Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Nduli2 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
And man, when it rains it pours. You know I've been standing back from all of this mess for the last couple of weeks, confident that my stbx's incompetence will be his own undoing and will require no help at all from me. <BR>Last night my stbx's once best friend(now my roommate) gets a call from the stbx. It seems that the Hindenburg is crashing down rapidly. Points that he told her that I'm not supposed to know:<P>1. Is in danger of loosing his job due to poor performance. Can't concentrate and is depressed and stressed all the time.<BR>2. Doesn't see much of OW anymore.<BR>3. Might be going to the county lock up due to being charged with driving on a suspended license. Hasn't been a very responsible driver lately :P<BR>4. Pet chameleon went belly up due to him not taking good enough care of it(this pisses me off.)<BR>5.Is loosing the apartment and will have to live with mom, if you knew my mother-in-law you will understand why this is akin to being sent directly to the seventh level of Hades.<P> My friend being the kind and sensitive soul she is informed him that maybe a few weeks in prison is just what he needs because when he gets out he will be sensitive to a woman's needs having been one. Also thanked him profusely for sending me here as she's never had such a clean house, laundry and the eggplant parmeigan was excellent the other night. To which he heaved a big sigh and said "Yeah, she makes really good eggplant."<P>So it seems that the fantasy has derailed and is now laying across the tracks in pieces. I would like to be able to say I feel terrible for him and I do to an extent. But after the 5 months of complete hell I've gone through...well it's a tiny bit gratifying.

O
O
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nduli2:<BR><B> And man, when it rains it pours. You know I've been standing back from all of this mess for the last couple of weeks, confident that my stbx's incompetence will be his own undoing and will require no help at all from me. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well, it looks like your hopes have come true... incompetence will be the unwinding of it all. Also pride... pride cometh before the fall.<P>Stand tall and hang on to yourself (self-soothe) because it could get pretty rough ahead... the blame game and mud slinging... keep your head above it all!<P>All the best.<P><P>------------------<BR>We cannot do everything at once... but we can do something at once

C
C
When my x started in on his money woes, I didn't feel a bit sorry for him. And when he used to tell me he cried sometimes because he didn't get to see the children daily, I didn't feel sorry for him. He started it. He can live with it. Maybe I'm hard and cold, sometimes. But maybe he deserved it.<P>Take care of yourself and send us the eggplant recipe. I've never cooked any. And my children love Italian.

O
O
Dear Nduli2,<P>You are living proof that patience pays off. I needed to hear this today. <P>Gotta talk more. You have a good roommate and friend. My cousin is doing the same for me. Maybe your H will think before he drives. <P>Thanks,<BR>L.<p>[This message has been edited by Orchid (edited April 05, 2001).]

X
X
Hi Nduli2<BR>mmmmmmm......eggplant parmeigan, huh? Could ya'll use any help around there? I cut grass, rake leaves....paint pretty good.....anything for a little eggplant! Haven't had any (decent eggplant) since my little Italian grandma passed away....<P>Oh well.....good luck to ya<P>Xman

O
O
Ok, based on all the comments here, the answer we have all been looking for is eggplant parmeigan or Oberjeans parmeigan? Maybe forget all the techniques just cook up a good meal and they will come running. Right?<P>Oh how I wish it were that easy. Nduli2, keep up the good work. Hmm... I am getting hungry. That is a good sign. Haven't been feeling that way since Nov 2000. No wonder I lost so much weight!!<P>Oh by the way, H hates eggplants and I love it! Too bad for him. <P>L.

R
R
It really does go against my way of thinking to wish something "bad" to happen to anyone. You know, like when our loved ones say something like "he'll get his". But then of course, especially lately anyhow, because I am angry- I can't help but "hope" that my STBXH will come to the realization of the magnitude of what his actions have done to me. And part of me hopes that that realization doesn't come to him "easily". <BR>I am in such despair and anguish, and there he is, Mr. happy with the OW, living his happy little life blah blah blah. Oh, do I wish that bubble would burst!!!!!!!!<P>All that to say, I am happy for the little gratification it gives you. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I know, we really don't wish a terrible fate to befall our BS. All I want is a little realization-however that may come!<BR>I hope you have a wonderful evening!<P>Petrie

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 249 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation