. <P>They just can't stand not having tabs on you. You're not there anymore to support Fantasyland.<P>Kevin

H
H
Ditto what FO1HO0 said...she can't stand not having tabs on you. Imagine how her brain was coming up with all sorts of things you may have been doing w/out her!!! Bet she hated every minute of that.<P>Remember what I said about her using your D as a way to keep you home. I know it was not a popular suggestion but there seems to be a pattern here.<P>

T
T
My ex has told me on several occasions that he was so jealous about me going out with anybody of the opposite sex. Now, mind you, he was living with ow during this time and professing his love for her. Personally, I think it is rather funny that he could do what he wanted, but I was suppose to sit home and be Betty Crocker! HA HA! I think NOT! <P>Anyway, there is probably some jealousy there too. I don't think that is very unusual, but they don't like us to know about it. Also, I have to agree with the others...she doesn't like not being able to keep tabs on you. She hasn't learned that she made her choice and now has no control over your life.

O
O
Ok, last post of the night. Ws's get jealous when they can't control you. I arranged with H to pick up the MB folder I created for him. He asked why and I said to give to someone who is interested in saving 'their' marriage. Note: no mention of gender, name or relationship. <P>Based on that statement H accused me of giving the binder to a man that I am seeing who is having an affair. Did you get that from the above paragraph? Well, it was to loan to a friend so they could give it to a relative. I would not give H more info and that made him more mad. <P>When H calls, he is always asking what am I doing? H tries to find something wrong with what I am doing. Tries to say I am up to no good. Too bad I have to disappointment him soo much. Seems like he needs to know exactly what I am doing, when I ask him, he says I am invading his privacy. <P>Another example, H needs to move soon. He doesn't know where. He has several options (his moms's, his girlfriend's, his dad's or the street). I told H I need to know where to send his mail. I don't want H having more reasons to come over. He is an indcisive man has been in I don't know land for 4 months. He knows that if he goes and lives with OW, that is it. He says he will do the D thing but does not do the paperwork. So I call this morning, to ask where should I forward his mail. He says, he is stressed out to call back. I call back afer work, he is eating dinner out says he will call back in an hour. I call back 2 hours later, he does not answer the phone. I call back 5 times. I know he is there since he can not turn off this phone (limo company phone). He is switching it off after 3 rings but he has to turn it back on because he is on call (it is a nextel phone). So I keep calling back. On the 5th call he angrily picks up the phone and accuses me of bugging him. Right, he told me to call back and I did. Why didn't he answer? Because he knew it was me. Go figure. Finally I said, please answer my one question so I can leave you alone. Answer: I don't have an address, I don't know where I am going to live. When? I don't know when I will know but I have to be out of here in a week or 2 (don't have enough money for rent). WOW couldn't he have told me that earlier on the previous calls? No, it is more important to stress me out and make me call back over and over again?!?! <P>I sent an e-mail to WS, telling him off. I will not take the blame for his irresponsibility. He should keep his word and his obligations (still owes me money). There are more examples but I am getting real sleepy. <P>Good night. <BR>L.<P>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation